Nov 05 2011
By: Crash-monkey_98 First Son 8 posts

Rhapsody Support For PS3

6 replies 2789 views Edited Nov 5, 2011

Hello Rhapsody/PS3 users! This is the first time I have posted to the forums (I think.)

The point of this is to get Sony to add some kind of support for Rhapsody. Maybe just add a simple DRM decoder or something? I have found many forums or guides on how to stream Rhapsody to a PS3, but all of them are either outdated or useless. I know how to start a Rhapsody server, but when I try to play a Rhapsody track, it just says that the data is either corrupted or not supported. This is most likely because of the DRM. It can't be that hard to add a DRM decoder for the PS3, right? An app would be even better if that is possible.

Anyone else agree? I hope this gets noticed and added!

- Crash-monkey_98
Message 1 of 7 (2,789 Views)
PlayStation MVP
26346 posts

Re: Rhapsody Support For PS3

Nov 5, 2011

Post it to the Blog Share.

Message 2 of 7 (2,789 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Nov 5, 2011

Thanks for pointing that out! I found that page eventually and i'm posting this now. Thanks again!

- Crash-monkey_98
Message 3 of 7 (2,789 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 22, 2013
I hope they could add a app that would be amazing!!!
Message 4 of 7 (2,366 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jan 22, 2013
It seems like Sony is resisting adding any new music services to the PS3 at all, only Sony's music service is available...
Message 5 of 7 (2,363 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Jan 22, 2013

Totally had the same thought many years ago, love Rhapsody. But I believe they have joined the dark side and paired with the other console team.

Anyway Sony does offer Music Unlimited (of which I snagged with the PS+ deal just before New Years) which is alright. While MU does have a more robust Iron Maiden catalog (!) I m istakenly thought I could download the tunes to my PS3 and make some gnarly playlists for some games (Need For Speed: Most Wanted for ex.), but it was not menat to be. Maybe on the PS4?.....

Message 6 of 7 (2,356 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6545 posts

Jan 22, 2013

hrcrowley wrote:

Totally had the same thought many years ago, love Rhapsody. But I believe they have joined the dark side and paired with the other console team.

Anyway Sony does offer Music Unlimited (of which I snagged with the PS+ deal just before New Years) which is alright. While MU does have a more robust Iron Maiden catalog (!) I m istakenly thought I could download the tunes to my PS3 and make some gnarly playlists for some games (Need For Speed: Most Wanted for ex.), but it was not menat to be. Maybe on the PS4?.....

Yeah i find that weird, considering you can make offline playlists for the ps vita and mobile apps and make them run simultaneously with other programs/games.

Message 7 of 7 (2,354 Views)
0 Likes