Jul 15 2012
By: ScratchNSniff8 First Son 3 posts
Accepted Solution

Restored default settings, now my profiles don't work

3 replies 111 views Edited Jul 15, 2012

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me.  I took my PS3 to a friends house and had to use an AV cable (I use HDMI at home) and it wouldn't display on his TV so I restored the factory settings.  Now after I've done that, my profiles are listed but they begin with a * in front of the profile name and my save games do not appear to load.  Can anyone help me get my saved games working again?  Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 4 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Re: Restored default settings, now my profiles don't work

Jul 15, 2012
since you restored it to factory settings, unless you had everything backed up I dont think you can get your game saves back, but you can login to your account and redownload anything you downloaded already.
Message 2 of 4 (101 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 15, 2012

I didn't format the hard disk so I know they're still there. It did appear to be able to at least partially restore them because it the profile names have reappeared though with a * appended to the front of them

Message 3 of 4 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
3 posts

Jul 15, 2012

Nevermind. I think I got it. I updated to the latest firmware because it wouldn't let me sign into my PSN account otherwise, signed into my PSN account once and my saved games were accessible again. I won't need to restart Max Payne 3 now :-)

Message 4 of 4 (95 Views)
0 Likes