Treasure Hunter
7393 posts

Re: Resistance Update now LIVE

Oct 12, 2012

JuanMdP wrote:
The campaign was goddamn awful. The ghost bug is still there, however, the Mule was nerfed and even though people still use it they end up being chumps. At point blank, the Mule no longer kills you which is how it should've always been. Tha game is a bit better in MP now, but still lacks more variety in game modes and getting rid of the stupid ghost bug~.

yes they need to get rid of the ghost bug

Message 11 of 26 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Oct 12, 2012
I wouldn't say the campaign was alwaful, no offense to anyone but unless you have started with Resistance fall of man and played through up to Burning skies, then I consider your experience invalid. I have in fact played every game except the PSP version and can say that Yes the Burning skies game was short, but gave another persons point on how other parts of the world would have reacted in the way as the story line played out. Sad to see the series die with Resistance 3 and Burning skies as the PlayStation 4 is among us. That's just my opinion and stand behind it. I didn't jump on the PlayStation wagon late in the game, I was there to watch it become the great system it is today since 2006 and anyone's point is their own but start from the beginning instead of jumping it on the end.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 12 of 26 (146 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1578 posts

Oct 12, 2012
Resistance Retribution was a fun game. i enjoyed it more then RBS.
http://uspgc.webs.com

#1XBOX #2 PSV #3 ps3 thumbs down. Shoo fly don't bother me!
AlbaTron209 EST.1985
Message 13 of 26 (136 Views)
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Oct 12, 2012
Resistance PSP is my next game to play and I hate play any series out of order. Its just with Resistance Burning skies , it was the Last Resistance game but it wasn't set in after Resistance 3, but in between 1 and 2. I hear the Resistance retribution game was better but RBS wasn't meant to make it a last standing title. Im just saying that with today's game system and I believe the pressure from Sony because the devs needed to finish CoD Vita that RBS didn't have much time before SONYs deadline. Sad to hear it ended like that but I think this and any other Resistance game afterwards will always be a complete downgrade from the real PS3 series. But I really liked it, I would never say it was awful but to me it was a good add on and it didn't cost $50 like CoD is going to cost. But again this is not an opinion from others, just my own as I have played through every Resistance game and understand how the story line played. Just like the crash and spyro series ended with the PS1. Yes their off shot games like crash team racing but no real Crash itself. It sucks when a good series dies from one console to the next.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 14 of 26 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Oct 12, 2012
I've played through all of the Resistance games, and Burning Skies campaign wasn't awful to play through. In hindsight, ya, it's actually really bad, but whatever.

While CoD might have had something to do with the overall quality of RBS, Burning Skies was one of the earliest games they had up and running on the NGP. It was actually a somewhat different story, but I don't believe for a second that deadlines factored into how bad the game turned out. They had plenty of time that they just squandered.

As for the update, I played a few matches...then went right back to LBP. Not making the mistake of changing games again until at least NFS or AC: Liberation.
Message 15 of 26 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Oct 12, 2012
Resistance: Retribution featured one of the best leads in the series, a lot of people overdo anti heroes to the point they are cheesy but Grayson was just a blast. The storytelling is superb and you can sympathize with his crusade, obsession and dilemmas. The same can't be said about BS where Riley is just a blank slate pretty much and the rest feels either forced or awkward~.

Overall, Retribution was better than BS by leaps and bounds. Then again, it was developed by Bend which is a most competent studio~.
Message 16 of 26 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4158 posts

Oct 12, 2012
The overall story of BS had a good direction, but character development was poor. I love English classes, and if this were a paper, I could pick it apart. My English 112 teacher from freshman year in college even played this game...he recognized it as decent, but many holes in the plot.
Message 17 of 26 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Oct 12, 2012
The setting for BS had a lot of potential. I mean, you are a goddamn firefighter, a civilian suddenly in the middle of an invasion. But right there starts the flaws, because 5 minutes into the plot Riley bumps into a Chimera who killed one of his comrades and all he says is "What the f...". Let's be honest, a firefighter wouldn't just **bleep** it, he'd show far more reaction than a mere oneliner before picking up his axe and killing the creature~.

But that's just me. I've very high standards~.

Different note, but I saw you in a couple of the matches I played Gamble_STARS. It was pretty cool to see forum names out of nowhere~.
Message 18 of 26 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4158 posts

Oct 12, 2012
that second game we played, you were destroying me. I might have to go back to using my trigger grip.
Message 19 of 26 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 12, 2012

In the spirit of honesty: the first game I thought I was still a Chimera and spent 3/4 of the match shooting my team mates (whom i thought were my enemies) and cussing that they messed up the patch and now I couldn't kill anyone~.

Man, did I feel like a **bleep** when I figured out my mistake~.

Message 20 of 26 (84 Views)
0 Likes