Oct 20 2013
By: mark_graulich First Son 4 posts

Request for Game to be Added to the Playstation Store

6 replies 159 views Edited Oct 20, 2013

Hi! I'm creating this topic to request that MLB Power Pros 2008 for the PS2 be added to the Playstation Store. I have the game for the PS2, but because my PS3 is not compatible with PS2 games, I don't want to have to switch out my PS2 and PS3 every time I want to play the game. Therefore, I am requesting that the game be available to either download or purchase or in any way, shape, or form, be accessible through the Playstation Store. If I could get a response back, either way, whether this is possible, or not, that would be great! Thanks!

Message 1 of 7 (159 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29426 posts

Re: Request for Game to be Added to the Playstation Store

Oct 20, 2013

They're not going to add a five year old baseball game to the Playstation Store.

Message 2 of 7 (156 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Oct 20, 2013

I kinda figured that, but when I called support to see whether I had missed it on the Playstation Store, the guy said to post something on the forums, and they might take it into account. Therefore, I posted a request for that game. It's a shame, because I really, REALLY enjoyed MLB Power Pros 2008, and would easily buy it (if necessary) from the Playstation Store just so I could play it on the PS3. I understand that it is 5 years old or so, but still, I'm hopeful.

Message 3 of 7 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Oct 20, 2013
I highly doubt it would ever be on the ps store because
1. It's a sport game
2. It's a specific year, 2008
3. They just won't dude.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 7 (122 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Oct 20, 2013

Why, though? All people have really told me is that they won't. I've seen some semi-recent to recent sports games on the Playstation Store. Maybe they can make it a special add-on? Like buy MLB 2k13 or the Show 13 or something else and get it free or for a reduced price? IDK, but I really want to be able to play it on the PS3.

Message 5 of 7 (105 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29426 posts

Oct 20, 2013

mark_graulich wrote:

Why, though? All people have really told me is that they won't. I've seen some semi-recent to recent sports games on the Playstation Store. Maybe they can make it a special add-on? Like buy MLB 2k13 or the Show 13 or something else and get it free or for a reduced price? IDK, but I really want to be able to play it on the PS3.

That's the difference. If there's a game like Madden 13 on there, it's because it was released as a "new" game, and it's still up, even though Madden 25 has been released. They aren't going to release Madden 07, and sell it for $5.99.

Games are a "perishable commodity", especially sports games, which have a severely reduced shelf life.

Message 6 of 7 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
605 posts

Oct 20, 2013
I'm surprised kingdom hearts 1.5 isn't on the ps store.
Message 7 of 7 (84 Views)
0 Likes