Jan 03 2013
By: DragonIrons Fender Bender 2671 posts

Remove the 15 second standby.... etc etc

11 replies 186 views Edited Jan 3, 2013

This thread is simply for Sony's benefit. I've been trying to post a suggestion on their blog thing but it will barely let me type anything. Not only can you only type 200 characters but it includes spaces in that so....  I put a link to this page on the blog post.

You need a firmware update that stops the Vita from going into standby after 15 seconds of turning it on while it's on the Start screen (the screen with the clock). It's redundant, and sometimes we want to leave that on, especially if we leave the vita in your charging stand. In fact once you start it up there's only two things you  would do.... go past the start screen into the Vita itself (where te ACTUAL Auto-Standby would work) or you'd want to leave that screen visible for one reason or another. Makes me wonder if whoever thought up that 15 second standby was actually thinking.... Also Bring the Wake-up App to the U.S.! . Also give us an option to turn off the actual Auto-Standby (in Power Save Settings).  If I'm playing in my room it's usually plugged into the wall...... there's no point in it constantly turning off to save batteries.

Message 1 of 12 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

Re: Remove the 15 second standby.... etc etc

[ Edited ]
Jan 3, 2013

well... like with most devices with internal batteries... unfortunately, if they are constantly being plugged in, the life of the battery drains faster when unplugged.  it's like a laptop or iphone... over time the battery can't keep the charge as long as it used to initially, so perhaps they were thinking about the longevity of the battery...

If, maybe, the battery could be replaced it might be a different story and that feature would be available.  Good idea though... Vita on a docking station would act as a clock in a room if the main start screen was able to be kept on. 

Message 2 of 12 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2671 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 3, 2013

the battery CAN be replaced, Ive already seen a web page (idk where) with steps on doing it.

Besides, I only said remove the REDUNDANT 15 second stanby from the lock screen.  The real standby would still be there in power save settings, i only said to add a off option. Like me I'll barely take this out of the house actually..... so most of the time playing it would be in the recliner plugged into the wall behind me. I get up to check my email for a few minutes or go to the bathroom or do whatever, everytime it goes into standby......  granted taking it OUT of standby isn't a huge deal, but it's just annoying. I want an off option lol.

Message 3 of 12 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

Jan 3, 2013

without voiding warranty*

Message 4 of 12 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2671 posts

Jan 3, 2013

Dude if the battery dies before the warranty runs out something's wrong.......  and you'd use your warranty to send it in lol..... If it dies AFTER the warranty runs out ...... what would be the problem in taking the back off? lol

Message 5 of 12 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

Jan 3, 2013

so do it man.  seriously.  nobody cares.

Message 6 of 12 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2671 posts

Jan 3, 2013

??? do what? My battery's fine......  I was responding to you (who obviously cared enough to post).

Message 7 of 12 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

Jan 3, 2013

look man, i cared enough because i thought it was a good idea.  all i said was my opinion as to probably why sony chose that direction. yes, we all know that once the warranty is out that people can do whatever, so i say sure, go for it once your warranty expires.  no big deal. 

Message 8 of 12 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2671 posts

Jan 3, 2013

I thought you meant do it now..... i couldn't figure out what in the hell you were talking about lol. And that other half was kinda rude. Sounded like you were saying no one cares what I think.

Message 9 of 12 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

Jan 3, 2013

miscommunication my friend..lol  happens a lot with typing unfortunately.  didn't mean to be rude...

Message 10 of 12 (120 Views)
0 Likes