I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Re: Bioshock Infinite Digital PSN Store Question

Mar 27, 2013

willthisnamework wrote:

who do i complain to about this? i purchased infinite as a digital download thinking bioshock 1 would be included with the purchase, now i'm reading that it was preorder only? that's **bleep** **bleep**! why would bioshock 1 be a preorder only on digital if it's supposed to be included with infinite for ps3 north america users?

I agree, if it's included with the retail copy it should also be included with the digital one. It's only fair.

Message 11 of 21 (387 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Mar 27, 2013
I want to try this game out. It looks awesome!
Message 12 of 21 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 27, 2013

I just contacted playstation support and they told me more than likely NO that bioshock 1 is not included with the download of bioshock infinite. That you need to contact the game maker to see.

Message 13 of 21 (367 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7613 posts

Re:

[ Edited ]
Apr 30, 2015

Message 14 of 21 (229 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Mar 27, 2013

I recommend buying the physical copy since you get a free Bioshock 1 and it saves space on your hard drive.

Message 15 of 21 (225 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13655 posts

Mar 27, 2013

This game I bought off Steam. Got Bioshock 1, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, some TF2 stuff, and some DLC stuff?

Usually I don't buy games for PC if the PS3 has it but the bonuses on Steam were just too good to pass up.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 16 of 21 (224 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Mar 30, 2013

WOW you are KIDDING ME right so because i didnt pre order I dont get bioshock 1 for free?

About 4 hours ago today I went ahead and read this blog on this same site and someone replied to a similar post saying not only would i get bioshock 1 free but also a cool theme for free.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/03/26/bioshock-infinite-is-out-today-on-ps3/

So I went ahead and purchased the digital bundle with the season pass included putting me in at 80 bucks thinking I would go ahead and do it so that I could digitally own bioshock 1 2 and 3 but since i didnt pre order now i have to pay for bioshock 1? Your kidding me please say so.

That put me at 210$ spent on PSN from february 26 to march 30th and I did it so i could get into the 3rd and 4th 10$ bonus BUT i would NOT have done it if i didnt know bioshock 1 was ONLY FOR PRE ORDERS the commercial didnt say that it was ONLY for pre orders digitally and retail purchases it simply said Purchase Bioshock infinite and get bioshock free! And noone had better dare say well use my free 10$ x4 to buy bioshock because the free bioshock was the reason that pushed me into buying this game, and NOW i cant afford to buy my collectors edition dead island riptide I am so angry at this they need to be more clear seriously a lot of people got screwed on this now.

Message 17 of 21 (173 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Mar 30, 2013

jamesyboi84 wrote:

WOW you are KIDDING ME right so because i didnt pre order I dont get bioshock 1 for free?

About 4 hours ago today I went ahead and read this blog on this same site and someone replied to a similar post saying not only would i get bioshock 1 free but also a cool theme for free.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/03/26/bioshock-infinite-is-out-today-on-ps3/

So I went ahead and purchased the digital bundle with the season pass included putting me in at 80 bucks thinking I would go ahead and do it so that I could digitally own bioshock 1 2 and 3 but since i didnt pre order now i have to pay for bioshock 1? Your kidding me please say so.

That put me at 210$ spent on PSN from february 26 to march 30th and I did it so i could get into the 3rd and 4th 10$ bonus BUT i would NOT have done it if i didnt know bioshock 1 was ONLY FOR PRE ORDERS the commercial didnt say that it was ONLY for pre orders digitally and retail purchases it simply said Purchase Bioshock infinite and get bioshock free! And noone had better dare say well use my free 10$ x4 to buy bioshock because the free bioshock was the reason that pushed me into buying this game, and NOW i cant afford to buy my collectors edition dead island riptide I am so angry at this they need to be more clear seriously a lot of people got screwed on this now.

Yup only PSN was offering Bioshock 1 for preorders only, but all retail copies recieve Bioshock 1 for free. It's included on the disk.

Message 18 of 21 (170 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Mar 30, 2013

which is clear too me and I realize that's life thats the way the cookie crumbles u gotta read the fine print etc etc.

But correct me if i am wrong, and tell me that the commercial i saw on tv JUST TODAY said "buy bioshock 3 and get bioshock free"

and it didnt say "pre order On the playstation network and get bioshock free or go buy the RETAIL copy"

I will get over it but like i said just to confirm and check I read the blog posting here and saw someone say YES i would get it for buying digitally. they didnt menion the pre order nonsense

Message 19 of 21 (168 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Mar 30, 2013

Unfortunately the commercial only implies the retail version gets the freebie. It says nothing about PSN. On the PSN Blog that's where it was stated that it was pre order only. Hey bud  I agree that its not fair, that's why I went out to buy the retail copy instead of buying it off of the online store. On Steam, not only did you get Bioshock 1 for free but they also threw in a couple of other games as well. Who knows maybe Sony will rectify the situation since a lot of people were **bleep** on the Blog's update comments.

Message 20 of 21 (164 Views)
0 Likes