Jun 3, 2015

Message 11 of 39 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Re: What The Playstation Vita Needs To Be A Success

Oct 6, 2012

Great games, that's all.

Ps1 won the genneration because ff7 (and 8, 9), Ps2 kicked xbox & GC's assess because FF10, GOW, KH...

So, all Psv needs now is a killer game, like MH4, but unfortunately, that treasure goes to Nin's 3ds with one more needed fking analog if you want to play it properly.

So, just wait a little longer.

Message 12 of 39 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Oct 6, 2012

How About Everquest "?" online MORPG. Not MMOROG. This game would require an online connection at all times. This would work better on PS3 i know but... Its a single player game that only lets you connect to others while in certain villages or towns. We could join in groups of 4-8 for outside of the outposts. It may be possable, that in game these cannot be visited without a preinternet connection before entering the area. Otherwise its just NPC(non-player characters). Being able to turn a single player game into a multi co-op game without adding or changing much should make for a good console title, even for a portable. I would like to see atleast someone push requirements on a console. Hell make a game that is Keyboard and mouse only on PS3. Sure it wont sell the best, but it would be a new type of gaming for a console. How about requiring 17Gb of HDD space for a MMO that is for the 17+ audience.

Message 13 of 39 (208 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13733 posts

Oct 6, 2012
Why make an mo for PS3 with only keyboard and mouse? Not only does this make no sense (not everyone has keyboard and mouse for PS3) but whoever makes it would be better off making it on PC where you can put higher graphical detail.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 14 of 39 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Oct 6, 2012

glaciusx25 wrote:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/178849/Stigma_around_PS_Vita_could_be_driving_away_devs.php#.UG-h...

Sums it up.

Yeah that's probably the biggest reason. I wonder what Sony could even do to change this perception though? They are obviously funding some developers that want their game on Vita, but the biggest challenge would be to shift the gamer's perception that Vita is going to fail. Their biggest mistake may have been in pretending the Vita didn't exist at this year's E3.

Maybe Sony needs to take a more down to earth advertising approach? Market the Vita as what it is, a fantastic gaming device, that just isn't being recognized yet. "Buy a Vita now, and then you can say you liked it before it was cool." Poke a little bit of fun at it, as scary as that sounds. Or maybe take a shot at mobile gaming: "Getting bored of dollar-store mobile games? Maybe it's time to go boutique."

They could give away some cool perks to early adopters like early access to betas/demos of high profile games or major update releases. Make other gamers envious of the special treatment we receive.

I dunno, I really hope the Vita succeeds, but so far Sony hasn't really been making the right decisions.

Message 15 of 39 (191 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13733 posts

Oct 6, 2012
Well, early access to betas and such would be PS+ benefits. If they gave it to all Vita users, that devalues plus on vita
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 16 of 39 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Oct 7, 2012
Actually I change it.

Price Drop
Games
Apps

Only three things the Vita needs. It will happen just not anytime soon.
Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 17 of 39 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2036 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 7, 2012

I think it just needs more games, and a drop in memory card price.  Right now Sony has a monopoly on them.  I understand why they did it (to prevent hacking and what not) but at the same time, the price is outragous.  

Message 18 of 39 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
161 posts

Oct 7, 2012

The Vita already has a great back catalog of growing PS1/PSP/PSPMini games coming out weekly, apps are not as quick to be brought, but lets just remember that most if not all of us spent $250 - $300 plus tax to play high quality or old games on it, so apps alone don't take that much of a priority here.

Not when smart phones are the leading app successor.

New Vita games: Now this is what got on our nerves from the beginning. Most of what's released is not what meets our demands weather its minor or absurd. Developers are already focusing on the constant success of the iOS Store or Google play, due to the intense investment returns on $.99 applications or games for the casual crowd, claiming that the handheld market can't get any greater then this, putting aside the hardcore(Sony/Vita) or casual mainstream(Nintendo/3DS) for what its worth in the end. We all know that the slow demise of the handheld gaming market is coming to an end due to the success of Smartphone gaming. (Or Atlest that's what I keep thinking)

Moving back on topic, new Vita games are far and few up until the holidays, if ya'll have noticed, there is an increased amount of releases this month in October. Weather it be good or bad releases, we can say the problem of new titles coming out slowly is being acknowledged. So its not much to worry about now.

Playstation Mobile is also being inputed into the Store for people to spend less but a few bucks for something minor but functional experiences for the public. Now most of you have been thinking Gameloft or other popular mobile gaming companies can take advantage of this new catagory of input to make small games like N.O.V.A 3 or Modern Combat 4(Coming Soon). But lets not hold our breath for too long.

Playstation Mobile is and will always be the new PS Mini market of the future. How mini these games will be is not something I know.

Message 19 of 39 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

Oct 7, 2012
I know for me, the biggest killer is the fact that the apps should be third party. If they would make it like the android market, it would be alot better. My other complaint is stop porting psone games, and lets get some more vita games. I dont spend almost $300 for new tech to play out dated games. While were at it why is there no playstation plus benefits for the ps store on my vita. Hook us up a little.

I had a better sig, but a tree huggin, carebear, changed it! (I got censored)
PS3 again
EVE
Message 20 of 39 (112 Views)
0 Likes