Jan 25 2013
By: BShornock Lombax Warrior 252 posts

Remote Play

6 replies 147 views Edited Jan 25, 2013

We understand that games need to be patched in order to run via Remote Play, why can't more game companies take the approach of Littlebigplanet 2, and charge you to use remote play, cross controller etc?

And how about all those PS2 classics that are getting ported to the PS3, or better yet, if you have a CECHA01 PS3, and can play Playstation 2 games off the disc?

I personally would KILL to be able to play Final Fantasy XI, Dragon Quest VIII, Final Fantasy 12 via remote play.    Hell, if Sony is all about making money, why don't they just charge the dev fees of $100/year and open remote play to those willing to pay for the service.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Please Subscribe to my Youtube page!
https://www.youtube.com/user/HollywoodShono?feature=mhee
Message 1 of 7 (147 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13655 posts

Re: Remote Play

Jan 25, 2013

This topic again?

Considering how the whole remote play situation has been going, I doubt we'll see any form of it coming into play.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 7 (141 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Sony, help us understand the true reason why you can't just enable remote play by default for all games on the PS3. I look at the PSP situation and realize the compatibility with controls would be an issue but now we have the Vita and with firmware overrides on controls, you can map L2 and R2 to sliding or touching on the back of the Vita.

Without an explanation, your fans/customers are left in the dark so much so that they can only speculate - as I am now.

I would speculate even that some political BS is causing Remote Play from happening because these developers want more money for whatever games they may (or may not ever) release on the Vita as ports from the PS3 at some point. Well guess what. That's not going to happen apparently because we're not seeing full iterations of these 3rd party IPs. Only a couple have come but they have connectivity issues, lack in size, and just aren't enough. Of course, I cannot complain about LittleBigPlanet Vita except for the fact that it seems I can never get anyone to join or join my game to get the 2x puzzles for item completion.

This feature is there, it's obviously capable, and it runs beautifully with the current few games that are compatible. I'm getting very **bleep** about this because I'm not only getting these 3rd party IPs I like but I'm also not able to use the feature that should be available to me that would allow me to play my purchased PS3 games on the go or while my wife watches TV on our big screen.

Please please please, don't make me turn against you, Sony. I will if things keep heading in the negative direction - just like I did Nintendo when I realized they wouldn't conform to the needs of us graphic **bleep**.

That's my stance and I'm sticking to it! Someone please give me an Amen!

Message 3 of 7 (128 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13655 posts

Jan 25, 2013

No one's gonna give you an Amen (except trolls, perhaps)

And if you turn on Sony, and you already turned on Nintendo, that means you're gonna what, go with Microsoft? They don't even have a gaming handheld.

I love how people always threaten to abandon Sony or something, but considering you own a Vita, PS3, and games for both, switching systems would result in a massive loss of money.

So unless you're just some rich guy who doesn't care about money (which if you were, you would already have an Xbox 360 and other things), I don't think you're even serious.

And furthermore, I don't think Sony cares if you leave.

Message 4 of 7 (123 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1006 posts

Jan 25, 2013
Since Sony purchased the streaming company Gaikai I believe their name is, I am guessing they will use it to offer previous generation games on the PlayStation 4.
PSNProfiles.com - InfinityDevil
Message 5 of 7 (122 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jan 25, 2013

And I expected someone like you (Fender Bender) to reply like that. Instead of being intelligent and replying with anything useful, you just bash my post. That's fine though if it makes you feel better.

You are apparently a fanboy and that's fine too. I don't care. I'm a gamer, simply put. The ONLY system I don't own is a 360 and that's literally only because the RRoD from the get go. Now, I don't see a point in buying in even if the RRoD has been fixed.

Also, I'm not rich actually. Games is where our money goes (my wife and myself). I've always been a techie and a gamer so when Remote Play come to fruition, I was excited and now I'm let down. That's all.

Finally, I agree with you entirely that Sony doesn't care if I leave. I truly believe they don't. But that won't drive whether I like them or not. I know that I myself removing myself as a fan of their systems won't even be noticed. I don't care either. But that's what message boards like this are for; the expression of ones thoughts, concerns, likes, and dislikes in a place where others can do the same.
Thanks though, Fender Bender. You have done your part to make this place that much better. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7 (111 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13655 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Because "Cannon Fodder" is so much better. I don't see the point in listing that anyway, it's just a representation of the # of posts you make here.

If you didn't know, I'm not a fanboy. I play my 3DS 10x more than my Vita, and haven't bought a Vita game since Black Ops Declassified.

I'm just pointing out the futility of posting your concerns and complaints on a community forum.

And if you were smart enough to begin with, you would've researched the Vita before it was released, realized that the Remote Play functionality shown during its initial reveal wasn't actually happening, and then wouldn't be disappointed that the product you purchase didn't do what you thought it did. It's called overhyping a product.

Message 7 of 7 (107 Views)
0 Likes