MVP Support
13533 posts

Re: Remote Play

Nov 29, 2011

AMATTE100 wrote:

i really love to see this even thought i only seen killzone 3 play on the vita i would love to bring my ps3 games on the go with remote play

to answer the what about L2,R2,L3,R3

apparently the back touch pad is gonna be split into 2 so one side is L2 other side is R2

and the L3 and R3 might be buttons right in the analouge stick

i would love to have 3G on this but it just cost so much due to data rates ... unless you aleady have an unlimited plan

It has already been confirmed that the analog sticks do not click in and therefore there is no L3/R3.

And I don't think tethering will work too well, but that's just me. If you have an unlimited plan, then you have a phone that can already do anything you were going to do with the Vita over 3G

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 11 of 22 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Nov 29, 2011

@glaciusx25 you could use the touch screen on the front of the system for L3 and R3 since it is multi touch after all.

Just like on the back of the system you could use the back touch screen for L2 and R2 since it is also multi touch.

also since I  do not own a ps3 how often do you even use L3 and R3 ?  I know the playstation and playstation 2 did not really use L3 and R3 it was there just did not really do anything. I think there was a few games that used it but it was not necessary to use it at all.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 12 of 22 (4 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13533 posts

Nov 29, 2011

Well I was just pointing out how it doesn't exist as a physical button, I didn't say it was impossible to make.

For any FPS game, L3 is Sprint. Touching the front screen would be a pain to sprint lol.

Many third person games have L3 be a "center camera" button.

R3 in some games is also zoom/aim.

Those are the three most common uses for those buttons, with Sprint being the most important.

Message 13 of 22 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Nov 29, 2011

There are quite a bit, in example, in racing games, in almost all FPS/TPS, in top down view games, etc. So there are quite a bit that do use L3/R3.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 14 of 22 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Nov 29, 2011

well I guess I missed all the L3 and R3 action heh. well Im a handheld gamer now so I will be all good with my ps vita. just like I became with my psp , since my psp made me into a handheld gamer heh. (sure I play some games on my pc but not much. I also do not have as much fun as I do on my handheld.)

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 15 of 22 (4 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13533 posts

Nov 29, 2011

I am the opposite, I used to be that way though, playing more handheld than console/PC. But since so many good console/PC games just came out (And i just bought like, 4 games for $20), I've been busy with those instead of my PSP or 3DS (Although Mario Kart 7 will change that)

Message 16 of 22 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Nov 29, 2011

@glaciusx25 well for me it is more to it then that. like I do not like being stuck in one room or stuck anywhere to play one game. I like to feel like if I choose to I can go anywhere with it. anywhere in my house or whatever. also for whatever reason I do not like home console games anymore. I even tryed to get my self to buy a home console and find games. I was not interested at all. went to the handheld section and I became exicted and wanted to play them.

I also tryed the same test with the 3DS but eh  did not really interest me at all even tryed Zelda OOT. since I like to look everywhere the 3D would go in and out, it really bugged me. to me also having a 3DS but turning off the 3D just does not feel right if i got it I would buy it for all of the features to me 3D is a main feature if your not using it why have it but this is just how I feel also has none of the games Im interested. so yeah ps vita is going to be the way Im going to go.

I do not hate anyone who plays other systems they play what they like and I play what I like we both play games so really what system it is on really does not matter.

yeah remote play is a good idea for the people who are into it and I do think if this update is true it would be good for ps vita.

Message 17 of 22 (4 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13533 posts

Nov 29, 2011

Incagneto wrote:

@glaciusx25 well for me it is more to it then that. like I do not like being stuck in one room or stuck anywhere to play one game. I like to feel like if I choose to I can go anywhere with it. anywhere in my house or whatever. also for whatever reason I do not like home console games anymore. I even tryed to get my self to buy a home console and find games. I was not interested at all. went to the handheld section and I became exicted and wanted to play them.

I also tryed the same test with the 3DS but eh  did not really interest me at all even tryed Zelda OOT. since I like to look everywhere the 3D would go in and out, it really bugged me. to me also having a 3DS but turning off the 3D just does not feel right if i got it I would buy it for all of the features to me 3D is a main feature if your not using it why have it but this is just how I feel also has none of the games Im interested. so yeah ps vita is going to be the way Im going to go.

I do not hate anyone who plays other systems they play what they like and I play what I like we both play games so really what system it is on really does not matter.

yeah remote play is a good idea for the people who are into it and I do think if this update is true it would be good for ps vita.

And that is the mistake people have about the 3DS. 3D is a huge feature, yes, but it is not required to enjoy the actual games. It's not a "DS with 3D capabilities", it's a complete hardware upgrade, like Gameboy to gameboy advance.

All we know is that SOME PS3 games will be playable. Whether or not they will run well or not is yet to be seen, nor is the games to be supported, or if it will work over 3G consistently.

Message 18 of 22 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Nov 29, 2011

@glaciusx25 well for me it is. let me put it this way if we renamed the ps vita into ps graphics and you can turn the graphics off sure it is not needed sure you can play with out it sure it is a big upgrade besides that then the psp. does it feel to me that its taking out a main feature yes it does.  I use that as a example because atm sony is saying how nice and how good it looks graphically. as the 3DS is all talks about from nintendo how sweet that 3D is.

the main diffrence though from the 3DS dispite how much better it is over all the only thing that really changed is it having 3D and a analog nub.just as for the ps vita the main diffrence is how it has 2 analog sticks, and it has a touch screen on the front ,and back.

Message 19 of 22 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Nov 29, 2011

Incagneto wrote:

@glaciusx25 you could use the touch screen on the front of the system for L3 and R3 since it is multi touch after all.

Just like on the back of the system you could use the back touch screen for L2 and R2 since it is also multi touch.

You could also map the L3/R3 buttons to the back touch and have four areas available for the four buttons.

Message 20 of 22 (4 Views)
0 Likes