Highlighted
Nov 24 2011
By: remanutd5 Treasure Hunter 7408 posts

Remote Play

21 replies 50 views Edited Nov 24, 2011

so now that sony have said that the ps3 will be getting a firmware update to allow all ps3 games to be played on the vita through remote play i was wondering if we could use 3G or just wifi ? if we can use 3G to use remote play and dont lag that much i think i will try 3G for a month and see how it works

Message 1 of 22 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Re: Remote Play

Nov 24, 2011

I don't think there would be a problem when connecting with the 3G. Maybe after you're connected, but we'll have to see.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 2 of 22 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
332 posts

Nov 25, 2011

WAIT! ALL games on PS3 will be able to be played on Vita? Yes. YES! If this is correct, you are my hero good sir. All this time, I've been hoping for just this. My only question- what about the L2/R2/L3/R3 buttons? Will these be automatically relegated to the touchpads? Or will Remote Play only work with some PS3 games?

Message 3 of 22 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Nov 25, 2011

no only the developer will be able to make the decision if that game will be romote play. and the ones that are use the top and bottom corners of the touch pads for L2/R2/L3/R3.( and even use the gyro(when you crouch you make a quick motion forward)).

Message 4 of 22 (50 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 26, 2011

I hope that this is true. I would love to be able to have my back catalogue of PS3 games to play!!

I wouldn't think that it would work via 3G as it needs a very fast connection to cope with all the data being streamed, especially as it will have to be 100% or just as close Real time.

Message 5 of 22 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Nov 27, 2011

SC7639 wrote:

I hope that this is true. I would love to be able to have my back catalogue of PS3 games to play!!

I wouldn't think that it would work via 3G as it needs a very fast connection to cope with all the data being streamed, especially as it will have to be 100% or just as close Real time.

The dat that is being streamed is a video and audio stream with control responses being sent back to the PS3. On 3G it should work but do not expect to play any realtime multiplayer games on either 3G or wifi due to the lag. The PS3 will have to encode its video and audio output into a compressed format to stream over the internet and then the response would have to be sent back.

Message 6 of 22 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
332 posts

Nov 29, 2011

Well, with all this in mind, what games would you want to see get an update for remote play? I'm guessing that Sony's gonna try their d**ned-est to allow for streaming of the major first party games (we've already seen Killzone 3) like Uncharted, inFamous, God of War, etc. I'm also guessing that they'll probably try to get some of the third party titles supporting remote play too. Personally, I'd love a U3 update for SP streaming, even if all I could do was watch the story cutscenes (I absolutely love Uncharted). inFamous. Resistance would make sense after the whole R:R/R2 SPSP-PS3 connectivity. Wouldn't Journey work fairly well with Remote Play? I mean, almost anything.

But, I'm really hoping for some updates to older games. I know that developers like to move on, and going back to try and work this in isn't high on their list of priorities, but updates to From Dust and Dead Nation? Yes, please. Maybe we'll just get Dead Nation 2 instead......I really like Dead Nation, sorry.

BUT- THE ULTIMATE QUESTION: How well will it run? I had skipping issues with my PSP, and that was over wi-fi about 30 feet from my PS3. If the only way to get nice performance out of Remote Play is by 3G, I'll be extremely disappointed.

Message 7 of 22 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Nov 29, 2011

I really hope Dead Nation gets an update so we can play it on the go. It always felt like Dead Nation was a handheld game.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 8 of 22 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7408 posts

Nov 29, 2011

Motorstorm Apocalypse , Resistance 3 , God of War series , inFAMOUS 2 , Heavy Rain

Message 9 of 22 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Nov 29, 2011

i really love to see this even thought i only seen killzone 3 play on the vita i would love to bring my ps3 games on the go with remote play

to answer the what about L2,R2,L3,R3

apparently the back touch pad is gonna be split into 2 so one side is L2 other side is R2

and the L3 and R3 might be buttons right in the analouge stick

i would love to have 3G on this but it just cost so much due to data rates ... unless you aleady have an unlimited plan

Message 10 of 22 (50 Views)
0 Likes