Nov 21 2013
By: JSAINT2588 First Son 7 posts
  • Find more conversations like this:
  • Other

Remote Play over Internet - Apple Airport Extreme - Post your solutions please

[ Edited ]
26 replies 5243 views Edited Mar 20, 2014

Ok so I have been reading that almost every single person that has an apple airport extreme router cannot get their remote play over the internet to work. I created this thread for anyone who comes across it to provide their solution to this matter (im really hoping there is a solution).

These are my following settings:

Reserved my DCHP

Set up static IP on PS4

Opened ports 9295-9304 (both TCP and UDP)

Auto PSN sign in

Both PS4 and VIta are activated

Standby mode options are selected ( allow internet connection etc.)

Remote Play is selected

I have also removed all USB devices connected to the system just because I heard I should..

When remotely connecting the Vita, my PS4 turns on to the "Press PS Button", but nothing more.

It kind of makes me think that not all ports are fully open or that there may be other ports that need to be opened as well.

Please post EXACTLY how you come to this solution before i throw my head through this screen in frustration.

Mod Edit: Updated title to be as descriptive as possible and added Other label. Check here for more information. Thanks! - TheTwistedCanuck

Message 1 of 27 (5,243 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Re: Remote Play over Internet - Apple Airport Extreme help***** Post your solutions please

Nov 21, 2013

BUMP.... also wanna mention i have both airport extreme and airport express (express is in bridge mode and ps4 connected with ethernet to extreme.

Message 2 of 27 (5,220 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Re: Remote Play over Internet - Apple Airport Extreme help***** Post your solutions please

Nov 21, 2013

i dont know if its the airport extreme... I've got a Airport Time Capsule (same thing as the extreme but with a hard drive in as well) and i have absolutely no issue with remote play on my vita 

Message 3 of 27 (5,217 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Nov 21, 2013

Great  thats all i needed to hear because I was under assumption that no one with Apple Airport routers could connect via internet. 

Message 4 of 27 (5,209 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Nov 21, 2013

Exactly, i tried both wired connection through the airport, and wireless connection. Both worked flawlessly, no setup required

Message 5 of 27 (5,182 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Nov 21, 2013

And youve tried accessing your ps4 through an outside wifi network as well? Mine works perfect when Im at my house but when im at a friends house it will only turn on my ps4 at the start up screen but wont show anything on my vita .

Message 6 of 27 (5,173 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Nov 21, 2013

BUMPP

Message 7 of 27 (5,156 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 22, 2013

do you have good quality connection ? I've got a pretty good internet connection 30mb/s, and when im too far from my router it just doesnt work.

so i cant even imagine if youre trying a wireless connection through someone elses wifi. 

try plugging in the ps4 to the extreme, and then connect to it via wifi (thats what sony suggests)

Message 8 of 27 (5,143 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Nov 22, 2013

Same problem with Airport Extreme 4th gen

If i'm on WIFI it works NP

If i'm on my 3g or another WIFI like at my parents, it doesn'T work  but when i was on my 3g i saw something like the PS4 opened when i asked remote play but the vita said could not find the PS4

Message 9 of 27 (5,112 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 24, 2013

I had the same setup as you. I tried everything. I'm sorry to report the solution was to replace it with a Netgear Nighthawk router. After that simple change it worked perfectly.

Message 10 of 27 (5,070 Views)
0 Likes