Splicer
50 posts

Re: Remote Play, This is my issue?

Mar 3, 2012

I'm having the same problem.  Remote play works fine via private network (and even via internet provided I'm at home, on my private network) but the 2 other places I've tried to use remote play it won't connect,  even tho I have really good signal strength.

In responce to the router thing the places I've tried before both are different routers so changing the router shouldn't have an effect but I don't really know.

I have also tried the suggested fixes that sony states in the online user manuals (PS3 & Vita) but no luck there either.  If someone could give a fix that would be great.  Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 18 (30 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Mar 3, 2012

At home it works for me havent tried it outside but I agree its useless and pointless if the games you have you cant play them. Sony if you read these posts please fix this make an update or patch. It would be pretty cool to play AC on the vita

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 18 (30 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Mar 3, 2012

remote play works for me, at home and at large via wifi.  havent had a problem yet with it.  but sadly,  remote play wont play ps3 games yet unless you hack the firmware like i saw people doing on youtube.  i do not understand why sony doesnt have this ready for us at launch.  they said it was a big feature of the psvita.  i know it can be done and it is not a game developer issue, as ive saw at least 10 games on youtube running ps3 games on the vita.  i saw assassins creed revelations, gta4, modern warfare 4, darksiders, uncharted 2, and a few others.  as of right now, i can play via remote play, psp games, ps1 games, and some ps3 psn games.  this sucks as i wanted to play my ps3 games, and that was a huge reason i bought the vita in the first place.  we shouldnt have to hack firmware to get remote play ps3 games when supposedly it was a big feature for the psvita.  sony has to learn their lesson or people will continue to hack to get what is promised.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 18 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Mar 4, 2012

I mostly agree, playing my PS3 games via remote play would be pretty awesome but for the mean time I would just like to get my remote play to work outside my private network so I can play, at least the small # of games that do support remote play, somewhere else; like if on a trip or waiting for class.

so still no thoughts on why it doesn't want to work or a fix?

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 18 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Mar 21, 2012

Here is a follow up. I have changed routers, indeed I even changed service providers but that is unrelated. The PS3 still won't remote start.

My system will remote play from other locations provided I put it into remote play mode before I leave the house. I have been able to narrow it down to remote start, my system simply won't remote start from any locations outside my home network. I do have remote start set up properly, I opened the correct ports, and I have even tried having my PS3 as a DMZ area. My ps3 simply won't remote start.

Has anyone been able to repair this issue?

(Edit: as a side note, I understand people are upset about what games you can and can't play on remote play, but this thread is not about that. I would really like it to stay on track, in the hopes that we can find a solution to the remote play/remote start issue. Thank you!)

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 18 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

Apr 7, 2012

This is still a joke can't remote play after hours of tinkering this should not be so complicated its bull shit that Sony would make this so hard they need to give you step by step instructions that works with the top five ip routers.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 18 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Apr 8, 2012

cannot wait till sony officially launches its remote play app

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 18 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
154 posts

Apr 8, 2012

does your ps3 have to take any specific action to sign into the network to get online? ie... pppoe or agree to any sort of terms?

where I live, I have to sign into a server before i can even connect online, so the remote play feature wont work for me.

'til then

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 18 (30 Views)
0 Likes