Sackboy
538 posts

Re: Remote Play Features & Support List ?

Mar 4, 2012

Exactly. People believe what they want to believe because that's what they want even if it's wrong.

Message 31 of 44 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
605 posts

Mar 4, 2012

CaptainHuggyface wrote:

DeathWhitch wrote:

Bottom line

remote playing of next games (fps and multilplayer heavy games) IS possible and has been for awhile

ONLIVE is entire gaming service that plays next gen games like Batman: AC and street fighter 4, streaming ONLY. You do not download the games you play and you even play online with them same as on your console. Lag is minimal and the service works great even on a mobile device (IE my android phone) Any doubters should head over to onlive.com and try some free demos.

This app proves that streaming high quality games IS very possible, all thats left is for sony to impliment this function at a playable level with its exsisting PS3 hardware. Plain and simple if my phone can remote play street fighter 4 online then there is NO REASON the vita and ps3 cant do the same. PERIOD

Onlive is one host server running the game with many clients. However with PS3 and PSVita 'remote play' multiplayer you have 1 Host server, multiple PS3 clients (lag will depend on each persons ISP), and then you introduce streaming to the PSVita over the internet (lag again depending on infrastructure). This is how it differs two points of introduced lag, especially when your connection to the host server is also your connection to your PSvita.

Sony have implemented 'remote play' at the firmawre level it is upto the game developers whether they want their products to use it, if they think their games will look bad using it I doubt it will happen. Don't petition Sony, talk to your favorite game developers.

Onlive still depends on each persons ISP and then each persons device  using to connect to it, so no there is little to no difference in exactly how it would work. I know it is in the end up to the dev rather or not it is supported. All I was saying is any excuse as to why it "isnt possible" or "won't work" is a load of crap and anyone who believes that it cant be done is a moron. There is no difference in how Onlive works and how remote play works. Onlive IS remote play, they made it work and so can vita, and any other excuse that says otherwise is just that, an excuse

Twitch Channel
Message 32 of 44 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Mar 4, 2012

DeathWhitch wrote:

Onlive still depends on each persons ISP and then each persons device  using to connect to it, so no there is little to no difference in exactly how it would work. I know it is in the end up to the dev rather or not it is supported. All I was saying is any excuse as to why it "isnt possible" or "won't work" is a load of crap and anyone who believes that it cant be done is a moron. There is no difference in how Onlive works and how remote play works. Onlive IS remote play, they made it work and so can vita, and any other excuse that says otherwise is just that, an excuse

The point I was trying to make is that you cannot compare onlive to a Server>PS3>PSVita setup, it is more comaprable to a Server>PS3 setup in that it is a Server>PC model itself. There is one extra leg in the path, plus the NIC on the PS3 is being used for the Server communication and the PSVita communication, lowering the payload on that data path for each "conversation".

Yes I agree it can work, but I question why would you want it to work with multiplayer games with those limitations? It would be difficult to play and everyone would complain about the lag.

Message 33 of 44 (11 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 9, 2012

It might not make sense to a lot of people but I would be very happy with the ablity to use remote play, of ps3 disk games,  only in my house on a private network.  I could be sitting with my wife or kids with them using the tv for a movie or show, playing a ps3 game on my vita.  Now I am in a seperate room.  I would prefer us all be together.

I would still like to be able to play a ps3 game like skyrim, or ffxiii-2..something that lag isnt going to matter much when I am on a business trip.  But if all they could give me was local play on a private network I would take it.  

Message 34 of 44 (11 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Mar 9, 2012

All I know is that right now, I can turn on my VITA, go to the PSN store, and download a Sony-made Promo video that explicitely says I can play PS3 games on my VITA. It shows KZ3 footage and the KZ3 title logo. This is not "proof of concept" trade show footage, nor is it grainy YouTube video from some hacker's basement. It is a commercial quality, promotional video. It was clearly made with the intent to show off the VITA's features to entice people to buy it.

You can say whatever you want about that being "specially" made, etc. But ANYONE with any common sense would watch that promo and come away assuming they could go buy a VITA and remote play KZ3 on it. End of story.

Sony cannot remain quiet on this.

Message 35 of 44 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2533 posts

Mar 9, 2012

Sony remains quiet on everything, especially the hiccups (be it promised features or hacked PSN service...) Just my 2¢.

vito72 wrote:

All I know is that right now, I can turn on my VITA, go to the PSN store, and download a Sony-made Promo video that explicitely says I can play PS3 games on my VITA. It shows KZ3 footage and the KZ3 title logo. This is not "proof of concept" trade show footage, nor is it grainy YouTube video from some hacker's basement. It is a commercial quality, promotional video. It was clearly made with the intent to show off the VITA's features to entice people to buy it.

You can say whatever you want about that being "specially" made, etc. But ANYONE with any common sense would watch that promo and come away assuming they could go buy a VITA and remote play KZ3 on it. End of story.

Message 36 of 44 (11 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Mar 9, 2012

You're absolutely right. As much as I love Sony and their products (VITA included, even without remote play), this frustrates me to no end. I just don't get it.

I can't believe there is no voice of reason inside Sony that can stand up and say, "hey guys, maybe we should make an announcement about the feature we touted but have yet to implement!"

Message 37 of 44 (11 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 30, 2012

Today I Bought A $300 Game System AND A $40 GAME BASED On Sonys Videos Of Vita In ActiOn On Their Own Site , It SHowEd CroSS PlaY And Remote Play .  THAN I WENT BACK And BOUGHT SOME STUPID MEMORY CARD FOR ANOTHER $70, WHAT DID I GET FOR $410 ? NOT A GOD ---- THING CAUSE CROSS PLAY WONT WORK UNLESS I BUY THE SAME GAME TWICE AND REMOTE PLAY DOESNT WORK AT ALL!! I THOUGHT I WAS BUYING THE LATEST AND COOLIST GAME TECH , INSTEAD I SPENT $410 TO PLAY THE SHOW 2012 ON A 4 INCH SCREEN !! AS A DEVELOPER I CAN UNDERSTAND LIMITATIONS , BUT THIS IS A JOKE I WAS CLEARLY SOLD SOMETHING DIFFERENT THAN WHAT  I WAS SHOWN , I WAS RIPPED OFF WORSE THAN BUYING A USED CAR FROM A CROOKED DEALER

Message 38 of 44 (11 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
993 posts

Mar 30, 2012

I want Remote Play so much...

I can just imagine going to a buddy's one night and if he ever plops on the computer, fuck it I'm rocking the Vita out and playing me some Protoype! :-)

Even if there's a bit of lag (audio or input lag), who cares? At least it clearly is functional. And I bet some games will run just great, and you could find out for yourself just by trying a bunch of your games!

I really, really hope Sony goes through with it... Or else alternative methods will be the only way :/

Message 39 of 44 (11 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
993 posts

Mar 30, 2012

vito72 wrote:

Dude. You're damned spot on. It's practically fraud. It's like saying I invented a TV remote that can also start your car and find your keys AND advertise it commercially... and sure, the 'Remote car start' button will be there, but it WON'T DO ANYTHING.

Message 40 of 44 (11 Views)
0 Likes