Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
First Son
Registered: 04/19/2011
Offline
25 posts
 

Re: Remote Play Features & Support List ?

Feb 19, 2012

This is a great thread and the people with authority at Sony really need to be made aware of these discussions. Do any Sony reps read this? Can this be brought to someone's attention?

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 44 (5 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 02/03/2008
Offline
586 posts
 

Re: Remote Play Features & Support List ?

Feb 19, 2012

Remote has NEVER worked with games ever. Only a handful if at all been that way since PSP so I wouldnt hold your breath


Minecraft Server The Republic of Dave
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 44 (5 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/27/2008
Offline
5189 posts
 

Re: Remote Play Features & Support List ?

Feb 19, 2012

Spartan_I013 wrote:

.... Not to mention it's one of their prime and most promoted functions of the VITA. For them not to deliver on something so many people are anticipating would just be a blatant absolute let down......

It is not one of their prime and most promoted functions of the PSVita. Look at this page:

http://us.playstation.com/psvita/features/

It is not even mentioned there, near the bottom is cross play but not remote play.

There will be many people buying it for the rest of the functions other than remote play.

I doubt there will be many patches for old games anyway, I would expect new games to have the option included.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 44 (5 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 02/17/2012
Offline
39 posts
 

Re: Remote Play Features & Support List ?

Feb 19, 2012

Ive tried the remote play. All that is available to play is ps1 games that you have bought on PSN. You can not play skyrim/battlefield/MW3, ect... no ps3 games...as of yet. There is going to be a patch that will allowing certain games(NOT all ps3 games as of now) to be able to play via remote play. Ive tried a bunch... it give a message saying it is not compatible. I can play FF6,7,9 on remote play... which is kinda choppy and hard to play actually... hope that gets fixed!

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 44 (5 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 09/05/2003
Offline
20 posts
 

Re: Remote Play Features & Support List ?

Mar 1, 2012

Though, if you watch the cross platform video on that same link , it shows off Killzone 3 at the end being played via remote play. So it is one of the points Sony was/is trying to support.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 44 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/27/2008
Offline
5189 posts
 

Re: Remote Play Features & Support List ?

Mar 1, 2012

Spartan_I013 wrote:

Though, if you watch the cross platform video on that same link , it shows off Killzone 3 at the end being played via remote play. So it is one of the points Sony was/is trying to support.

But if you understand that it was a specially written version of Killzone3 shown for proof of concept (i.e. to get people excited about remote play) and that the PS3 was only a few feet away (so not much lag) and it was not multiplayer, then you will get to realise it is impractical for most fast action games and especially online FPSs.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 44 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 09/05/2003
Offline
20 posts
 

Re: Remote Play Features & Support List ?

Mar 3, 2012

One does not simply make a "specially written" game for show purposes. Nor does one really make a "specially written game" period. Who cares about what it's limits are, modders and system software hackers find ways to break though anyway. Besides, you were avoiding the fact that it IS a promoted part of theVITA by Sony, so why aren't they supporting it? And don't give me the "Well only specially written games can play on it and certain models have to be put in game to play it." crap because trust me buddy I've been working in the development industy for a year now and I can tell you all that's most likely needed for this to work is a simple System Update.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 44 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/27/2008
Offline
5189 posts
 

Re: Remote Play Features & Support List ?

Mar 3, 2012

Spartan_I013 wrote:

One does not simply make a "specially written" game for show purposes. Nor does one really make a "specially written game" period. Who cares about what it's limits are, modders and system software hackers find ways to break though anyway. Besides, you were avoiding the fact that it IS a promoted part of theVITA by Sony, so why aren't they supporting it? And don't give me the "Well only specially written games can play on it and certain models have to be put in game to play it." crap because trust me buddy I've been working in the development industy for a year now and I can tell you all that's most likely needed for this to work is a simple System Update.

It was said at the time that the demo was written or optimized for the show and it would not be released, people will do that if they want to show something off, they write tech demos, that is basically what it was. Yes it falsely represented the capabilities of the PSVita's remote play function.

Sony have also said that remote play is written into the firmware, they have rewriting the libraries to make it easier for developers to use this time compared to the PSP implementation. But they have provided their part it is just up to the game developers to use it. So no it doesn't need a simple firmware update it just needs game software update to work with the firmware if developers are willing to do that.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 44 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 02/03/2008
Offline
586 posts
 

Re: Remote Play Features & Support List ?

Mar 4, 2012

Bottom line

remote playing of next games (fps and multilplayer heavy games) IS possible and has been for awhile

ONLIVE is entire gaming service that plays next gen games like Batman: AC and street fighter 4, streaming ONLY. You do not download the games you play and you even play online with them same as on your console. Lag is minimal and the service works great even on a mobile device (IE my android phone) Any doubters should head over to onlive.com and try some free demos.

This app proves that streaming high quality games IS very possible, all thats left is for sony to impliment this function at a playable level with its exsisting PS3 hardware. Plain and simple if my phone can remote play street fighter 4 online then there is NO REASON the vita and ps3 cant do the same. PERIOD


Minecraft Server The Republic of Dave
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 44 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/27/2008
Offline
5189 posts
 

Re: Remote Play Features & Support List ?

Mar 4, 2012

DeathWhitch wrote:

Bottom line

remote playing of next games (fps and multilplayer heavy games) IS possible and has been for awhile

ONLIVE is entire gaming service that plays next gen games like Batman: AC and street fighter 4, streaming ONLY. You do not download the games you play and you even play online with them same as on your console. Lag is minimal and the service works great even on a mobile device (IE my android phone) Any doubters should head over to onlive.com and try some free demos.

This app proves that streaming high quality games IS very possible, all thats left is for sony to impliment this function at a playable level with its exsisting PS3 hardware. Plain and simple if my phone can remote play street fighter 4 online then there is NO REASON the vita and ps3 cant do the same. PERIOD

Onlive is one host server running the game with many clients. However with PS3 and PSVita 'remote play' multiplayer you have 1 Host server, multiple PS3 clients (lag will depend on each persons ISP), and then you introduce streaming to the PSVita over the internet (lag again depending on infrastructure). This is how it differs two points of introduced lag, especially when your connection to the host server is also your connection to your PSvita.

Sony have implemented 'remote play' at the firmawre level it is upto the game developers whether they want their products to use it, if they think their games will look bad using it I doubt it will happen. Don't petition Sony, talk to your favorite game developers.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 44 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes