Apr 17 2012
By: cristty1988 First Son 1 posts

Refurbished PS3 problem!

2 replies 71 views Edited Apr 17, 2012

My first PS3 broke down after 4 years of intensive use. The Sony service gave me a refurbished one that broke down after only 3 months. I now have another refurbished PS3 that probably has a cooling problem, because the cooling fan starts kicking in every few minutes (from my experience, that isn't exactly normal). My guess is that the problem is caused by the processor's thermal paste.

My options so far are : 1. Wait for 3 months for another refurbished PS3 (that'll probably also break down after a few months).

2. Try to apply thermal paste myself, or find someone that can (and lose the 3 month warranty).

What do you think I should do?

Message 1 of 3 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3220 posts

Re: Refurbished PS3 problem!

Apr 17, 2012

Maybe you should get a new ps3 Im sure it would last a whole lot longer. But in either case that you get another leomn or take a chance in messing up the ps3 you got and have not warrenty and forced to pay for a another playstation refurbished or new.

Message 2 of 3 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Re: Refurbished PS3 problem!

Apr 17, 2012

Don't void the warranty. Call up Sony and ask for a warranty replacement, but ask for a trade plus the difference in cash for a refurb newer Slim model instead of another refurb of the same model. The Slims were redesigned with cooler, more efficient parts that are less susceptible to the same failures as the Fat models.

Message 3 of 3 (71 Views)
0 Likes