Ok so long story short.... I got 2 friends to buy a vita, I sent them a link to the Email I recieved and they filled it out. The promotion ended but NONE of us got the reward... I called sony and after being on hold 80% of the time they told me to call a 222 number. I then got a lady that told me to look in the playstation forums to redeem my reward. Did anyone else have this problem? if so what did you do to get your reward?
You will find that Sony does NOT have their act together with supporting promotions like this at all. I've been in a similar situation where the form to fill out to register for the promo which was extended to May 10th isn't working (won't accept PSN ID).
Someone in support tried to feed me the same line about going to the forums and asking about it, which is completely unacceptable given that this is Sony's promotion and someone (or group) within their organization is responsible for supporting the promotions. It is not the job of form moderators to provide rewards/promition support and remediation.
Anyway, here's what I've learned by calling and talking to several people in Playstation/PSN support and Sony Rewards support.
1) Almost no consistent information is available regarding the promotion. You will find people that will tell you it expired, or it's still going on or even that it is invalid. The fact is that it was, and still is valid, but it's very poorly supported as nobody in support has documentation on the promotion or support guidelines for it either. I'm glad my company is not this bad - we have a culture of the customer being first and you own resolution of an issue regardless if the problem is in your area.
2) The promotion was apparently setup at least in part by Sony Rewards. Amplifinity was contracted to setup the web pages to facilitate the registration and reward eligibility portion of the work. There should be a B2B transaction of sorts setup to validate PSN ID's at PSN and process vouchers in some capacity with/for Sony.
There is obviously mass confusion in both Sony divisions since there is little or no knowledge at all on how to support this at any of the support lines, which is very frustrating since they are promising users $20 PSN credits and 1000 reward points, but there is no user support for the program. Whoever the project management team was for this failed on an epic scale - I can't imagine this happening at my company or heads would roll.
3) You are ENTITLED to what Sony promised you for buying those systems and they need to make good on it as long as you've followed their instructions for the promotion. As such, Sony is responsible for providing support for their promotion and they can't just pawn you off to forums and bid you good luck.
Here's what I've been doing because even though it's only 20 bucks, I want what's owed to me...
I called support and explained that in my case, the form didn't accept my registration and gave me an error indicating that my PSN ID was wrong. Support validated that my PSN ID was correct. I had managers/supervisors at the Rewards and Playstation support call centers validate the authenticity of the promotion site and details, initially with mixed results because nobody has accurate, reliable information anywhere, but in the end it was agreed that this was a valid promotion and there was a problem.
A manager at Sony Rewards (Joseph) validated the problem I was having and was investigating the following:
1) Promo details with the groups who set it up.
2) What the problem was with the back end systems (he escalated to the responsible organizations).
3) Ultimately what Sony can do to make good on this if problems persist. The page that's still up may be in error and if so, needs to be taken down or fixed because a 3rd party contracted by Sony set it up and it seems that nobody knows what the other is doing.
In addition to all of this, I called Amplifinity to report an infrastructure issue on the page they setup for Sony so that someone can fix it. A customer shouldn't have to act as a liason between companies for support issues, but I want results and Sony is really dropping the ball on all of us here.
Maybe the issues are related to why you and your friends never got anything. I suppose it's possible that the pages setup by Amplifinity are broken and registrations aren't being correctly processed, hence no vouchers.
We'll see how this goes...