Mar 04 2012
By: synchroflame First Son 3 posts

Red flashing light

1 replies 10 views Edited Mar 4, 2012

I'm having issues with the PS3, it's an older version, first big chunky one. Was just starting to play starhawk demo and then it hung. I tried turning it off and on again then. I got a green light, then it became red and flashing, I have no idea what to do. Anyone got any ideas?

Message 1 of 2 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
4 posts

Re: Red flashing light

Mar 5, 2012

From what I understand, the flashing light is an indication that something is wrong with the HD. The YLOD often follows. I had it happen to me, but I was resetting a used fat 60g. It shut down and the red light flashed. I posted a question on this forum to find out if that was normal during the reset (reformat HD) and was told that it was NOT normal. HOWEVER, I used the power button on the front to turn on my PS3 and have had zero problems with it. The unit was reset to factory (except for updates) and works fine. In my case, I think that it was due to me shutting off the TV and losing the HDMI handshake during reset. In your case, my guess would be that it indicates a problem.

Be aware that I am very new to this forum and use my PS3 as a Blu Ray, SACD and Netflix player. I don't play games...yet. So, I'm just trying to help, but I'm 100% sure that someone else on this forum can provide better/more info. Good luck!!

Message 2 of 2 (10 Views)
0 Likes