Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 27 2012
By: moblesuit75 PlayStation MVP 4419 posts
Accepted Solution

Recommend a good wireless headset?

5 replies 220 views Edited Sep 27, 2012

I noticed; if you want to join a clan for BF3, or anything online, you need a headset.  

While I have been resisting the purchase of one, I am becoming increasingly intrigued.   Previously, I thought using a headset would only give me access to those shouting useless things like, "Ninja Style", or a steady stream of obscenities.  Getting involved with a group or groups who are interested in using verbal communications for strategy and actual gameplay sounds worth while.

The major questions I am asking are;

1.  Headset or NO?

2. Single Ear or Two Ear?

3. Brand(s)?

4. Cost?

5. Lemons, which ones S U Ck?

Additionally, I have noticed while playing the PC version, the direct audio allows me to here more subtle things than on my surround sound, (i.e.. Someone trying to sneak up behind me).

Thought, comments.....

Moble

Message 1 of 6 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Re: Recommend a good wireless headset?

Sep 27, 2012
Message 2 of 6 (212 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4419 posts

Sep 27, 2012

Yeah, $150 though.  Does that have a mic?

Great suggestion though.  I think my wife would have my ***** if she caught me spending $150 on headsets.  Anything middle of the road or simply adequate?

Moble

Message 3 of 6 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Sep 27, 2012

Yes,  has a mic and a guy next door has the older pair thats $99.99 in store and I borrowed them and I'm totally blown away by them. Worth the cash.

Message 4 of 6 (206 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4419 posts

Sep 27, 2012

Sweet, maybe I will pick some up then.  Thanks.

Still looking for more suggestions, for anyone else who may be paying attention.

Moble

Message 5 of 6 (204 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Dec 30, 2012

Hi, not sure if you've bought a headset yet but I'll give you my 2 cents. Picked these up this week -

http://us.playstation.com/ps3/accessories/wireless-stereo-headset-ps3.html.

Excellet sound quality, my voice is crytal clear according to my gaming buddies, I can crank it up at night and not bother my wife :smileyhappy:, and I could go on.  They take about an hour to charge and set up as fast as you can plug in the USB dongle.  They're on sale at a bunch of stores and online for $79.99

If you buy them, read this: Helps you set up sidetone - (called mic monitoring by other companies)

http://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4581/~/wireless-stereo-headset%3A-sidetone...

Cheers, C.

Message 6 of 6 (79 Views)
0 Likes