Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/22/2005
Offline
5539 posts
 

Re: Recently got a PS4 - An Honest Opinion from a Somewhat Expert

May 27, 2014

peckdogg68 wrote:

If you do not own it, you most likely have not had enough time  to get used to it and make a fair review.  Playing it now and again typically shows more strenghts and playing it only with friends only shows strengths.  If you own the system then compare them, since you do not, you should only review the ps4 and cut the cross comparisons out. 


Thanks but I have enough time on both systems - as well as pretty much every system since the late 80s to give a credible opinion.

Message 11 of 20 (160 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 05/27/2014
Offline
24 posts
 

Re: Recently got a PS4 - An Honest Opinion from a Somewhat Expert

May 27, 2014

I'm constantly amazed at the amount of "nick-picking" and complaining I see and read when it comes to not only the PS4 but the Xbox One. Neither is perfect but far better than last Gen and worlds above the Gen prior to that. It's like reading complaints about tiny details of a game  like skin or hair doesn't look right. I swear we can have Avatar like visuals and these crybabies would still complain.

 

We need to remmber...both the PS4 and XO are still "Babies" at this point. It took years before we started to see the real potential of the PS3 and 360 and the same goes for now. It takes Devs awhile to really get to know a new system; it's not some overnight or year chore. They just got a bigger playroom and fancier toys to play with.

 

I've been with MS since the first Xbox, which I got because of a game called Halo. I moved to the 360 because of a game called Gears of War and Halo. I opted to get the PS4 based on the "overall view of the system, games, potential and people behind it"....I'm a big fan of Mark Cerney and Sony is very lucky to have him.I still have the 360 bu sadly I've lost some friends, still have some on the 360 which I still play but again it's the system foremost. I don't regret it and to me it boiled down to...do I want game system or a Media Hub which seem to be MS selling point on the Xbox  One.

 

And one last word to the cmplainers....If the system is not up to your expectation, doesn't have certain extras, doesn't do 3D, games don't seem that great, visuals not realistic or craked up to be....go grab a PSOne or a PS2 or maybe  Xbox, play for about a month and come back and post your thoughts then....

 

I've played almost everything....Sega, Atari Jag, N64, Nintendo, Commodore 64 & 128, 486DX PC, PS1, PS2, Xbox, 360  and now PS4. Honestly...we're blessed compared to the old days.

Message 12 of 20 (138 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/02/2009
Online
7024 posts
 

Re: Recently got a PS4 - An Honest Opinion from a Somewhat Expert

[ Edited ]
May 27, 2014

GTAMOBSTERX4 wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

GTAMOBSTERX4 wrote:

awtacular wrote:

I still have yet to run into a problem with my contoller.  It's hit and miss just like defective units. I've got 360 hours played of BF4 online alone and that's not counting hours played in the campaign on that and KZ along with the Show and some other games and I have no problems with my controller. So saying all of them have or are going to have the problem isn't true. As for the other guy saying stuff about how the Xbone is built around the cloud, well that's fine but the thing is, it doesn't mean much. It's a failed idea until everyone has the same kind of equipment and connection. The infrastructure here in the US is garbage because it's outdated.


Every single PS4 controller has this problem so unless you have a magical one made out of a different material, I highly doubt your controller does not have this issue. The issue is the material. It's not the same as it use to be and the application process is different. If you look at the rubber coating, it is grey instead of the black DS controllers usually have. Additionally, the surface texture looks like a wrinkley butt (best explanation lol). Take a picture of your sticks with flash and post them. Regardless if they are torn or not, the material used is garbage and how soon your sticks tear depends on how hard you use the sticks/the luck of the draw how good the material was applied on your controller.


 Your issues is not everybody issues/ same  as your opinon on  the controllers and folder and etc etc..

 

 Some say( the pps4 controllers) are best they every used. ,some disagree.  Btw i didnt read the whole post. most of it opinated in your honest belief, which none can sway on how you feel in agreement or disagreement on the  matter.. If you dont like ps4 after you bought, it then sell it.?   Thats not being rude in any fashion,  its no point in being a unhappy gamers is it?  If you cant wait for changes and this or that to your liking .. Then do whats best for you and your well being to  make your self happy.

 

 If that means selling your ps4 and movng  on to something else,then  it  is, what it is.? It called being a consumer  customer  in the market. If I  dont like new  ford150 truck  then , I take it back and get a toyota super cab truck. Make sense?

 

 Happy gaming in your future.


A suggestion to you: If you are going to reply to someone's post, actually take the time to read and comprehend it. :/

 

Once again, there has not been one person in the entire world yet to show me a DS4 controller that does not have the inferior analog material.

 

The OS is atrocious. Take a moment and listen to a user who has been on this forum for nearly a decade and has seen the Playstation brand from birth to present. Most threads are created to spread information. I'm confident Sony will remedy the issues I have listed on my OP. The whole idea is to make more people aware and communicate so they are corrected faster. Selling my system at a loss does not catalyze that...


Who said you would sell it at  a lost?  Btw  Im not  a os  expert . I know   lilttle to nothing(anything)  about Os.  Talking Os  to me is the same  as talking french?  I dont understand.it. You dont like  the controllers.  That is fine, go buy some 3 party controllers problem solved.

 

 My point is you dont seem happy with your purchase.  Why not be happy? Im not saying your complaining, Im saying if its not making you happy, why suffer with it., why not go  get something that makes you happy. Its real simple to understand.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 13 of 20 (121 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/22/2005
Offline
5539 posts
 

Re: Recently got a PS4 - An Honest Opinion from a Somewhat Expert

May 27, 2014

mcbuttz78 wrote:

GTAMOBSTERX4 wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

GTAMOBSTERX4 wrote:

awtacular wrote:

I still have yet to run into a problem with my contoller.  It's hit and miss just like defective units. I've got 360 hours played of BF4 online alone and that's not counting hours played in the campaign on that and KZ along with the Show and some other games and I have no problems with my controller. So saying all of them have or are going to have the problem isn't true. As for the other guy saying stuff about how the Xbone is built around the cloud, well that's fine but the thing is, it doesn't mean much. It's a failed idea until everyone has the same kind of equipment and connection. The infrastructure here in the US is garbage because it's outdated.


Every single PS4 controller has this problem so unless you have a magical one made out of a different material, I highly doubt your controller does not have this issue. The issue is the material. It's not the same as it use to be and the application process is different. If you look at the rubber coating, it is grey instead of the black DS controllers usually have. Additionally, the surface texture looks like a wrinkley butt (best explanation lol). Take a picture of your sticks with flash and post them. Regardless if they are torn or not, the material used is garbage and how soon your sticks tear depends on how hard you use the sticks/the luck of the draw how good the material was applied on your controller.


 Your issues is not everybody issues/ same  as your opinon on  the controllers and folder and etc etc..

 

 Some say( the pps4 controllers) are best they every used. ,some disagree.  Btw i didnt read the whole post. most of it opinated in your honest belief, which none can sway on how you feel in agreement or disagreement on the  matter.. If you dont like ps4 after you bought, it then sell it.?   Thats not being rude in any fashion,  its no point in being a unhappy gamers is it?  If you cant wait for changes and this or that to your liking .. Then do whats best for you and your well being to  make your self happy.

 

 If that means selling your ps4 and movng  on to something else,then  it  is, what it is.? It called being a consumer  customer  in the market. If I  dont like new  ford150 truck  then , I take it back and get a toyota super cab truck. Make sense?

 

 Happy gaming in your future.


A suggestion to you: If you are going to reply to someone's post, actually take the time to read and comprehend it. :/

 

Once again, there has not been one person in the entire world yet to show me a DS4 controller that does not have the inferior analog material.

 

The OS is atrocious. Take a moment and listen to a user who has been on this forum for nearly a decade and has seen the Playstation brand from birth to present. Most threads are created to spread information. I'm confident Sony will remedy the issues I have listed on my OP. The whole idea is to make more people aware and communicate so they are corrected faster. Selling my system at a loss does not catalyze that...


Who said you would sell it at  a lost?  Btw  Im not  a os  expert . I know   lilttle to nothing(anything)  about Os.  Talking Os  to me is the same  as talking french?  I dont understand.it. You dont like  the controllers.  That is fine, go buy some 3 party controllers problem solved.

 

 My point is you dont seem happy with your purchase.  Why not be happy? Im not saying your complaining, Im saying if its not making you happy, why suffer with it., why not go  get something that makes you happy. Its real simple to understand.


However in my impressions I said specifically that both consoles feel incomplete. It's not a simple matter of dumping a PS for a Xbox as both consoles have serious flaws. I justify my purchase with the hope Sony will actually finish the console with features that should have been at launch.

 

It's 2014. A console shouldn't be released with huge gaps in essential everyday features. If Apple released a new iPhone 6 and it didn't play music, you couldn't sync over wifi, etc. people would be all over Apple for releasing a new phone that sure might be faster, however is missing essential features that should be a given.

 

The "console will grow" argument is not valid here. These are simple features that amazingly are absent. Heck, you can't even purchase the avatars from the PS4 PSN store. I've had pretty much ever single PS product ever released with getting them at launch so I remember everything. The PS4 reminds me of the PS3 launch in terms of limited functionality - however the difference is the functionalities were later theorized and added to the PS3 whereas the PS4 functionalities are missing and they are features that everyone is acustom to for an electronic in the year 2014.

 

PS4 has great potential however shame on Sony for releasing it this incomplete.

Message 14 of 20 (112 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/22/2005
Offline
5539 posts
 

Re: Recently got a PS4 - An Honest Opinion from a Somewhat Expert

May 27, 2014

BuzzZaw82 wrote:

I'm constantly amazed at the amount of "nick-picking" and complaining I see and read when it comes to not only the PS4 but the Xbox One. Neither is perfect but far better than last Gen and worlds above the Gen prior to that. It's like reading complaints about tiny details of a game  like skin or hair doesn't look right. I swear we can have Avatar like visuals and these crybabies would still complain.

 

We need to remmber...both the PS4 and XO are still "Babies" at this point. It took years before we started to see the real potential of the PS3 and 360 and the same goes for now. It takes Devs awhile to really get to know a new system; it's not some overnight or year chore. They just got a bigger playroom and fancier toys to play with.

 

I've been with MS since the first Xbox, which I got because of a game called Halo. I moved to the 360 because of a game called Gears of War and Halo. I opted to get the PS4 based on the "overall view of the system, games, potential and people behind it"....I'm a big fan of Mark Cerney and Sony is very lucky to have him.I still have the 360 bu sadly I've lost some friends, still have some on the 360 which I still play but again it's the system foremost. I don't regret it and to me it boiled down to...do I want game system or a Media Hub which seem to be MS selling point on the Xbox  One.

 

And one last word to the cmplainers....If the system is not up to your expectation, doesn't have certain extras, doesn't do 3D, games don't seem that great, visuals not realistic or craked up to be....go grab a PSOne or a PS2 or maybe  Xbox, play for about a month and come back and post your thoughts then....

 

I've played almost everything....Sega, Atari Jag, N64, Nintendo, Commodore 64 & 128, 486DX PC, PS1, PS2, Xbox, 360  and now PS4. Honestly...we're blessed compared to the old days.


Almost nothing in your post is relevant from what I have posted in my OP. Simple things like organizing your library (which for some reason includes everything you download plus glitches linking you to purchase a game in the PSN store) and playing a friggin CD do not "need time to develop".

Message 15 of 20 (110 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 05/09/2014
Offline
15 posts
 

Re: Recently got a PS4 - An Honest Opinion from a Somewhat Expert

[ Edited ]
May 27, 2014

 Your issues is not everybody issues/ same  as your opinon on  the controllers and folder and etc etc..

 

 Some say( the pps4 controllers) are best they every used. ,some disagree.  Btw i didnt read the whole post. most of it opinated in your honest belief, which none can sway on how you feel in agreement or disagreement on the  matter.. If you dont like ps4 after you bought, it then sell it.?   Thats not being rude in any fashion,  its no point in being a unhappy gamers is it?  If you cant wait for changes and this or that to your liking .. Then do whats best for you and your well being to  make your self happy.

 

 If that means selling your ps4 and movng  on to something else,then  it  is, what it is.? It called being a consumer  customer  in the market. If I  dont like new  ford150 truck  then , I take it back and get a toyota super cab truck. Make sense?

 

 Happy gaming in your future.


A suggestion to you: If you are going to reply to someone's post, actually take the time to read and comprehend it. :/

 

Once again, there has not been one person in the entire world yet to show me a DS4 controller that does not have the inferior analog material.

 

The OS is atrocious. Take a moment and listen to a user who has been on this forum for nearly a decade and has seen the Playstation brand from birth to present. Most threads are created to spread information. I'm confident Sony will remedy the issues I have listed on my OP. The whole idea is to make more people aware and communicate so they are corrected faster. Selling my system at a loss does not catalyze that...

 

 

 

Why should we listen to you? Simply because you have been on a Forum for a decade does not mean you know all. As the above person stated one persons issue is not everyones issue I have 2 Sony PS4s with a total of 3 DS4 controllers and have owned one since launch with more than enough gameplay hours and have not even seen the slightest wear.

Message 16 of 20 (102 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/04/2013
Online
4035 posts
 

Re: Recently got a PS4 - An Honest Opinion from a Somewhat Expert

May 27, 2014

                       A list of serious problems that need addressed:

#1 Agreed - PS4 DS4 analog stick material

#2 Agreed - PS4 UI - Needs to be organized better and actually be intuitive. We need to be able to sort and organize things.

#3 Nice but  not what i use  - PS4 Features - I want my PS4 to be my media hub like how my PS3 was. This means music, videos, apps, etc.

 

I bought 10 replacement analog sticks off ebay $6 and 20 covers $5 Fixed my own and never lost a day sending it in! I was very disapointed when mine wore down and tore. Sony wanted a better grip and went with softer material. Custom soft covers woud have been a better option from Sony.

 

The over all look of the UI is great, sorting needs lots of work.

 

Media while Netflix is great and I have used it on my non smart TV I have not or will I ever use even my PS3 for music or video files.They say it will be addressed so you know its coming.

 

Over all well done review from your point of view..


Getting Older doesn't mean it's GAME OVER
It's a better idea to buy games for your PS4
Than to buy a New Console for your PS4
Message 17 of 20 (88 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/08/2012
Offline
190 posts
 

Re: Recently got a PS4 - An Honest Opinion from a Somewhat Expert

May 27, 2014

Well let me start and end with this. I'm 52yrs old bought every system out there, except for normal wear and tear never had a problem . Not even with the PS4 , sorry to here about your misfortunes ....


GTAMOBSTERX4 wrote:

Only recently got a PS4 due to being too busy to play with one. First off I'll say I've heard a lot of people say the PS and Xbox systems are more alike than ever - I could not more so disagree. They are in fact more different than ever. Being a PS user all these years, while I was tempted by some of the new Xbox features, I went with the PS brand (yet again) - mainly because I have always been a Sony user. Here is an honest opinion (and a little bit of a comparison) of the PS4 which may be worth reading if you are considering one or to those who have one, might make you realize some downfalls of the console which you were unaware of.

 

First let's consider the physical design and specs. This is perhaps the category with the most things going right for the PS4. Without a doubt the PS4 is the strongest console and actually has more of a significant power edge over its competitor than ever. The GDDR5 RAM was absolutely a necessary decision and should have been a given - however since Microsoft did not capatilze on this, I guess I can applaud Sony for what should have been a no brainer. The GDDR5 will be crucial as the console gets older, especially with the speed and fluidity of the UI. The shape of the console is very appealing, has all the inputs you would expect, and is fairly compact compared to its enormous competitor and previous generation. The controller has some improvements, however make no mistake, the PS4's most critical flaw lies in the controller. I've been saying this on this forum since before the PS4 was announced, the analog stick material garbage. For whatever reason, Sony changed the material for the first time on the Dualshock to this inferior material and it is terrible. Every display unit PS4 I've seen has the analog sticks all chewed up. It is not a defect in a batch, it is the material itself and make no mistake, your DS4 analog sticks have the issue and if you use them enough they will tear. I am told Sony is working on a solution to this (new production material I assume) however what they do for the millions who have already purchased their inferior controllers is yet to be seen. How personel at Sony overlooked this is beyond me. Easily the biggest "**bleep**" decision I've seen Sony make over the last decade. This easily tops the Playstation Home fiasco.

 

The games/exclusives out right now aren't the strongest, but they aren't bad either. Yes, as a shooter lover, I'm jealous of Titanfall, however the games will come and with titles like the Last of Us (and hopefully revive of Socom???), I still firmly believe Sony has the best exclusives out of all three systems - Unless you are a Mario lover, of course. Besides, I can guarantee you that Titanfall 2 will come to PS4.

 

I've heard a lot of people brag about the PS4 UI and how fast it is - that's great, yeah it's fast, however it's also a disorganized cluster. Microsoft clearly has a vastly superior experience here - both in terms of design and featurues (Skype, multitasking, play CDs, the cloud, etc.). Sony really dropped the bomb on this one with the PS4 having even less featurures than the last gen PS3. No notifications for friends coming online, no customizable wallpapers - heck you can't even arrange the icons! I understand what they are doing with the utilities top row and then the features row, however things like the PSN store should not be in the utilities row, that should be down with the Music Unlimited and the like, you know, since they are both stores? Another pooor choice is putting my game disc all the way to the left of the row and then my library all the way to the right of the row. Why am I cycling through all these usless services like Music Unlimited that I never use to get to my library? And then once we are in the library, what a mess. Demos you downloaded appear here - even after you delete them. I have Call of Duty glitched links to the store asking me to buy the game - essentially advertising their game in my library. What the heck? Seriously who thought this was a good idea. In short, the UI has some great ideas such as the social page, and it is fast, however overall the UI is just a cluster - an absolute mess. If the controllers weren't falling apart, the UI would easily be the greatest flaw of the PS4.

 

Overall the PS4 is at best a 7/10. It has a lot of things going for it - price, games, superior hardware - things I don't really need to point out as I'm sure most on here know, however make no mistake it has a lot of flaws. The PS4 simply feels rushed - probably cause it is. The truth is the PS3 has held up much better over the last 7 years than the PS2 did when the PS3 game out. It's weird going from the PS3 where it "Only does everything" to a console that does maybe half of what the PS3 did. Sony clearly has the superior gaming hardware and physical elegant design of the system - however Microsoft has a much superior UI and multimedia functionalities. Fortunately, for Sony their problems pretty much all can be fixed with software updates (except for the DS4 analog stick problem) whereas Microsoft will likely be stuck with their downfalls until their next system.

 

So to the kids trying to decidie which console to get, the truth is neither one is the best. They are more different than ever and both have really great features than the other does not currently have. I went with the PS4 as I have always been a PS fan and I'm hoping Sony does a complete revamp to the UI as it really needs it.

 

In short the PS4 has a lot of things going for it, but it is far from this "Sony nailed it" console that people are perceiving it to be. Take it from someone who has seen the whole Playstation timeline. Fads in gaming come and go and right now PS4 is "the cool cosnole". Last gen it was the Microsoft console.

 

A list of serious problems that need addressed:

-PS4 DS4 analog stick material

-PS4 UI - Needs to be organized better and actually be intuitive. We need to be able to sort and organize things.

-PS4 Features - I want my PS4 to be my media hub like how my PS3 was. This means music, videos, apps, etc.



GTAMOBSTERX4 wrote:

Only recently got a PS4 due to being too busy to play with one. First off I'll say I've heard a lot of people say the PS and Xbox systems are more alike than ever - I could not more so disagree. They are in fact more different than ever. Being a PS user all these years, while I was tempted by some of the new Xbox features, I went with the PS brand (yet again) - mainly because I have always been a Sony user. Here is an honest opinion (and a little bit of a comparison) of the PS4 which may be worth reading if you are considering one or to those who have one, might make you realize some downfalls of the console which you were unaware of.

 

First let's consider the physical design and specs. This is perhaps the category with the most things going right for the PS4. Without a doubt the PS4 is the strongest console and actually has more of a significant power edge over its competitor than ever. The GDDR5 RAM was absolutely a necessary decision and should have been a given - however since Microsoft did not capatilze on this, I guess I can applaud Sony for what should have been a no brainer. The GDDR5 will be crucial as the console gets older, especially with the speed and fluidity of the UI. The shape of the console is very appealing, has all the inputs you would expect, and is fairly compact compared to its enormous competitor and previous generation. The controller has some improvements, however make no mistake, the PS4's most critical flaw lies in the controller. I've been saying this on this forum since before the PS4 was announced, the analog stick material garbage. For whatever reason, Sony changed the material for the first time on the Dualshock to this inferior material and it is terrible. Every display unit PS4 I've seen has the analog sticks all chewed up. It is not a defect in a batch, it is the material itself and make no mistake, your DS4 analog sticks have the issue and if you use them enough they will tear. I am told Sony is working on a solution to this (new production material I assume) however what they do for the millions who have already purchased their inferior controllers is yet to be seen. How personel at Sony overlooked this is beyond me. Easily the biggest "**bleep**" decision I've seen Sony make over the last decade. This easily tops the Playstation Home fiasco.

 

The games/exclusives out right now aren't the strongest, but they aren't bad either. Yes, as a shooter lover, I'm jealous of Titanfall, however the games will come and with titles like the Last of Us (and hopefully revive of Socom???), I still firmly believe Sony has the best exclusives out of all three systems - Unless you are a Mario lover, of course. Besides, I can guarantee you that Titanfall 2 will come to PS4.

 

I've heard a lot of people brag about the PS4 UI and how fast it is - that's great, yeah it's fast, however it's also a disorganized cluster. Microsoft clearly has a vastly superior experience here - both in terms of design and featurues (Skype, multitasking, play CDs, the cloud, etc.). Sony really dropped the bomb on this one with the PS4 having even less featurures than the last gen PS3. No notifications for friends coming online, no customizable wallpapers - heck you can't even arrange the icons! I understand what they are doing with the utilities top row and then the features row, however things like the PSN store should not be in the utilities row, that should be down with the Music Unlimited and the like, you know, since they are both stores? Another pooor choice is putting my game disc all the way to the left of the row and then my library all the way to the right of the row. Why am I cycling through all these usless services like Music Unlimited that I never use to get to my library? And then once we are in the library, what a mess. Demos you downloaded appear here - even after you delete them. I have Call of Duty glitched links to the store asking me to buy the game - essentially advertising their game in my library. What the heck? Seriously who thought this was a good idea. In short, the UI has some great ideas such as the social page, and it is fast, however overall the UI is just a cluster - an absolute mess. If the controllers weren't falling apart, the UI would easily be the greatest flaw of the PS4.

 

Overall the PS4 is at best a 7/10. It has a lot of things going for it - price, games, superior hardware - things I don't really need to point out as I'm sure most on here know, however make no mistake it has a lot of flaws. The PS4 simply feels rushed - probably cause it is. The truth is the PS3 has held up much better over the last 7 years than the PS2 did when the PS3 game out. It's weird going from the PS3 where it "Only does everything" to a console that does maybe half of what the PS3 did. Sony clearly has the superior gaming hardware and physical elegant design of the system - however Microsoft has a much superior UI and multimedia functionalities. Fortunately, for Sony their problems pretty much all can be fixed with software updates (except for the DS4 analog stick problem) whereas Microsoft will likely be stuck with their downfalls until their next system.

 

So to the kids trying to decidie which console to get, the truth is neither one is the best. They are more different than ever and both have really great features than the other does not currently have. I went with the PS4 as I have always been a PS fan and I'm hoping Sony does a complete revamp to the UI as it really needs it.

 

In short the PS4 has a lot of things going for it, but it is far from this "Sony nailed it" console that people are perceiving it to be. Take it from someone who has seen the whole Playstation timeline. Fads in gaming come and go and right now PS4 is "the cool cosnole". Last gen it was the Microsoft console.

 

A list of serious problems that need addressed:

-PS4 DS4 analog stick material

-PS4 UI - Needs to be organized better and actually be intuitive. We need to be able to sort and organize things.

-PS4 Features - I want my PS4 to be my media hub like how my PS3 was. This means music, videos, apps, etc.




 

 photo BOSTONRED_zps198fa9ed.jpg
Message 18 of 20 (83 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/22/2005
Offline
5539 posts
 

Re: Recently got a PS4 - An Honest Opinion from a Somewhat Expert

May 28, 2014

hondafanatic89 wrote:

 Your issues is not everybody issues/ same  as your opinon on  the controllers and folder and etc etc..

 

 Some say( the pps4 controllers) are best they every used. ,some disagree.  Btw i didnt read the whole post. most of it opinated in your honest belief, which none can sway on how you feel in agreement or disagreement on the  matter.. If you dont like ps4 after you bought, it then sell it.?   Thats not being rude in any fashion,  its no point in being a unhappy gamers is it?  If you cant wait for changes and this or that to your liking .. Then do whats best for you and your well being to  make your self happy.

 

 If that means selling your ps4 and movng  on to something else,then  it  is, what it is.? It called being a consumer  customer  in the market. If I  dont like new  ford150 truck  then , I take it back and get a toyota super cab truck. Make sense?

 

 Happy gaming in your future.


A suggestion to you: If you are going to reply to someone's post, actually take the time to read and comprehend it. :/

 

Once again, there has not been one person in the entire world yet to show me a DS4 controller that does not have the inferior analog material.

 

The OS is atrocious. Take a moment and listen to a user who has been on this forum for nearly a decade and has seen the Playstation brand from birth to present. Most threads are created to spread information. I'm confident Sony will remedy the issues I have listed on my OP. The whole idea is to make more people aware and communicate so they are corrected faster. Selling my system at a loss does not catalyze that...

 

 

 

Why should we listen to you? Simply because you have been on a Forum for a decade does not mean you know all. As the above person stated one persons issue is not everyones issue I have 2 Sony PS4s with a total of 3 DS4 controllers and have owned one since launch with more than enough gameplay hours and have not even seen the slightest wear.


It's your choice to listen or agree with my feedback. But usually I am pretty spot on with things in the industry. Again, the DS4 material problem is not necessarily that the material comes right off for all users, instead it is that the inferior material has no reason being on the sticks in the first place when they have used superior material for the last 1.5 decades.

 

The UI is a disorganized mess - there is no justification for it. The actually UI is pretty good, however the way it is organized is terrible. If I could take Sony's console and apply Microsoft's features and UI (without the silly connect overlay, ofcourse) I would have the ultimate console. Sony doesn't need to copy Windows 8, like I said they have a great start, they just need to "clean up their room" - organize it.

 

With Microsoft's $399 system without the Kinect (thank god) releasing shortly, it won't be PS4 vs. a flop Xbone anymore. The Xbox sales are about to kick off. The riddenance of the Kinect overlay should free up memory and help bring up the performance of the console to the PS4 level. With the Xbox being the same price, a better current library, a ton more features (Skype, music, apps, Xbox live (better service ATM) I can assure you it will take off and Sony will find themselves with tides changed overnight. Gaming should be the focus, yes, but that doesn't mean alienate all the media features that your previous console (and now same priced competitor!) had/has.

Message 19 of 20 (70 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/22/2005
Offline
5539 posts
 

Re: Recently got a PS4 - An Honest Opinion from a Somewhat Expert

May 28, 2014

JohnKarnes wrote:

                       A list of serious problems that need addressed:

#1 Agreed - PS4 DS4 analog stick material

#2 Agreed - PS4 UI - Needs to be organized better and actually be intuitive. We need to be able to sort and organize things.

#3 Nice but  not what i use  - PS4 Features - I want my PS4 to be my media hub like how my PS3 was. This means music, videos, apps, etc.

 

I bought 10 replacement analog sticks off ebay $6 and 20 covers $5 Fixed my own and never lost a day sending it in! I was very disapointed when mine wore down and tore. Sony wanted a better grip and went with softer material. Custom soft covers woud have been a better option from Sony.

 

The over all look of the UI is great, sorting needs lots of work.

 

Media while Netflix is great and I have used it on my non smart TV I have not or will I ever use even my PS3 for music or video files.They say it will be addressed so you know its coming.

 

Over all well done review from your point of view..


Yep. Thank you for your compliments. Hopefully Sony has a big update coming out within the next month or two. Gonna be a different ballgame when both systems are $399 and the Xbox One does 400% more...

Message 20 of 20 (69 Views)
Reply
0 Likes