Mar 10 2014
By: buster_10- First Son 1 posts

Receiving errors on PS4 since launch

[ Edited ]
5 replies 236 views Edited Mar 11, 2014

So I got the ps4 on release date and have been having a lot of problems with error codes such as failed games to load and messages being sent the party chat is very laggy. I think sony released the system too early with intimidation from Microsoft with their consol sony got pressured and release it too early.

Edit: Edited title

Message 1 of 6 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2760 posts

Re: PS4 a lot of errors.

Mar 10, 2014
I have gotten a lot of errors as well, they have decreased immensely though since launch week. I would disagree that they released it too early, despite the occasional error I am having fun playing some of the few games that there are, most recently I've been playing a lot of Warframe. I am happy with the PS4, and I know it will be a lot better once they start getting rid of a few of the bugs.
Message 2 of 6 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2772 posts

Mar 10, 2014

Yea I have no idea how they are going to beat Micro$oft in overall console sales. Looks like a tough Generation for Sony ahead.

Seriously though, Ps4 isn't perfect, but no one is getting ripped off with the purchase. It's a fine system covered with manufacturer warranties, that will receive many updates over time, and many great games.

Don't Hezitate. Wait, maybe you should.
Message 3 of 6 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2598 posts

Mar 10, 2014
Ive never had any error on my ps4.
Message 4 of 6 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
164 posts

Mar 10, 2014

buster_10- wrote:
So I got the ps4 on release date and have been having a lot of problems with error codes such as failed games to load and messages being sent the party chat is very laggy. I think sony released the system too early with intimidation from Microsoft with their consol sony got pressured and release it too early.

You're problem can range from a variety of issues, I haven't had any problems with the console itself...

This is only a small list of possible causes I can think from my head and only judging by what you have wrote.

1. Bad connection: Can cause errors when game tries to load data from server, can cause errors with messages, party chat lag, and overall a whole bunch of errors that might not even seem related to having a bad connection.

2. Badly configured router: Believe it or not, you actually have to set up a router according to your enviroment.

3. Not setting up portforwarding AKA CLOSED/MODERATE NAT type: If you're on wifi and haven't done it, you need to go do it.

4. Bad hardware: Hey it happens some times and you have a warranty. Just remember that Sony does not hand deliver the PS4 straight to your house or store, shipping accidents and other things do happen.

5. Temperature: You have to let your PS4 breathe or else the heat may cause damage.

All I can say is, any piece of computer technology has problems and errors. Sony decide to release the console when they got the least failure rate for hardware and software, HOWEVER some problems only come to light once the product is in the consumers hand. Call Sony, they will hear out your problem and decide wheter it's normal or not.

Message 5 of 6 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
970 posts

Mar 11, 2014

Go back to the M$ forums where you belong. The PS4 has had considerably less problems than the xbone since day one and continues to do so. The PS4 wasn't a Blu-Ray shredder, guess what ? The other console was. Maybe you have bad internet which keeps you from downloading games, party chat, whatever. It's not the system and they weren't "pressured" by M$ to do anything.

Message 6 of 6 (146 Views)
0 Likes