Mar 14 2012
By: LA_ROGUE_BEATZ Lombax Warrior 129 posts

****Recap of the Hot Shots Live Chat with Tsubasa Inaba****

4 replies 106 views Edited Mar 14, 2012

Hey there gamers! 

Get to know more about the awesome games available for the PS® Vita.

We know that you wonderful folks that make up the Playstation community also have a lot of questions that need to be answered and so we've arranged for some Q&A time with some of the developers of these exciting new titles.

We will be hosting a live chat event on Wednesday March 14, 2012 @3pm (PST)  6pm (EST) and 10PM (GMT)

To follow this, please just click on the link below and bookmark it. That's all,  easy huh? 

Hot Shots Live Chat with Tsubasa Inaba

Hope to see you there! 

Photobucket

{

}

{

}

Message 1 of 5 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Re: ****Recap of the Hot Shots Live Chat with Tsubasa Inaba****

Mar 14, 2012

Here is a recap of the today's chat with Tsubasa Inaba:

3:01

LA_Rogue_Beatz:

Hi everyone!  Thanks so much for joining our chat today to talk about the exciting new PS Vita Title, Hot Shots Golf World Invitational.  We are pleased to welcome Tsubasa Inaba, who is the game's producer.

3:01

LA_Rogue_Beatz:

Tsubasa, we're very excited to have you with us today.  We see everyone's questions rolling in, and to kick things off, can you tell us one of your favorite things about working on Hot Shots Golf for the Vita?

3:02

Comment From CorranFox

Yay! Hot Shots 6!

Comment From Christian

I love this game and have already obtained the platinum trophy. Are there any plans for DLC such as characters, courses, etc.?

Tsubasa:

Hello everyone! Glad to be here!

3:03

3:03

Tsubasa:

So many to choose from, but I very much enjoyed the roller coaster ride in preparing Hot Shots Golf for the PS Vita launch!

@LA_Rogue_Beatz:
Tsubasa, we're very excited to have you with us today. We see everyone's questions rolling in, and to kick things off, can you tell us one of your favorite things about working on Hot Shots Golf for the Vita? 

3:05

LA_Rogue_Beatz:

We are receiving your questions and comments.  You'll see your question appear once it's selected to be answered.  We will do our best to answer as many questions as we can. 

3:05

Comment From Rob

Hi Tsubasa, thanks for taking the time to speak with us today.  Could you estimate when we will see G0-G3 graded tournaments online, and if any special events are scheduled?

3:06

Comment From CorranFox

Nice to meet you! I have been playing the game since the 15th of Febuary, I am so happy that there is a new Hot Shots Golf,I was waiting for a new one!

Tsubasa:

My pleasure @Rob, please stay tuned for more updates (soon)!

Comment From brodie gardner

daily tournaments are my fav

3:07

Comment From sesho

any chance of having online matches in real time?

Tsubasa:

We actually already have some available through the Online Lobby, there you can participate in Real Tournaments that run with various criteria every 15 mins. Check it out!

3:08

Comment From Morpheus

Hello Tsubusa. Can you tell us what was/is your role with the game?

3:08

Tsubasa:

Oops, sorry, lack of an introduction there..
I'm the Sr. Producer for the US version of Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (Minna no Golf 6 in Japan)

3:09

Comment From Guest

my favorite person is max got a hole in 1 on legacy reg tee

3:10

Comment From Guest

is there going to be a stroke mode like on OB

3:10

Tsubasa:

Already supported in the single player campaign! Shows up under the challenge mode FYI.

3:11

Comment From Darkstar

Hi, Mr. Inaba. How long until we see Online Vs/Stroke modes? I know it was promised in Japan, but how long until we see it here?

3:11

Tsubasa:

We're looking into it, hopefully the wait won't be too painful! Please stay tuned!

3:12

any plans for courses editor

3:12

Tsubasa:

Not to my knowledge, but thanks for the idea! (taking notes...)

3:13

LA_Rogue_Beatz:

We are receiving your questions and comments.  You'll see your question appear once it's selected to be answered.  We will do our best to answer as many questions as we can. 

Comment From Morpheus

We are finding quite a few...scoring display bugs, lobby glitches, etc. Is there a way for us to report bugs to ultimately make a better experience for everyone?

Tsubasa:

Sorry about those, most of them are acknowledged, and we're hoping to address them in future updates. Again, my apologies...

3:14

Comment From BrianR

what insoired the doll and the vending machines? I love bothabd think they are a great addition

Tsubasa:

They're loaded with funky parts you can use to customize your avatar (used in the online lobby). Good luck collecting them all, there's quite a few!

Comment From Morpheus

just wanted to say that the daily tournaments are TRULY addictive!! Thanx for those!!

3:15

Comment From Denalin

Nice to meet you!  I remember early promotions talking about asynchronous multiplayer via 3G.  Are there any plans to add 3G multiplayer to Hot Shots Golf?  I want to play directly against my friends (not in tournaments or ad hoc).

3:15

Tsubasa:

Again, looking into it (in positive terms), please stay tuned!

3:16

Comment From Wingus

Are there any PS Vita games that you are looking forward to whether they are your own projects or others' ?

3:16

Tsubasa:

Too many, unfortunately I'd get fired if I wrote about them now!

3:18

3:19

LA_Rogue_Beatz:

Comment From Nymo

Having a touch screen for Hot Shots Golf just seems like a perfect fit. What was the thought process behind utilizing all of the Vita's features?

Tsubasa:

Very good question.

I think you have noticed all the controls from previous iterations of HSG have been "grandfathered" in. The Vita specific controls are an additional layer, so to speak, to enable more intuitive controls.

Our main focus was not to implement something for the sake of doing it. No gimmicks. Must make sense to HSG or the game of golf entirely.

You may have noticed the UI has been designed so that you don't have to let go of the Vita unit, you can simply use your thumbs on both hands to reach most of the front touch interface.

3:20

Comment From dynamite

cool!  i think that the vita is a perfect marriage for HSG, i love the way it all works together!

3:21

Comment From MattK

Is the environmental engine taken from the PSP Hot Shots games or built from scratch for Vita? It looks less detailed than the character models.

Tsubasa:

Everything was built ground up, no ports or re-usage. I thought the game took advantage of the 5in OLED screen, personally?

Comment From sesho

Hot Shots and Lumines have been my most played Vita games since launch.

Comment From Nymo

Just curious: What was your favorite new addition to World Invitational

Tsubasa:

Again, looking into it, with details to follow (hopefully soon). Stay tuned!!

3:22

Comment From CorranFox

Any plans for DLC characters/cameo's in the near future? It was fun to play with Kratos and Toro in MinGol5!

3:22

Tsubasa:

Oops, sorry I meant to respond to this

3:23

Comment From Morpheus

How long have you been working on the HSG series?

3:23

Tsubasa:

Been on and off, but I'd like to say since HSG3 on PS2? (worked in Tokyo back then) Good times.

3:24

Comment From Adam

Who is responsible for the Legacy of Golf course? I have nightmares about certain holes...

3:24

Tsubasa:

So do I! We have very skilled and creative game designers on the development team, and proud of them. Wouldn't be HSG without some funky courses right?

3:25

Comment From Guest

I like the touch feature and  tapping the cows MOOOOOOOOOO!

Comment From Rob

Will there be lobby part prizes for winning online official tournaments?

Tsubasa:

Again, good idea... (taking notes...)

3:26

Comment From NinjaMicWZ

in addition to Toro, i would also think sackboy would be a nice fit for a character, as long as they're balanced additions, and online competition doesnt get skewed or become separated by DLC

Comment From Morpheus

Wow, thats awesome that you've been on the team that long! On behalf of all of the fans and staff at HotShotsGolf.com, we thank you and your team for many many years of HSG. With each iteration of the game, it gets even better! Again, thank you!  M.

Comment From Christian

The International Tourneys are incredibly addictive. I have two questions about them: 1) They are cumulative right now but, say, if you bought the game four days after release, you're already down in the rankings. Will there ever be a reset? Or perhaps what about a week-to-week leaderboard? And 2) The points are funky in that 20 points seems the norm if you place in the top 10% (aside from a top 10 actual finish). Will this be adjusted at all?

Tsubasa:

Looking into that, on both of your points. Hopefully we can address that, and congrats to you on the high rankings! (you'd probably beat me head to head!)

3:27

Comment From Guest

any plans on bringing back putt putt mode? in the future or as a DLC?

Tsubasa:

Ah, I miss those too. Again, taking notes... (scribble)

3:28

LA_Rogue_Beatz:

3:29

Comment From BJindaheez

As long as you're taking notes I would love to see the return of the Par 3 Course from HSG 4. That was really fun

Comment From BcBud

Just like to say , a wonderful job done on hot shots golf , loving the vita version so much . Smiley Wink. Was a lil disappointed there wasn't a trophie add on for the ps3 version but mayby next one

Comment From Christian

Who is your favorite golfer to use and your favorite equipment setup?

Tsubasa:

That's like asking a parent which is their favorite child, I love them all! (but enjoy Pancho for his funny character, had a blast during voice recordings)

As for set up, I must say I like the Spin clubs/balls.

3:31

Comment From sesho

What is the significance of "impact" when choosing a club or ball?

Tsubasa:

It's really what you are looking for in terms of performance, and how the gear relates to the player character you have selected. Finding that fine line is part of the fun!

Comment From BobbyG

Thank you do much for all the hole in ones and the sand traps too (hehe) HSG has always been a big part of my life! :@)

3:32

Comment From Nymo

So, what is the future of the Hot Shots franchise now? And can we expect a new Hot Shots Tennis title soon?

3:32

Tsubasa:

Our main focus right now is to make sure we keep the game fresh (hint hint). Stay tuned for updates, some are coming to the PS blog in a few weeks!

To be con't .....

Photobucket

{

}

{

}

Message 2 of 5 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Mar 15, 2012

3:33

Comment From Christian

I love the online lobbies and I do play online from time to time... but the very slow / slow / regular shot timers are killing the enjoyment (i.e. make the putt and now I have to wait a minute and a half?!). Any plans on maybe looking to change these timers so that they're a tad bit quicker?

3:33

Tsubasa:

Frustration understood, you're probably too good!
Need to make room for as many types of players as possible.
(but your thoughts are noted, thank you)

3:34

Comment From Billy

How do you play 1 vs 1 on multiplayer?

3:34

Tsubasa:

You can take advantage of the AdHoc 1 vs 1 feature, if you haven't already?
(or did I mis-understand your question..)

3:35

LA_Rogue_Beatz:

3:37

Tsubasa:

someone asked for the URL for our blog?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/

3:37

i have  hsg screenshot as psvita lock and home screen

3:39

Comment From Senidol

Hi Tsubasa, long time fan of the franchise and glad that we have this medium to throw some thoughts and ideas at each other Smiley Happy. I have one major question regarding the online passes and the store. A lot of people in community feel alienated with the way the PSV and the stores work for region passes. It is very difficult currently to play with for example your Japanese friends and North American/European friends on one system. Any plans to try and make this process easier for fans? (Like adding each version to the PS store for all regions would fix this problem.)

Tsubasa:

Thank you, and likewise, happy to interact with all of you!

Good question, but frankly it's beyond my pay-grade!
Currently using 2 units myself, 1 for Japan and 1 for US...

Wish I had a better answer for you, sorry..

3:41

Comment From Guest

I think that not having the possibility to train on a course before beating the 18 hole tournament and buying the card is unfair. Please take it into consideration for the next game.

3:41

Tsubasa:

are you referring to the Daily Tournaments, or Challenge Mode? Challenge Mode I presume? In which case, complaint noted, and apologies for that..

I guess you can try playing the Front 9/Back 9 in the other challenges to get an idea, prior to playing the entire 18? (not the best solution, yes, but..)

3:42

Comment From Morpheus

Open Tee2 offered the ability to play players from all around the world. The need to have at least 3 different current versions on 3 different servers, doesn't' that weaken the online experience? Why not put everyone on one server?

3:42

Tsubasa:

North America and Europe are on the same server, I just played against a gentleman from the UK the other night.

3:43

LA_Rogue_Beatz:

Comment From Guest

Any chance of a night course and a neon ball ?

Tsubasa:

Now THAT would be cool!!! (again, taking notes)

3:44

Comment From Morpheus

Thank you, you answered my question in your response to Senidol.

3:44

Comment From Guest

I was referring to the Challenge Mode. NOw I've earned all the stars and I'm going for the crowns, but I would be happy if I could have trained before. Thanks for the answer.

3:45

Comment From Morpheus

This question may be too specific, but why is the 1Wood now so difficult from the tee? there is practically no pink. Its almost best to use 3W and power up. Was there a specific reason for that?

Tsubasa:

Funny you mention that. Have you ever played real golf? If you have, (or haven't for that matter) remember that sense of being nervous when you hit the ball off the tee? How difficult it is to bomb the golf ball down the fairway? Do you know how it feels when you actually DO kill the ball and hit it where you wanted to?

HSG:Wi tries to replicate that experience :-)

3:46

Comment From sesho

I second the night course. That would be so cool!

3:48

Comment From chuck

How hard was it to dev for the vita and how much potential do you think the system has as far as lifespan and game quality

3:48

Tsubasa:

To be honest, I don't know since I'm not one of the programmers/engineers...

But I do know that the PS Vita has huge potential and is the best hand held gaming device available today. I hear even more developers are on board with the system, so I'm personally looking forward to great games down the line.

3:49

Comment From mortimer

Are there any planned changes to the daily tournament format?  I don't have any ideas myself But I do love them and would love to see maybe some of the harder courses or weirder rule sets.

Tsubasa:

Trust me, we're just getting warmed up.

The tournaments in Japan (since they started earlier) are a bit tougher. We'll get there.

Comment From Guest

love the party systm with the game no more typing yay!!!!!

3:50

Comment From Christian

Just wanted to say thanks for allowing users to be in party chat while playing single player or online; it's a bummer when I'm playing a Vita game and it "disables the network features" and I can't chat with friends while playing. So thanks!

Comment From Christian

Yeah, I've noticed that they're getting progressively harder (daily tournaments). Can't wait until some Legacy of Links dailies start showing up (average score: +4... hehehe)

3:51

Comment From Senidol

Any future plans to add in a Point Match VS. ladder for online play. I think that Hot Shots Golf: OOB and Hot Shots Golf: WI have the premiere online experience already in the golf game industry, one feature many players would like to see would be a head to head ladder format for online play.

Tsubasa:

Sorry, not familiar with the "ladder" terminology, can you help me understand your Q a bit more? Thanks!

LA_Rogue_Beatz:

3:52

Comment From krae_man

Serious question now: How come divits were removed from the game since HSG3?

3:52

Tsubasa:

Probably merely a schedule issue if any? Schedules were incredibly tight preparing for a launch title. Apologies for missing that...

3:53

Comment From Roy4423

What happened to the feature where you could swipe the clouds and the time of day would change? I saw it in a video in the early stages.

Tsubasa:

I believe there is an item you can obtain from the Shop, to enable that.
Really cool, it demonstrates the power of the PS Vita where lighting changes dynamically on the fly.

3:54

Comment From Roy4423

Did not know that! Thank you so much

Comment From Morpheus

Have i just not unlocked everything....or are there only 2 matches in Platinum mode?

Tsubasa:

Correct. I'm sure you've noticed but other characters can be unlocked/obtained at the Shop as you progress in the single player campaign.

3:55

Comment From Guest

Comment From Denalin

Are there any confirmed updates coming to the game?

Tsubasa:

Confirmed updates? Yes.

Details? Stay Tuned! (seriously, I think you'll like what you'll hear)

3:56

Comment From Morpheus

Ladder system is a ranking system where players can challenge the person above them to a match, and the rankings change in real time based on match results. We have had a ladder implemented at HSG.com for OOB and for OT2. Can't wait for the match and stroke play to open up so we can begin the Ladder challenges with WI!!

3:58

3:59

Comment From Christian

I wanted to quickly mention before this was over that HSG was THE REASON why I purchased a Vita. DO know you have a very loyal & vocal fanbase here in NA (you can go to hotshotsgolf.com to see that...) and we're hanging on to any updates & announcements you have planned in the near future. Thanks!

Comment From Guest

Please tell us if there is new iteration under development of HSG on PS3?  And will be be able to remote play the PS3 version on the Vita in the future?

Tsubasa:

Unfortunately all of our resources are on the PS Vita right now, but we are planning to do a re-release of HSG/PS3 on the PSN, soon. Again, details to follow, good opportunity for those of you who don't have the BD version.

Wish I could say more!!!

4:00

Comment From Scotterotty

I love the Hot Shots Golf franchise.  Please keep the games coming Do you have a preferred ball/club combination?

Comment From NinjaMicWZ

are there any policies that would limit the scope of future DLC packs, due to the wide array of memory cards, ala the install limit PS3 used to enforce when 20 & 40GB's were still prominent?

Tsubasa:

Not sure to be honest, but from a developer's point of view we understand the concerns and try to keep those bits as compact as possible.

4:01

Tsubasa:

Nothing in particular, but I do like to Spin club/ball as it boosts your chances of them homing spin chip ins. @Scotterotty

4:02

Comment From Newfan

Is it possible to add Near support (exchanging goods) to the current Vita version?

4:02

Tsubasa:

Nothing confirmed, no promises, but looking into it!

4:03

Comment From Scotterotty

Thank you, Mr. Tsubasa

4:03

LA_Rogue_Beatz:

4:04

Comment From CorranFox

Is there something more to using the back touch screen to line up your shots? I noticed that there is a finger there, but does it do anything different? or is it just showing where your finger is in relation to the ball?

4:04

Tsubasa:

Think of the white glove that appears when you touch the rear-screen, as your range-finder. It gives you additional information about the course in relation to where your ball is now. Hopefully with that information you can build a better strategy for your game.

For instance if the fairway is slanted in one direction, the ball will roll after its carry. Use that to your benefit.

At least that's the idea.

4:06

Comment From Senidol

In past titles having the "do-or-die" shot after using up all of your power shots was a great form of risk and reward(would skull if you missed impact). In WI do you have any plans to bring this feature back, as currently we cannot hit power shots once we have used up the characters designated power?

Tsubasa:

Wow, I completely forgot about those, thanks for the memories.

Although we don't have the "do-or-die" shots, we DO have the Super Power shot mode, utilizing the motion sensor. Give the Vita a little nudge at impact and you'll get extra juice on the ball.

Close to a "do-or-die" in terms of the high-risk high-return element, I guess?

Comment From CorranFox

ohhh! ok thank you very much for the insight! This could really help my game, now to work on homing shots!

4:07

Comment From Senidol

Is there any place where fans of the series can contact the staff to share ideas or encouragement?

4:07

Tsubasa:

I'm not aware of any, unfortunately, but we will have posts on PlayStation.Blog were we can meet and interact again. Enjoying this session, actually.

4:08

SCEA:

Full URL of the blog: http://blog.us.playstation.com/

4:08

Comment From Morpheus

i've tried that nudge thing......i throws off my shot EVERY time....LOL. Need more practice i guess.

4:11

Comment From Scotterotty

I'm a little late to the conversation so maybe this question was answered but what made you decide to make a golf game?  Are you a golf fan?  Did you want to make golf more approachable (and enjoyable) to people?  I know that the Hot Shots series is what got me interested in golf.

Tsubasa:

I can't answer that entirely, as I'm not exactly the "creative mind" behind all of this, but I am indeed a golf fan. I can't remember which came first, HSG or real golf, but enjoy both with passion ever since I've encountered them.

I truly think HSG captures the sensational feeling when someone is playing real golf. Making that shot, and when the ball goes to where you want it to? It makes you want to go out and play real golf. From that, I think the team have been successful with their game design.

Golf... Much easier in HSG I must say..

4:12

Comment From LeX

Comment From Christian

Any plans for fun daily international tournament rules? Maybe a Fairway +1 rule?

Tsubasa:

Another good idea, I'm sure this is something we can look into.

No fun when it's always penalties, right?

Comment From Senidol

You have to treat the motion sensor gently, It doesn't take much to trigger the special power shot Smiley Happy. It can become a quite powerful shot in your arsenal once mastered.

Comment From Guest

i love the new putting when the ghost ball only stays on and you have to focus on the spot you picked ~get them goggles out~

4:13

LA_Rogue_Beatz:

4:14

Comment From Morpheus

Are you just involved in the development? Can you speak to anything  regarding marketing and promotion of the game?

Tsubasa:

I'm the producer.

Maybe, just maybe sounds cool, but in reality, that means the middle man that does a little bit of everything, including working with our Marketing or PR teams internally, and doing interviews with the press. It's fun!

Comment From Mike

Can we get another fantasy course?

Tsubasa:

No promises, but we'll look into it!

4:16

4:16

Tsubasa:

My favorite addition to the HSG series, must be the Vita specific features such as the Daily Tournaments already available, and Asynchronous that we're looking into for future updates.

@Nymo
Just curious: What was your favorite new addition to World Invitational 

4:18

Comment From Rob

Daily internationals were are great addition to this Vita version, can you tell us if lobby tournaments will earn points toward online rankings in the future?

4:18

Tsubasa:

Good point, will consider!

Although the mechanism (tournament structure) is different across the 2, so I'm not sure how we can implement and keep the scores logical. Food for thought, regardless. Thank you!

4:20

LA_Rogue_Beatz:

4:21

Comment From Senidol

Out of simple curiosity, was there any direct line of reasoning behind making chipping much more difficult if you miss perfect impact in this title? Similar to the question you answered earlier about the drivers.

4:21

Tsubasa:

Hmm.. Not to my knowledge on this one.

Personally I thought this version is still quite forgiving for chip-in/hole in one shots?

I've hit a few aces already, just on this edition, but then again, I've been playing before release so that's not fair eh?

Perhaps some of the characters who are categorized as better around the green are a bit more forgiving? Otherwise, make sure to read the greens before you hit that chip shot! 

4:22

Comment From Guest

looking in the photos on the game i see a game lobby thats not in the game at the moment is there work on other lobbies that othwrs can meet up?

4:22

Tsubasa:

I believe the next update may address some of your needs? Stay tuned!

4:24

Tsubasa:

Looks like we're wrapping this up, it was a great opportunity to be "connected" with you all.

Hope you are enjoying Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational, and if not, I highly recommend you go get yourself a copy. It's really a perfect game for the PS Vita, and I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Thanks everyone!

4:24

LA_Rogue_Beatz:

We'd like to thank you all for your time today.  We've really enjoyed reading all your questions and comments, and hope you have too.  Stay up to date on all the latest with Hot Shots Golf at http://us.playstation.com/psvita/games-and-media/psv-hot-shots-golf-world-invitational.html  Thanks again!
Photobucket

{

}

{

}

Message 3 of 5 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Mar 15, 2012

Howdy All,

I just wanted to give a big big THANK YOU to both Tsubasa, for a truly great Live Chat today.  As well as all of you who participated.  There were some really wonderful questions and suggestions that everyone really took to heart

I hope you all will be able to join us for the next Live Chat with Kumi Yuasa. Taking place next Wednesday March 21, 2012 at 2pm PST?/5pm EST/9pm GMT

*~Rogue Beatz~*

Photobucket

{

}

{

}

Message 4 of 5 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
2 posts

Apr 8, 2012

hi im trying to get my codes but i dont find not even the first one would you help me. Im in the ps vita games forum.

Message 5 of 5 (106 Views)
0 Likes