Oct 04 2013
By: gstitt10 Splicer 54 posts

Reasons to get camera??

4 replies 195 views Edited Oct 4, 2013
I'm on the fence on whether or not to get the playstaTion camera, I have tried searching internet for anything on it all I know of is that playroom and just dance is available for it, will eventually have hdmi output and voice recognition. Is there anything else out there any info or links to make me go "yes, I want it for that reason"

I have always seen the kinect from afar and seen some of games and fighter within for it looks quite interesting, but nothing for ps camera
Message 1 of 5 (195 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

Re: Reasons to get camera??

Oct 4, 2013

Um actually the Kinnect 2.0 is not much better than 1.0 in player tracking regardless what MS wants you to believe.

I had the Kinnect 1.0 I bought in to it foolishly as if it were going to change the game.

I was more frustrated with it than anything else. Needless to say it has spent the last few years in the closet. 

As for the PS camera, again there will be limited functionality just like with the kinnect.

Just like last gen. I don't understand why they are trying to push this camera thing so hard.

I like the control of using the CONTROLLER.

Courage is saddling up, even though your scared to death.

Atari 2600, ColecoVision, NES, Genesis, Saturn, Sega CD, PS1, PS2, PS3 (2), DS, PSP, 360, PS4, VITA
Message 2 of 5 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4392 posts

Oct 4, 2013

Easy.  And make no mistake, this is the only reason I am getting the camera.

The on screen keyboard.

Using the on screen keyboard becomes three times faster and half as frustrating with the camera, controller combination.

The controller keyboard attachment that came out for the PS3 was nearly as much as the camera, and the camera may, one day, actually be useful for something other then typing.

Be One With The Game.

Message 3 of 5 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3796 posts

Oct 4, 2013

While there may one be a limited number of games made specifically for the camera, games are making use of the camera features. Games like Drive Club will allow you to take a photo of your self and use it as an avatar. The Playroom, while more of a toy than a game has gotten really good unofficial reviews so far; some people even going so far as to say that it has been the most enjoyable experience on the PS4. Also, the  camera will allow you to talk in multi player games without using a headset. If you have friends or family in other parts of the world, you can chat with them in HD with the camera. Probably one of the least talked about features is the ability to broadcast yourself live along side the games that you allow people to spectate on and any game footage you choose to upload to twitch or ustream.

Message 4 of 5 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1465 posts

Oct 4, 2013

i assume itll be used like chatroulette

photo 4uxeSNX.jpgIn Me

Message 5 of 5 (136 Views)
0 Likes