Last Guardian
11734 posts

Re: Reasons to buy a Vita?

Jul 7, 2013

If you own a PlayStation 3 already there's really no reason you can't already download (or purchase the physically copies) for PlayStation classics such as the Final Fantasy series. Unless of course you must absolutely play these games on the go, which is something you can also do on the PSP.

The reason to buy a Vita should be for its games, with these being games that are exclusive to the platform. I agree that the Vita doesn't give gamers many good excuses to purchase a Vita. The game library isn't that vast as many of its titles can also be found elsewhere. As such, when thinking about buying a Vita you have to ask yourself if you really want to spend hundreds of dollars for what little you can take from the device.

Message 11 of 19 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

W1Z4RDRY wrote:

gemini22 wrote:

I just can't seem to find a good reason to buy a Vita.... Very few games... I like the way it looks and the idea of classic games on the go seems interesting. Also, has compatibility with ps1 games been fixed? If I did get one, I was planning on downloading all the available Final Fantasies, but I had read that not all ps1 downloads were compatible.

You can download all of the Final Fantasy games except for V. For some reason it's not on the store and if memory serves you can't even transfer it over from your PS3.

I can confirm that FF7 works just fine.

If only a few Vita-only titles appeal to you now, then wait for Tearaway, KZ:M, and B:AOB to come out and be jealous of all us Vita owners that get to enjoy them Smiley Wink

NOTE: Yes, I know B:AOB will be available on the 3DS, but it's not going to be for home consoles, so thus I'm including it here.

Message 12 of 19 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

1. The only handheld console with HD graphics / OLED screen. Graphics aren't everything, but graphics matter. Otherwise we'd still be playing in our Gameboys~.

2. Slick controls. It controls perfectly and it isn't too big nor too small to hold in your hand. I've played extensively non stop and I've never had issues pulling anything on it other than some weird combos in fighting games~.

3. It may not have as many exclusives as the 3DS but it does have its good share of them: Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, Wipeout 2048, Little Big Planet, Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation, Ragnarok Odyssey, Dokuro, Soul Sacrifice as well as the upcoming Tearaway, Killzone Mercenary, Ys: Celceta, Valhalla Knights 3 and (someday) Freedom Wars. It also boosts a very rich selection of fighting games: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Dead or Alive 5+, Street Fighter X Tekken, Mortal Kombat Vita and Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend. I'll be the first to acknowledge none of these are exclusives, ports a lot have played, but if you haven't then you get to catch up and that counts for something~.

4. Going back to the point about content, there's underlying potential in the PSV to receive content. Not just ports from consoles but also from the smartphone / tablet market. Sure, most of them are garbage, but a few are amazing. I was ecstatic when I found out Chaos Rings is coming to the PSV through PSM. It leaves the door open to many other mobile games of AAA quality to make the jump over and in that, we all win. If CR does well there's nothing preventing games like The World Ends With You from being ported over and that in itself wides the horizon a bit more~.

5. I am not a fan of them, but the Indie scene has shown a lot of support for the PSV short and long term. Which means you'll not be without options to fill the gaps between bigger releases. That there are enough Indie games to warrant their own section on the PSN should tell you something~.

6. Hardware. Duh. It's all about games but the more powerful the hardware the more possibilities said games will have and in that, while it's still unfulfilled, the PSV remains a really promising platform~.

Message 13 of 19 (174 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1160 posts

Jul 7, 2013

gemini22 wrote:

I just can't seem to find a good reason to buy a Vita.... Very few games... I like the way it looks and the idea of classic games on the go seems interesting. Also, has compatibility with ps1 games been fixed? If I did get one, I was planning on downloading all the available Final Fantasies, but I had read that not all ps1 downloads were compatible.

Because it is a great console with great games and very nice controls.

Actually has a great selection of great games. In the retail stores no but in the online store there are plenty of games to keep you occupied...unless you are a sports guy then you may want psp ports.

Yes having games on the go is fantastic with the Vita's great portability. 

Yes the PS1 support offers over 100 PS1 classics and there are about 6 or 7 Final Fantasy games on their.

Just got a PS3! Add me for some online action
Message 14 of 19 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Jul 7, 2013
seriously....the next time one of these threads pop up it should be immediately locked....every few days there is another one of these threads with the exact same subject......I have a Vita and I love for the media I can watch on it....the fact that when I'm in a WiFi area I can access my PS3 and read any media thats stored on my USB cable thats plugged into me PS3.....and I'll be gettin a second Vita...a Blue one for my Europe PS+ account.....those are my reasons....
Message 15 of 19 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11299 posts

Jul 7, 2013

gemini22 wrote:

If you can't find good reasons to purchase it for yourself, then I'm afraid no one here will be able to convince you to buy one. I bought mine at launch last year and have not yet regretted it. However many others have regretted their purchases.

Actually it has several games. Even if 99% of the games do not appeal to you, that does not mean that there are very few games for the Vita.

I have Final Fantasy VI and IX on the Vita and they both work on it. I presume the rest do too. I don't know as I haven't downloaded them to it.

This is correct. Not all PS 1 games are compatible with the PS Vita. Last I saw though there are many classics available for download on the Vita.

Message 16 of 19 (144 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Jul 8, 2013

i have no idea

http://uk.playstation.com/media/55acuiVM/dualshock_system.jpg
Message 17 of 19 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Jul 8, 2013

As of right now, I do not own a vita. However, it doesn't mean I am against one. It is an amazing piece of technology. WIth things like cross-save and cross-play, this device is really cool and unique. When the ps4 comes out and I see that remote play works really well, then I will most defintely get one. Until then, I will save my money.

Message 18 of 19 (118 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Jul 8, 2013
That's exactly how I feel myself. I may be more encouraged once I get my ps4
Message 19 of 19 (103 Views)
0 Likes