Reply
Jul 07 2013
By: gemini22 First Son 3 posts
Offline

Reasons to buy a Vita?

18 replies 365 views Edited Jul 7, 2013

I just can't seem to find a good reason to buy a Vita.... Very few games... I like the way it looks and the idea of classic games on the go seems interesting. Also, has compatibility with ps1 games been fixed? If I did get one, I was planning on downloading all the available Final Fantasies, but I had read that not all ps1 downloads were compatible.

Message 1 of 19 (365 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 09/05/2012
Offline
8191 posts
 

Re: Reasons to buy a Vita?

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

gemini22 wrote:

I just can't seem to find a good reason to buy a Vita.... Very few games... I like the way it looks and the idea of classic games on the go seems interesting. Also, has compatibility with ps1 games been fixed? If I did get one, I was planning on downloading all the available Final Fantasies, but I had read that not all ps1 downloads were compatible.


You have to remember it is still a young portable console. There is much time for more games to be devoloped; not to mention the Remote Play capabilities the PS4 will give it. 3G is the way to go.

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 2 of 19 (356 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 06/26/2013
Offline
3 posts
 

Re: Reasons to buy a Vita?

Jul 7, 2013
I don't think I'll be getting 3G if I do get one since it's not compatible with verizon. Don't need another data plan chewing up my checking account Smiley Tongue
Message 3 of 19 (347 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 09/05/2012
Offline
8191 posts
 

Re: Reasons to buy a Vita?

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

gemini22 wrote:
I don't think I'll be getting 3G if I do get one since it's not compatible with verizon. Don't need another data plan chewing up my checking account Smiley Tongue

I do agree but I travel alot so it helps me alot Smiley Happy

 

But like I said it is still a young console. There might not be a huge game collection to your liking, but give it some time and I am sure there will be more.

 

 

* I will not be held responsible if you hate the vita after you buy it if you do choose to buy it *

 

 

PS: I love my Vita

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 4 of 19 (343 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 11/26/2007
Offline
1846 posts
 

Re: Reasons to buy a Vita?

Jul 7, 2013

FiveFourteen wrote:

gemini22 wrote:
I don't think I'll be getting 3G if I do get one since it's not compatible with verizon. Don't need another data plan chewing up my checking account Smiley Tongue

I do agree but I travel alot so it helps me alot Smiley Happy

 

But like I said it is still a young console. There might not be a huge game collection to your liking, but give it some time and I am sure there will be more.

 

 

* I will not be held responsible if you hate the vita after you buy it if you do choose to buy it *

 

 

PS: I love my Vita


Yea I love my Vita too. It's a Wifi model. And I just adore it. I use it everyday for almost everything. The way I figure it, I don't NEED a smartphone because I have my Vita and it takes care of all those things, just without the -phone part. Twitter app, FB app, Skype, etc. I use all of those almost every day. And I'm going to LOVE having it even more when I pick up my PS4 on launch day.


Get your Portable ID!
Motorstorm 80GB Bundle w/ 320GB HDD
Message 5 of 19 (334 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 11/29/2010
Offline
803 posts
 

Re: Reasons to buy a Vita?

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

Three reasons to buy a PlayStation Vita:

1) The PlayStation Store. Sure if you look past the PS3 crossovers, PSP games and PSP minis there's still some PS Vita games for you to enjoy. That my friend is entirely up for you to decide which one to buy.

2) The battery life. This beauty can last for up to an estimated 3 to 5 hours.

3) The amazing games the PS Vita has to offer. You're getting many sequels and ports. Top it all off with some indie games, and you get yourself the beautiful PS Vita.

 

I highly reccomend getting a PlayStation Vita, well worth your money.

 

I was kidding of course, don't get the PlayStation Vita.

Message 6 of 19 (314 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 07/06/2013
Offline
20 posts
 

Re: Reasons to buy a Vita?

Jul 7, 2013
When you bought it.

You really feel like you bought true for your money.

Its a high quality product.
Message 7 of 19 (298 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 02/25/2012
Offline
891 posts
 

Re: Reasons to buy a Vita?

Jul 7, 2013

gemini22 wrote:

I just can't seem to find a good reason to buy a Vita.... Very few games... I like the way it looks and the idea of classic games on the go seems interesting. Also, has compatibility with ps1 games been fixed? If I did get one, I was planning on downloading all the available Final Fantasies, but I had read that not all ps1 downloads were compatible.


You can download all of the Final Fantasy games except for V. For some reason it's not on the store and if memory serves you can't even transfer it over from your PS3.

 

Aside from having access to most of the big games from Psone and PSP, there are some good Vita games. I don't mean indie either. There aren't a lot at this point in all honesty. Looking at the shelf at any game store or gaming section will tell you this but the potential the Vita has is enormous. I strongly feel that after the PS4 launches there will be an increase in Vita sales which will lead to more 3rd party support from the developers we all know and love.

 

I hope so anyway! lol

 photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Message 8 of 19 (292 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/17/2008
Offline
4292 posts
 

Re: Reasons to buy a Vita?

Jul 7, 2013

I was thinking of buying a Vita too. Primary reasons being Uncharted Golden Abyss and the PS4 functionality. But it just isn't enough, so I have put it on hold. I will probably buy one in the future when there's more reasons to buy it.

Message 9 of 19 (279 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 06/26/2013
Offline
345 posts
 

Re: Reasons to buy a Vita?

Jul 7, 2013
Stop drinkin that sony koolaid... is it BS flavored?? rofl...
______________________________________________________________

~ What? The devil don't take checks, I tried to send a message to god his phone don't take texts.. ~
Message 10 of 19 (270 Views)
Reply
0 Likes