Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Re: Reasons YOU bought the Vita.

Jan 10, 2013

unlike most people i receieved a Vita for christmas from my dad. I am a PS3 gamer, but to be honest i had no prior knowledge of the PS Vita besides cross play gaming. Instantly i fell in love with the handheld and i am a huge nintendo fan so thats saying a lot. Like i have said very many times before this is no longer a simple handheld gaming device, its a multiplatform multimedia console with games. Games are lacking as of now, but we have recently been getting new titles, and this year is going to be a big year for Sony if they do what they need to and push out as much big developer games as they can. 

New PS Vita Player! Looking for new friends Add me! ( KombatKingx209 )
Message 21 of 43 (231 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jan 10, 2013

I got the Vita on day one and love it. The main reason I bought it was because I take the train to and from work so it made sense, not to the wife, but to me yea.  LoL.  But on the reals, I have played Gravity Rush, Need For Speed, Sound Shapes, Metal Gear Collection, LBP, and more and love it.  Remote Play is lacking but I have enjoyed playing Tokyo Jungle on the Vita when the wife is watching TV so that's awesome.  

I am also a Sony fanboy but don't let that fool you into thinking I only see one side of how the Vita is holding up.  I Google Vita at least a few times a day to see what new news there is and lately it has been pretty **bleep** quiet which scares the hell out of me but I have faith Sony is doing something behind the scenes to spark interest in the console.  

Message 22 of 43 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
188 posts

Jan 11, 2013

Love at first sight!

Message 23 of 43 (190 Views)
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2013
Spoiler

1.) The 2 Ghz processsor

2.) The 960 x 544 OLED screen

3.) The coming of  Resistance: Burning Skies

4.) The coming of Ridge Racer

5.) The coming of The Pinball Arcade

6.) The promise it held as being a great successor to the already fine PSP - 3000 unit. :smileyhappy:

7.) The promise of being able to transfer over my HUGE PSP library to Vita,not! LIARS!!!! :smileysad:   :smileysad:  :smileymad:

8.) Uncharted: Golden Abyss and others looked amazing!! :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

9.) The future of the Vita and Sony looked VERY STRONG before the launch happened,not so sure nowadays. :smileysad:  :smileysad:  Optimistic though.

10.) The future of The Pinball Arcade looks bright,possibly. <unsure> <prays>

Need to scratch that retro need you have?Try Video 61!
We're at: www.atarisales.com and video61@tcq.net
We can fill every Atari or etc need be it sales or service. :smileyhappy:

Formerly known as PSP509 and JediKnight509 on the PSP Forum and PSN Leaderboards! :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
Video Gamer Extraodinaire!!! :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
Message 24 of 43 (175 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Jan 11, 2013

The main was because I liked PSP.

The second was because I became part of old Playstation forum and the culutre back than was wild and full of speculation about PSP and PSP2. The most popular concept art of PSP's succesor can be seen below,

After NGP was announced (VITA's reveal day codename) Playstation forums kept on being re-designed and a lot of the old topics became irrelevant/lost and a lot of the community that contributed to the original discussions disbanded (some of which I spoke to in threads and PM's). 

I had been saving up to buy a the PSP's succesor anyways, but I enjoyed informing myself and informing strangers on the old forums about rumors, speculation, etc on PSP2. Thanks to those people who talked about PSP2, the wait for VITA to get here was full of diversion and fun. ^_^

Message 25 of 43 (166 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Jan 11, 2013

I bought a Vita thinking that there would be a wide Selection of RPGs for it. I'd like to play some of the RPGs that were out on Japan such as Tales of series, Malicious Rebirth, Final Fantasy series, and many Others by Atlus, NIS, Square Enix, etc.. Seems more likely to me that there's a limited amount of PSVita titles here on NA. Comparing both the Japanese PSN and the NA (North American) PSN. It's more likely that the Japanese PSN has a wide selection of PSVita games than what NA has to offer. Hopefully some of those amazing titles will get imported and distributed.

Message 26 of 43 (163 Views)
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

Jan 11, 2013

I got my vita for Christmas. Its the best handheld out. Its like a handheld tablet. The PS Vita can do SOOO much. I love it. No regrets. Games i looked forward to are: Uncharted, Resistance, Gravity Rush, Ragnarok Odyssey. Cant wait for that Killzone game to come out!!

Message 27 of 43 (161 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jan 11, 2013

I got the Vita because I had extra money lying around. Shouldn't have rushed to get it but I don't really regret it too much. There aren't THAT many games that are must plays for me yet. I have Disgaea 3, Ragnarok Odyssey which I got today, Lumines which is maddenly addicting, and a handful of other free titles from PS+. I'm intently waiting for better titles. The Vita has awesome potential, they just need to make more games for it.

That being said, I'm still going to pick up a 3DS when I get the chance because there are a few games that I want to play on that as well. I hate missing exclusives.

Message 28 of 43 (154 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Jan 11, 2013

1) Having gotten much enjoyment out of my PSP, the next step up was the logical choice

2) I regret that I bought my PSP late (2008), so I didn't want to make the same mistake with the Vita.  That's why I bought it at launch.

3) My PSP memory card is too small to play the larger games.

4) I collect handhelds

Message 29 of 43 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2607 posts

Jan 11, 2013

I got it because it was a new PlayStation Hardware, and I always buy the new hardware

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Message 30 of 43 (136 Views)
0 Likes