Treasure Hunter
7402 posts

my first reason was because of psn ( you get the whole pl...

Jan 9, 2013

my first reason was because of psn ( you get the whole playstation network in the palm of your hands ) now i can talk/text my psn friends if other people are using the tv on my house, then the games i wanted to play Uncharted, Wipeout and Escape Plan at launch and thats exactly what i did then i bought Resistance, Gravity, Little Big Planet, Playstation All Stars, Oddworld, Sonic&All Stars and others so i have plenty to play ( specially online ) i wonder when are we gonna get an online only multiplayer game ala Warhawk on the vita. Anyways i think the best is yet to come, i'm impatiently waiting for Sly Cooper Thieves in Time!!!! oh i almost forgot sometimes i use Netflix and Twitter on the system as well. 

Message 11 of 43 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Re: Reasons YOU bought the Vita.

Jan 9, 2013

1) It got cheap. I bought the Vita Black Ops bundle for $200.

2) It's superior to the PSP in almost every respect, even the price. Factoring in inflation, the Vita is cheaper than the PSP. A thanks to the Chinese, I guess.

3) It's superior to the Nintendo portables.

4) My PS3 broke down (those dang moving parts!). I wasn't playing it anyway.

After buying Unit 13 for 40% off ($17.99) on Black Friday, I set aside all other forms of entertainment, which saved me money. Unit 13 is my 3rd most favorite game of all time.

Message 12 of 43 (193 Views)
Lombax Warrior
94 posts

Jan 9, 2013
Just got PSV yesterday and its sweet black opps is bad a$$ on the vita it's easy to play n I tore it up
Message 13 of 43 (189 Views)
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Jan 10, 2013

At first, I was all jumpy from things I wanted the Vita for.  First was UMVC3, and then Gravity Rush and finally P4G.  The thing that always stayed the same was how powerful it is.  I may be wrong, but the Vita seems way more powerful than the 3DS, so I assumed it had more potential.  It still seems that way, but it's yet to reach that potential.

Message 14 of 43 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Jan 10, 2013

I'm a PC gamer and hadn't personally owned a console since the original PlayStation.

I felt the PS Vita was a good compromise - it gave me access to some console exclusives, while giving me some gaming-on-the-go capabilities. Being a PC Gamer, I would always choose a PC version over any of the consoles for multi-platform titles, so buying a PS3, 360, or WiiU would be a complete waste of money, IMO.

I chose the Vita over the 3DS for a couple reasons. First off, I liked the games available for the Vita over the 3DS. Not a Pokemon fan, Mario is just the same as when I played it 15 yrs ago, too many kiddie games, etc. To me, the Vita offered a more "mature" gaming experience. Also...the graphics...OMG. As I'm sure you're aware after testing it out, games really do look amazing on them. Sometimes you get a rendering lag, but never too distracting. Another reason why I'd never buy a 3DS is because the 3D is a complete joke. Every person I know who has one turned off the 3D after a week of use. So all it winds up being is a glorified DS. When the 3DS was unveiled, Nintendo said it was revolutionary...I don't feel like rewarding them with my money for a complete eff-up.

I bought my Vita on Black Friday. I was purposely waiting for the AC3L bundle (not because I necessarily wanted AC3L but because I was waiting for a WiFi-only bundle and that was the first announced). Since it was releasing a month before black friday, I figured I might as well wait until then just in case it was discounted, and lo and behold, it was $50 cheaper. SCORE!

I don't regret my purchase one bit and I'm definitely still playing it a lot. PS+ is a great investment for it. The only game I've actually bought is PSABR.

Message 15 of 43 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
355 posts

Jan 10, 2013

for me I had a ps3 but I didn't use it that much (1.I'm not a big gamer. 2. I don't like to sit infront of the big tv screen and play games lol) however I didn't own a psp before and I was thinking about getting one then I found about the vita and it could play some psp games so I bought my vita and even sold my ps3 after cuz for me it's like the vita have all the games I really wanted to play plus psp games and I didn't regret buying my vita at all but somtimes I feel disappointed because when I checked some of the vita games on youtube I saw games like gundam seed and back then I heared about other titles coming out soon like fate stay night (here I didn't check if they were available in the us playstation store) after buying my vita I found that these games are not available in the us but still I love the vita and don't regret buying it at all and I hate the time when I can't play on my vita because of work lol (I even gave up on buying an Ipad cuz the vita do everything I want ^^ <3 my vita)

Message 16 of 43 (150 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jan 10, 2013
I principally purchased a Vita for 3 main reasons.

1. Sony introduced a value bundle which included a game and memory card at no additional cost.

2. Sony included the Vita in the PS+ program.

3. Sony allowed retailers to sell the Vita for under $200 for Black Friday.
Message 17 of 43 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Jan 10, 2013

I bought it because I am a huge Sony fanboy. I love it because it's an amazing piece of hardware but am also disappointed in the lack of 3rd party support. The fact companies like Square and Capcom are ignoring it has me really worried. 

You mentioned buying a Vita would put off buying a 3DS. You need to take a good look at not only the games that are currently out but also the games that have upcoming release dates and games that are in development. While the Vita has couple of potentially* good games coming out soon the 3DS has a boat load coming soon. 

Good luck deciding and I think you will be pleased either way. Both are really awesome pieces of hardware.

*I used the word "potentially* because games like Resistance and COD were supposed to be awesome and really were not. So I am taking a wait and see attitude on games like Soul Sacrifice, Tearaway, and Killzone.

Message 18 of 43 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
640 posts

Jan 10, 2013

honestly for psp games on psone games on the go and for the oled screen. that screen is just VIBRANT and makes older games look incredible. never owned  a psp. so basically... win win for me.  Smiley Happy

sold my 2nd 60 gig ps3 and got my vita. system is awesome.

Equality for all
Message 19 of 43 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
355 posts

Jan 10, 2013

superfriar19 wrote:

I bought it because I am a huge Sony fanboy. I love it because it's an amazing piece of hardware but am also disappointed in the lack of 3rd party support. The fact companies like Square and Capcom are ignoring it has me really worried. 

You mentioned buying a Vita would put off buying a 3DS. You need to take a good look at not only the games that are currently out but also the games that have upcoming release dates and games that are in development. While the Vita has couple of potentially* good games coming out soon the 3DS has a boat load coming soon. 

Good luck deciding and I think you will be pleased either way. Both are really awesome pieces of hardware.

*I used the word "potentially* because games like Resistance and COD were supposed to be awesome and really were not. So I am taking a wait and see attitude on games like Soul Sacrifice, Tearaway, and Killzone.

well this is my opinion but right now there are alot of games and by the time he play them all there will be another set of games and for cod I know its not perfect but its a ok game I can play it without problems only few crashes here and there but I had the same crashes when I played cod on my old ps3

Message 20 of 43 (141 Views)
0 Likes