Jan 09 2013
By: EstraySheep First Son 28 posts
Accepted Solution

Reasons YOU bought the Vita.

42 replies 607 views Edited Jan 9, 2013

I'm looking into getting a Vita this year, but if I do that, I will be putting of the 3ds for another year more than likely. I go back and forth over which hand-held to pick up first, and lately Vita is taking the lead. I am seeing more and more vita games I want to play, and after recently having the chance to try one out for a brief period of time, found that I rather liked it. 

But I would like to hear why the Vita owners out there like or dislike the system. What made you buy it, what keeps you playing it. Do you love it still or has it become something of a regret? 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 43 (607 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
94 posts

Re: Reasons YOU bought the Vita.

Jan 9, 2013
Originally, I wanted to buy it for the port of FFX, but I haven't heard anything about it lately, so I'm a TINY bit regretful. I still love my Vita though. I admit, there aren't THAT many games that I've gotten really into, but it has it's fair share of decent games. Plus, the second analog stick is amazing, which is pretty much the main reason I favor it over the 3DS. Heck, I got a 3DS 2 weeks ago and want to sell it already.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 43 (600 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11427 posts

Jan 9, 2013

I bought the Vita because I had money to blow.

I already had the 3DS, so I didn't have to choose between the two.

So far, it's been:

Single player games: 3DS I've invested a LOT more time into. Just picked up Tales of the Abyss a few days ago and it's really nice.

Multiplayer online: Vita takes the cake, but only because of Ragnarok Odyssey. There still isn't a really decent FPS yet (which is a shame). Though I do play MK7 and such on the 3DS as well. I also tend to use cross save for MLB 12 The Show.

I'm just waiting for some FF title.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 43 (595 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 9, 2013

I bought my Vita on release day and it hasn't really shown its value until now that bigger releases are out.

As far as I'm concerned it is the first handheld that can produce graphics on a level that I find acceptable for portable gaming

- and as such I'm very pleased with the product itself.

If they can produce quality first party titles and get third party support with games that aren't ports or crossplay or remakes then I'd say buying it was the right choice. But for 2013 it seems we only have first party titles and a bunch of japanese third party games that'll never see the light of day in the EU/US market.

I like the Vita. I have fun with the Vita. But I can't shake the feeling that two years from now it will be completely carried by Sony themselves. My one regret would be that I can't feel any confidence in the system's longevity and it makes me reluctant to invest more money in it.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 43 (584 Views)
First Son
28 posts

Jan 9, 2013

I'd like to thank all of you for sharing your personal experiances with the Vita. It's given me some good, solid perspectives to think on before I decided when to get it for myself. I really want to express how much I appreciate your responses, its a really nice change to see from other forums I have visited. 

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 43 (574 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1046 posts

Jan 9, 2013

I bought a vita when they said they were going to put ps1 games on also. But they all are not on there yet. And  to play the psp games I haven't played yet. But all of them are not on there yet neather. I also bought it because I thought they would fix the browser by now. But they have not. There is some very cool apps on it. But most do not have all the features on them yet. They have a few real good games on it. But most are just ok. But they will fix this by the first year. Well mabe by the next show. Or the one after.Or at lest by the one after that. That is what they are telling me on here anyway. I guess I bought it because .............. well because.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 43 (572 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2416 posts

Jan 9, 2013
I bought my PSV because I could, I was on a trip to London, it was launch date and I wanted to get one on day one as opposed to later on like it happened with the PSP~.

I bought it when I did because I thought Sony's support for it would be strong; admittedly, every month / event that goes by, that notion becomes weaker. There are a lot of things playing against the PSV, but to me the biggest is Sony themselves. With the condintion it's in, I'm baffled they aren't making it their priority to excel~.

I never expected it to do better than the 3DS nor did I care about it, I just wanted an alternative like the PSP was back then. There are a lot of good things about the PSV, mind you: excellent hardware, slick controls, some good original games. But I'm afraid that, for me, the bad outweights the good~.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 43 (567 Views)
Fender Bender
2918 posts

Jan 9, 2013

EstraySheep wrote:

But I would like to hear why the Vita owners out there like or dislike the system. What made you buy it, what keeps you playing it. Do you love it still or has it become something of a regret? 

1. I'm a Sony fan. That's what really made me buy it.

2. Emm... nothing really. I mean, the only thing I play is Pinball Arcade or just use the internet on it.

3. Sort of. I mean, I bought it to support Sony and I won't regret that, but the Vita has died for me a lil bit. I've enjoyed it, but I think there's not much to do on it anymore.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 43 (553 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
889 posts

Jan 9, 2013

I got one because it looks promising. Also because there are a bunch of PSP games I never got to play when I had one so now I have the chance in the future.

I like that handhelds always get some good RPGs too so that helps. Game Boy Advance, DS and PSP had A LOT of RPGs so hopefully we see a bunch on Vita.

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 43 (538 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3928 posts

Jan 9, 2013
Same as glacius...had money to blow.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 43 (528 Views)
0 Likes