Hekseville Citizen
316 posts

Re: Rate Playstation Plus (members only please)

May 21, 2011

MISTA_MAC74 wrote:

So I guess I shouldn't waste my money than?

If you normally spend money on Minis, downloadable games, themes, and avatars, then PS Plus is great for you. If you're like me and you really only pay for games from a crisp Blu-Ray case and play disc games only, then no.

carltons dance Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 51 of 73 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
735 posts

May 21, 2011

Thanx u just saved me some money

Message 52 of 73 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
767 posts

May 21, 2011

Hey everyone,

Let's try to stay on-topic please!

As per the OP, please reply to the PlayStation Plus questions if you are a member.

Thank you,

- Retrobilly

Message 53 of 73 (10 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

May 22, 2011

AlphaRed5 wrote:

1. 1: The free games given is garbage I wouldn't waste time on in the first place.

It is a fairly well known fact around here that I am happy with PS+; obviously you are not.  With that said, I find it a little disingenuous to call the free games 'garbage ' - it is your opinion, but seriously, do you think the games given to date are total trash?  If anyone wants to debate the merits of the content given to date, they should take a look at this thread.

A sampling of the free games to date that PS+ has offered:  Sonic the Hedgehog 1-2, Stacking, Digger HD, Lead & Gold, Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse (Episodes 1-5), Shatter, Zen Pinball, Critter Crunch, and WipEout HD.

While you may not like any of these games, and may not waste your time with any of these games, one only has to look on metacritic to see that the games are not garbage.

Message 54 of 73 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1507 posts

May 22, 2011

Had it since day 1..love it......     images.jpg

Old Gamers Don't Die... They Re Spawn...
Message 55 of 73 (10 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
316 posts

May 26, 2011

jcalvert wrote:

AlphaRed5 wrote:

1. 1: The free games given is garbage I wouldn't waste time on in the first place.

It is a fairly well known fact around here that I am happy with PS+; obviously you are not.  With that said, I find it a little disingenuous to call the free games 'garbage ' - it is your opinion, but seriously, do you think the games given to date are total trash?  If anyone wants to debate the merits of the content given to date, they should take a look at this thread.

A sampling of the free games to date that PS+ has offered:  Sonic the Hedgehog 1-2, Stacking, Digger HD, Lead & Gold, Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse (Episodes 1-5), Shatter, Zen Pinball, Critter Crunch, and WipEout HD.

While you may not like any of these games, and may not waste your time with any of these games, one only has to look on metacritic to see that the games are not garbage.

One mans deleted megabytes are another mans source of fun. To each his own. I really don't watch or read game reviews, because I don't care what other people have to say about them, as their opinions (gamespot, metacritic, ign, my brother) don't determine what I buy. So to me, Stacking, Digger HD, Lead & Gold, Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse (Episodes 1-5), Shatter, Zen Pinball, Critter Crunch, and WipEout HD, are all as good to me as an internet flash game. Sonic 1 and 2, however, I would've bought and will when the subscription expires. I mistaked PS+ as a service (of which the only one provided is cloud save). For those who regularly spend money on downloadable games and content (such as yourself), PS+ is a great, if not, necessary subscription. I just find it hard to pay for "Lead & Gold" when Red Dead Redemption is on my shelf, "Sam & Max" when I could fire up the old Windows 98 Gateway and play "Where in the world is Carmen San Diego?", and "Zen Pinball" when I could count sticks.

Message 56 of 73 (10 Views)
First Son
28 posts

May 31, 2011

See ya on line,KZ3 is a Killa- hope you have the sharpshooter as well Weeee

Message 57 of 73 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
375 posts

May 31, 2011

1.lately b4 shutdown no.stoped at sam and max. 2

2.cant satisfy all.yes.ill try new game if its on discounted list.5

3.yes 8

4.seen few. happy just to b part of it.10

5.yes. 10

6.of course not but its a trial.what more can u give.1 hour is plenty of time to decide 10

7.yes. 10

8.i feel even though seems like takes awhile for change of games i without a doubt got my moneys worth. 10

bonus q's

1. free games with trophies is what i like best.

2. takes 2 long for new games

3. as a biz i cant give the best games away but i can earn my way to them by a point system.every month say u get 3500 plus points

if i choose to spend my whole 3500 on say infamous or break it up 1000 points for sonic or u get idea points roll over next month if unused. also bonus points for bringing in a friend.if i want a new releaase game its going to cost alot of points.i can save or bring in as much people as posible. brings in more members for business im happy to pay my members bonus.every 1 wins.

Message 58 of 73 (10 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Jun 4, 2011

AlphaRed5 wrote:

One mans deleted megabytes are another mans source of fun. To each his own. I really don't watch or read game reviews, because I don't care what other people have to say about them, as their opinions (gamespot, metacritic, ign, my brother) don't determine what I buy. So to me, Stacking, Digger HD, Lead & Gold, Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse (Episodes 1-5), Shatter, Zen Pinball, Critter Crunch, and WipEout HD, are all as good to me as an internet flash game. Sonic 1 and 2, however, I would've bought and will when the subscription expires. I mistaked PS+ as a service (of which the only one provided is cloud save). For those who regularly spend money on downloadable games and content (such as yourself), PS+ is a great, if not, necessary subscription. I just find it hard to pay for "Lead & Gold" when Red Dead Redemption is on my shelf, "Sam & Max" when I could fire up the old Windows 98 Gateway and play "Where in the world is Carmen San Diego?", and "Zen Pinball" when I could count sticks.

I am late to respond because I can never get sign-on to this damn board without receiving a 'down for maintenance' page.  I did want to take a quick minute and say 'great reply' - seriously.  It is nice to get a well-formed opposing opinion, that does not dribble into name calling and four letter words.

Not that you will care, but do you know what part of your reply I most appreciate?  The first part on opinions.  I have been writing reviews for years; started back on usenet in the mid-90's, moved on to Sports Reviewers, and finally started Calvert Games, although that last bit moved away from reviews because I hate writing reviews, however I am starting to digress.  The point being that opinions are useful (in my opinion, ha!), but there is nothing like forming your own opinion and being your own person.

I do have to get in one last PS+ cheer; in addition to the cloud service, PS+ offers the auto-download feature.  While some have had issues with this feature, I have found it enormously useful.

Message 59 of 73 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
553 posts

Jun 13, 2011

surfthelast1 wrote:

I want Sony to get some real quality feedback from its Playstation Plus members so please serious posters. Just answer the questions 1 through 10. 1 being the worst, 10 being the best.

1. Quality of Free games (are they good enough?)

2. Discounts on games your interested in

3. Quality of Free avatars and themes

4. Beta opportunities (happy or unhappy with invitations)

5. Quality of Full Game trials

6. Length of Full game trials (are you happy with 60 mins)

7. Are you happy with the Exclusive offers? (Uncharted 3 avatar, etc...)

8. Overall satisfaction with Plus?

Questions you can answer

1. What do you like most about Playstation Plus?

2. What do you like least about Playstation Plus?

3. What changes would you make personally? ( remember this is a business, think of it as your running the show )

1. No, they aren't good enough. There has not been one free game since Pix'n Love Rush that has been great, but that's my opinion. I signed up when Pix'n Love Rush and Spyro 3 was free.

2. Not enticing enough. I think they need to be at least 40-50% off in order to jump out.

3. There have been very little free avatars. The themes are great.

4. Early access doesn't do much for me, seeing as free users get them anyways.

5. Don't use them

6. Don't use them

7. Huh? I got that avatar before I signed up...

8. Dissatisfied.

Questions I can answer.

1. The free content

2. Sony's choice of the free content. It isn't very good 80% of the time.

3. Allow users to choose what content they want. That way America won't get shafted nearly as much as they do when compared to Europe.

DarkAkatosh sig
Message 60 of 73 (10 Views)
0 Likes