Oct 26 2012
By: Mercenary09 Treasure Hunter 4457 posts

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault Out 11/27 for $19.99

13 replies 176 views Edited Oct 26, 2012

+ Posted by James Stevenson // Senior Community Manager, Insomniac Games

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault

The 10th Anniversary of Ratchet & Clank is coming up next month, and it’s been a lot of fun this year reliving the memories from our original PS2 games in the recently released Ratchet & Clank Collection. We also had a blast playing the beta of “>Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault with all of you earlier this fall. Since then, we’ve gotten a flood of e-mails, tweets and Facebook posts asking when you can get back to exploring the battlefield and defending your base in FFA.

We’re happy to announce Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault will be available on November 27th on the PlayStation Store and at retail. That’s right, you asked and we listened: Full Frontal Assault will be available as a retail copy for those of you who love physical copies of your games! Both the download and retail versions support cross-buy as well, so your purchase gets you both the game on PS3 and a digital copy for PlayStation Vita.

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault

The other big question we’ve gotten a lot is “How much will the game cost?” As you know, Full Frontal Assault is a “fun-size” project that’s similar in scope to Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty. But Full Frontal is actually bigger than Booty (sorry, couldn’t resist), as we’ve added tons of new features, including the new base assault and defense elements. An even bigger addition to Full Frontal Assault is the replay value we packed in with online / split-screen co-op, and online competitive modes. Most importantly, while the experience itself may be more condensed, the game quality is bursting at the seams. We’re very proud of what we’ve created.

As such, we’re especially excited to announce that Full Frontal Assault is launching for just $19.99. Considering you get a brand-new Ratchet & Clank game for your PS3 and PS Vita, with cross-save and cross-play support for the game’s co-op and competitive multiplayer, it’s a deal that’s hard to refuse.

That’s all for now! We hope you’re excited about Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault’s launch on November 27th; if you have questions, we’ll try to answer them below!

Message 1 of 14 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Re: Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault Out 11/27 for $19.99

Oct 26, 2012
Oh man, that's actually an amazing deal / news. Definitely stuff I'll pick up for Christmas~.
Message 2 of 14 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4457 posts

Oct 26, 2012
Message 3 of 14 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2012

What the.....? This came out of left field. Last time I had Gamestop print me off a Vita games list, it showed not until beginning of next year. Sounds good to me, I'm sure my boys will have this as their top pick to play in the van on the way to my Dad's for Christmas.

Only thing is I don't see this anywhere for preorder. Not Gamestop, Best Buy, PSN... Anyone know why they don't have it listed anywhere? Not even a place holder. Can't wait.

Edit: Nevermind, I found this posted on the blog.

The retail version includes a PS3 disc w/ the game on it. You can then use that disc in your PS3 to unlock the Vita version for your Vita.

There isn’t a physical Vita card version.

Message 4 of 14 (154 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1020 posts

Oct 26, 2012

Game looks beautiful, for $20 with multiplayer and cross-play this will be a must buy for me

Message 5 of 14 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
758 posts

Oct 26, 2012

Does anybody know if they'll sell a Vita only download for those of us that don't own a PS3?

Message 6 of 14 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2012

submission44 wrote:

Does anybody know if they'll sell a Vita only download for those of us that don't own a PS3?

I am pretty sure.

Edit: "Both the download and retail versions support cross-buy as well, so your purchase gets you both the game on PS3 and a digital copy for PlayStation Vita."

Message 7 of 14 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2012

submission44 wrote:

I just posted the below question over there. Seems like we should get a discount for only purchasing the Vita version. Wouldn't you think? Maybe should cost $15.

Hopefully you’re still here to answer this.

So you can buy the PS3 version that will come with a digital copy of the Vita version. Now my questions are.

Am I able to buy only the Vita version (I don’t have a PS3)?

How much is it to only pick up the Vita version if we can?

Will I have to purchase an online pass for it or will it come with one?

Edit: Here's the reply I got:

+ James Stevenson on October 26th, 2012 at 10:21 am said:

There is no online pass.

The digital version of the game is 19.99, and it works on PS3 or Vita (or both)

Well at least if I ever buy a PS3, I'll be able to download this on it at a later time. Good to know.

Message 8 of 14 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
758 posts

Oct 26, 2012

Thx for the follow up guys,  My son loves this franchise so 19.99 ehhh not bad.  Looks like a solid game for sure.

Message 9 of 14 (121 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

Oct 26, 2012

Wow that looks good, I have never played Ratchet games before, I think I might get this on the Vita though for sure.

Looks surprisingly better than I thought it was.

Message 10 of 14 (115 Views)
0 Likes