Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Last Guardian
11119 posts

Re: Random Friend Invites

Apr 16, 2013
I get those almost everyday... one day i got three random friends requests... are you kidding me, who are these people?
Message 11 of 48 (155 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Apr 16, 2013
I have to say. I find myself studying the username saying, "where did I meet this person "why me" and so on. I get A little annoyed.
Message 12 of 48 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
78 posts

Apr 16, 2013
Check trophies to see if the gamer is indeed a platinum gamer then send a mess if you played with that gamer or just delete if you don't like the name tag. Stay cool you ain't a fool . Ps4 let's go .... To the future
Message 13 of 48 (150 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16564 posts

Apr 16, 2013

ToN-6 wrote:
Check trophies to see if the gamer is indeed a platinum gamer then send a mess if you played with that gamer or just delete if you don't like the name tag. Stay cool you ain't a fool . Ps4 let's go .... To the future

Their trophy level and screen-name are the deciding factors for you? Um, ok...

Message 14 of 48 (148 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Apr 16, 2013

Ghostwize wrote:

I don't like em'! I get them quite often. Please just send a corresponding message along with the invite at the very least outlining if I played a game with you or something. Anyone else get annoyed by this or is it just me? :smileyvery-happy:

I feel you. I don't get annoyed by them, I just don't accept them.  I refuse to accept a friend request unless 1. I know the name 2. If I don't know the name it needs to have an idea of why you are sending me a FR.  Something like "from the God of War forums" or "hey great match an hour ago in'xxxxxx game' will you add me?"

I get 2-3 every gaming session or so. I always follow my general rules regarding FR's above.

Message 15 of 48 (140 Views)
PlayStation MVP
49220 posts

Apr 16, 2013

I should have mentioned this earlier.

In your account settings, under privacy, you can set it so no one can send you friends invites or set it so that only people who have one of your friends on their friend's list can send you an invite (this is what I do)

Message 16 of 48 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Apr 16, 2013

I'm one of those people who send random invites, but i add them because of Wake-Up-Club; NEAR and Online Games. (In case of Vita)

But i don't get the point of why get annoyed. For me when i receive random invites it's like (Who is interested on me right now) and i accept those random invites, and some of them just don't talk or even doesn't play the games i like. At the end i delete them.

I think that we must have to be tolerant to this people, they're like a plague that we can't control.

Message 17 of 48 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Apr 16, 2013

Ardeallo wrote:

I'm one of those people who send random invites, [...]

I think that we must have to be tolerant to this people, they're like a plague that we can't control.

That's rather rare that people consider themselves to be part of a plague. :smileywink:

Message 18 of 48 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10008 posts

Apr 16, 2013
i always get a bunch of random friend requests from little kids that want me to send them pictures of myself or they send me pictures of themselves or thier friends its terribly annoying
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 19 of 48 (110 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49220 posts

Apr 16, 2013

Ardeallo wrote:

I'm one of those people who send random invites, but i add them because of Wake-Up-Club; NEAR and Online Games. (In case of Vita)

But i don't get the point of why get annoyed. For me when i receive random invites it's like (Who is interested on me right now) and i accept those random invites, and some of them just don't talk or even doesn't play the games i like. At the end i delete them.

From my personal standpoint I find it more dissapointing/upsetting than annoying.  I feel bad denying someone who wants to add me as a friend, really bad.   However, Sony only lets our FL be 100 people and mine has been totally full since 2009 in warhawk (back then it was only 50!).    So I have to be really picky, if you don't play what I play I'm not adding you..if I did add you but you haven't played what I'm playing online in months I may delete you for someone new who does play.  

That is my issue with random friends requests, they just make me feel guilty when I delete/deny them.  

Message 20 of 48 (99 Views)