Splicer
83 posts

Re: Rainbow moon for instant collection

Jan 26, 2013

DanSD wrote:

Eight of the ICG games are $15 or less, and six more are $20 or less.  That makes four games out of eighteen that are more than $20.  Some of them are $5 or less.  A $15 games fits in perfectly with the model Sony is using.

I think my point was, Sony isn't going to give away one of its top sellers so close to launch, by close, I mean within the first year. when you speak of $15 and $20 games you also forgot to mention that not one of those games currently up, came out in the last year. I believe sony waits till the game has stopped making any money and then puts it up as a PS+ ICG game.

Now the only acception to this I can think of, was Double Dragon neon, the game was just horrible, no online co-op and well best thing was the music, so yeah they knew it wouldn't sell, so they gave it to us day 1 lol. within the last week or so i had asked this same question, if rainbow moon would be discounted or free for plus, 1 answer, so yeah people who bought it, bought it cuz it was interesting, people who haven't bought it can wait for another 6 months or so till the sales of the game die down.

Message 11 of 27 (286 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Jan 26, 2013

If people want Rainbow Moon so bad they can look around CAG and get a copy for half price.

Message 12 of 27 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
84 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 27, 2013

I would like I am Alive.

As for Rainbow Moon, yes I would like it as well.  Looks like an interesting game and the artwork looks great.

Message 13 of 27 (272 Views)
Splicer
61 posts

Jan 27, 2013

ThreeSixtySucks wrote:

I think my point was, Sony isn't going to give away one of its top sellers so close to launch, by close, I mean within the first year. 

Foosball '12: Released 7/24/2012 On Plus 1/22/13

Infamous 2: Released  6/22/11 On Plus 6/5/12

Virtual Fighter 5 Showdown: Released 6/5/12 On Plus 6/5/12

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One: Released 11/23/11 On Plus 6/5/12

Warhammer 40K: Space Marine: Released 9/6/11 On Plus 6/5/12

Retro CIty Rampage: Released 10/9/12 On Plus  12/24/12

Quantum Conundrum: Released 7/10/12 On Plus 11/13/12

I could go on more but should I?

Message 14 of 27 (250 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 27, 2013

@thehubble: Lol. Those are top sellers? The only ones that you could even say sold decently were the Sony titles, and those are on Plus for advertisement. Please go on, I wanna see what other games you think are top sellers.

Message 15 of 27 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
654 posts

Jan 27, 2013

ThreeSixtySucks wrote:

DanSD wrote:

Eight of the ICG games are $15 or less, and six more are $20 or less.  That makes four games out of eighteen that are more than $20.  Some of them are $5 or less.  A $15 games fits in perfectly with the model Sony is using.

I think my point was, Sony isn't going to give away one of its top sellers so close to launch, by close, I mean within the first year. 

How was that your point?  You didn't mention anything about how recently the title was released, or how well it is selling.  Your only argument was that the game is available for a good price, and it offers more content than higher priced games.  Your post was all about price, which you repeated and emphasized several times.

Message 16 of 27 (228 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 27, 2013

To get this thread back on topic, now I am excited.  First, I didn't realize that Rainbow Moon was coming to the Vita.  I remember when the game was originally released, on the official'ish PlayStation blog, the publisher talked about considering it down the road.  Second, based on what the OP said, I went over to the eastasiasoft forums for a quick look see.  Imagine what I found ...

Rainbow Moon and PS+  (PS+ and IGC related post is on page 2 of the linked thread)

The developer is interested in offering some sort of discounts for the Vita launch (PS3 PSN title received a 20% day one discount) and would welcome the opportunity to be included in the Vita IGC.

So ... with that said, regardless of your opinion on if it will or will not happen, would you be interested in day one discounts and having Rainbow Moon in your Vita IGC?

Color me happy with either approach (of course "free"  to the Vita IGC is best, but I have no shame in taking a day one discount).

Message 17 of 27 (213 Views)
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2013

Yes, likely the only reason for me starting this thread is me wanting to help out the developer, not as a way to be cheap but to reach more people for the vita release, I really do like this game and feel that it would be a good gift to both the community and the developer. and if the community is happy so is sony.

I also been posting on the blog, so any help there would be awesome as well.

Message 18 of 27 (197 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Jan 28, 2013

never played the game before,  but i checked out the previews. It looks like it would be fun game. if it did come to i might give it a try. Im not much for tactical.......although i did like field commander 

Message 19 of 27 (177 Views)
SIEA
1490 posts

Jan 28, 2013

jayrabbit wrote:

Hey guys, so I think you got a good opportunity to get eastasiasoft on board about joining the instant collection, from what I been reading on there forum they seem genuinely interested in the idea.

If they are interested in getting it into Plus, then they certainly have their SCEA 3rd Party contacts that they can reach out to, so they should know how to get in touch with us =) Every developer has a contact at SCEA that they can get in touch with, but if you feel like they don't know where to go (I'm sure they do), they are welcome to contact me on Twitter (twitter.com/morganharo) and I can help guide them to the right place. 

But again, I'm sure they know how to get in touch with us =) 

Message 20 of 27 (145 Views)
0 Likes