Uncharted Territory
1696 posts

Re: Ragnarok or Persona 4

Nov 19, 2012

Considering Persona 4 is one of the greatest games ever made and the history of the Persona franchise, I have to say Persona 4.  Although, I haven't played any of them at all.  I'll be picking up P4 soon, I'm sure.

Ragnarok is fun, great co-op, kind of snoozer solo and not very deep and too tough to play alone at later levels.

Message 11 of 19 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1987 posts

Nov 19, 2012
ok, i guess when i go to gamestop tomorrow to reserve place for all stars, ill take off preorder and buy ragnarok.
Message 12 of 19 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

Nov 19, 2012
You'll get more time out of Persona 4 if you are willing to put the time in. Rag Od is so fun online I was 60hrs in before I started to slow down and I only did that because of black ops 2 and black ops declassified.
Message 13 of 19 (77 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2012

They are both really excellent games but both very different in a way.

As some said RO is heavily action based and Persona 4 is heavily story based and character driven.

I am getting Persona 4 for sure when I get the money but I can say RO is definetely fun as well and possibly could have more replay value depending on your interests, I don't think you will regret getting which ever one you choose to pick.

From a more honest perspective though, there are some pretty epic MH type games that are like RO that will eventually come out as well so keep that in mind, like Soul Sacrifice, God Eater 2 (No Idea when that will come though) and the free PSO 2. Soul Sacrifice will be out some what fairly soon.. not sure about the others, I would imagine PSO 2 should be out sometime soon also.. I can't promise you God Eater 2 will come over but it did well over seas so I see no reason why it wouldn't eventually.

As much as I love RO I know just from looks alone those other games I mentioned will blow it out of the water for the most part. I will still play it if they add some DLC or something later on for sure but I think Soul Sacrifice and PSO 2 will end up being my main stays.

Message 14 of 19 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1987 posts

Nov 19, 2012

ProfessorGerbik wrote:

They are both really excellent games but both very different in a way.

As some said RO is heavily action based and Persona 4 is heavily story based and character driven.

I am getting Persona 4 for sure when I get the money but I can say RO is definetely fun as well and possibly could have more replay value depending on your interests, I don't think you will regret getting which ever one you choose to pick.

From a more honest perspective though, there are some pretty epic MH type games that are like RO that will eventually come out as well so keep that in mind, like Soul Sacrifice, God Eater 2 (No Idea when that will come though) and the free PSO 2. Soul Sacrifice will be out some what fairly soon.. not sure about the others, I would imagine PSO 2 should be out sometime soon also.. I can't promise you God Eater 2 will come over but it did well over seas so I see no reason why it wouldn't eventually.

As much as I love RO I know just from looks alone those other games I mentioned will blow it out of the water for the most part. I will still play it if they add some DLC or something later on for sure but I think Soul Sacrifice and PSO 2 will end up being my main stays.

i've never owned a psp, or really played my ps2, so i've never played mh or any games of the sort.  i've played skyrim, thats it. and i dont think this is like skryim.

Message 15 of 19 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
173 posts

Nov 19, 2012
I'm at 100+ hours now on Ragnarok -.- just really enjoyable.
Message 16 of 19 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1987 posts

Nov 19, 2012
yeah, im about to go to gamestop to reserve place for all stars, and ill pick up ragnarok. can i play with randoms online, or do they have to be friends?
Message 17 of 19 (62 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12827 posts

Nov 19, 2012

You can do either randoms or friends only.

Most people do random I think. I'm never on when my friends are on so I always play with randoms.

If you're trying to get through a particular chapter (all the missions of a chapter), the group you join will usually stay the whole time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 18 of 19 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
139 posts

Nov 20, 2012

My personal experiences with Ragnarok Odyssey was not very good.

I was skeptical of Ragnarok Odyssey, but I picked it up anyway out of curiosity.  After playing around with it for quite a bit, I decided that the game was absolute waste of my time and sold it.  The game world is too tiny, and the mission structure is extremely repetitive to a point where the game sends you to virtually same place over and over again.  There is no satisfying structure of character advancement.  You don't gain levels, you don't gain new skills, and you only look forward to getting drops or ability cards(which looked interesting at first, but then I quickly realized that 90% of the time the cards you get are just plain junk and useless).  The game has poor explanation as to what the purpose of your character's existence and the need for all those repetitive missions are.  And while the game developers are so proud about the combat in this game, it was absolutely atrocious for me.  Targeting is awful, there is no effective way to dodge or block attacks, and some of the classes in this game was painful to play.

Just my two cents.

Message 19 of 19 (37 Views)
0 Likes