Reply
Nov 28 2012
By: InfinityDevil I Only Post Everything 1006 posts
Offline

Ragnarok Odyssey - join "card" rooms for trophy!

[ Edited ]
22 replies 1409 views Edited Dec 1, 2012

Let's work together to get the tough, "Card Complete" trophy.

 

Here's The List in the Guide:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/ragnarok-odyssey/171400-ragnarok-odyssey-trophy-guide-roadmap.html

 

Look for room names that start with "card":

Let's work together!  Join rooms that start with "card", e.g. "card Skoll" or "card Grendel", and if you don't see one create one with what you need to go after.  Wait for 4 players if you can to have the biggest chance of success -- and the biggest benefit to everyone since everyone gets the drops from the quest.  After it's over check the cards tab to see if one was given as a quest reward, or if one was picked up.  Once the grinding for that card is over, the room name can be changed to the next one.

 

Equip Helpful Cards:

From the guide: "The chances of a card dropping is fairly low but can be increased by equipping cards or weapons which increase the likelihood of a card dropping such as Scavenger Hunt, Luck up and Luck Shift."

 

When I Play:

Keep trying together by making "card" rooms, but you'll see me online as the character Gerald anywhere after 8pm or 10pm EST most nights.  I'm favoring an Assassin right now with high AP regeneration, but anything with high AP regeneration will help with mid-air dashing to get close to and retreat from bosses.

 

What I Need (quest numbers added):

43. Skoll (5-10)
45. Fafnir
49. Grendel (5-9)
50. Mokkurkalfe (8-10)
53. Hrungnir (6-10) [Near]
54. Surt (9-6)
55. Utgarda Loki, Sitting (9-8) [from NEAR]
56. Utgarda Loki, Floating (9-8)
57. Armor Card [do I have this already?]
58. Weapon Card
61. Sand Death Rock
65. Raydric Assault

PSNProfiles.com - InfinityDevil
Message 1 of 23 (1,409 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 02/14/2001
Offline
1006 posts
 

edits

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

Whoops added a reply instead of editing the above post, see my edits above for updates.

PSNProfiles.com - InfinityDevil
Message 2 of 23 (1,406 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 02/20/2009
Offline
1020 posts
 

Re: edits

Nov 28, 2012

Just a tip, you don't need the last two cards I believe. Anything in the desert levels was added as DLC to the orginal release but was included in the US release and is not needed for the trophy. 

 

I have all of the cards if you let me know which ones you need and add me I'll try to near them to you. I have not played much lately but I can jump on and near them for you. You can only accept 5 cards on near at any time so I suggest you go with the hard to get cards like Surt or Lokis

Message 3 of 23 (1,347 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 08/07/2009
Online
13655 posts
 

Re: Ragnarok Odyssey - join "card" rooms for trophy!

Nov 28, 2012
Infinity devil, if you like dashing back and forth, get the Traitor weapon with step optimization.
Basically lets you dash as quickly as you can in DS mode.


And timl Steele, if you have some extra cards that you don't need, add me and near them, I could use some of those rare ones. Unless you only have one of each.

In which case, if you have any good attack boosting or crit boosting cards, that's be nice
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 23 (1,340 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 02/14/2001
Offline
1006 posts
 

Re: Ragnarok Odyssey - join "card" rooms for trophy!

Nov 29, 2012
Do either of you know what it means by Armor Card and Weapon Card? Are those cards produced by extracting a card from leveled up weapons and maybe a card that came with a suit of armor you buy at the tailor?
PSNProfiles.com - InfinityDevil
Message 5 of 23 (1,324 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 11/02/2000
Offline
1700 posts
 

Re: edits

Nov 29, 2012

timlsteele wrote:

Just a tip, you don't need the last two cards I believe. Anything in the desert levels was added as DLC to the orginal release but was included in the US release and is not needed for the trophy. 

 

I have all of the cards if you let me know which ones you need and add me I'll try to near them to you. I have not played much lately but I can jump on and near them for you. You can only accept 5 cards on near at any time so I suggest you go with the hard to get cards like Surt or Lokis


I think you and I are already PSN buddies.  Do you have any of the Scavenger Hunt, Luck Up or Luck Shift cards that you can Near to me?  I only have one Luck Shift card right now and I'd like to equip a few more to increase my chances.

 

Right now I need:

50. Mokkurkalfe 
51. Fenia 
52. Menia 
53. Hrungnir 
54. Surt 
55. Utgarda Loki (Sitting) 
56. Utgarda Loki (Floating) 
57. Armor Card 
58. Weapon Card 
59. Orc Shaman 
60. Bronzed Grendel
63. Desert Wolf Cub
64. Domovoi (Red Hood)

Message 6 of 23 (1,321 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 02/26/2012
Offline
344 posts
 

Re: Ragnarok Odyssey - join "card" rooms for trophy!

Nov 29, 2012

InfinityDevil wrote:
Do either of you know what it means by Armor Card and Weapon Card? Are those cards produced by extracting a card from leveled up weapons and maybe a card that came with a suit of armor you buy at the tailor?

The weapon card happens when you refine a wep to +10, at that time it gives you the option to destroy the weapon and turn its stats into a card with the stats the weapon had. Havent made the armor card yet but im sure it works the same way....

 

Message 7 of 23 (1,317 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 02/14/2001
Offline
1006 posts
 

Re: Ragnarok Odyssey - join "card" rooms for trophy!

Nov 29, 2012
I read the Scavenger card and don't think it will help. It mentions an effect on getting better items from barrels and crates.
PSNProfiles.com - InfinityDevil
Message 8 of 23 (1,312 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 11/02/2000
Offline
1700 posts
 

Re: Ragnarok Odyssey - join "card" rooms for trophy!

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2012

ChrisTerror wrote:

InfinityDevil wrote:
Do either of you know what it means by Armor Card and Weapon Card? Are those cards produced by extracting a card from leveled up weapons and maybe a card that came with a suit of armor you buy at the tailor?

The weapon card happens when you refine a wep to +10, at that time it gives you the option to destroy the weapon and turn its stats into a card with the stats the weapon had. Havent made the armor card yet but im sure it works the same way....

 


The armor in the game can't be extracted in the same way but when you max it out, I think it automatically spits out a card.  I have a Bishop and White Knight card and those outfits are the only two I have at max.

 

2012-11-28-191706.jpg   

Message 9 of 23 (1,311 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 02/20/2009
Offline
1020 posts
 

Re: edits

Nov 29, 2012

Salesmunn wrote:

timlsteele wrote:

Just a tip, you don't need the last two cards I believe. Anything in the desert levels was added as DLC to the orginal release but was included in the US release and is not needed for the trophy. 

 

I have all of the cards if you let me know which ones you need and add me I'll try to near them to you. I have not played much lately but I can jump on and near them for you. You can only accept 5 cards on near at any time so I suggest you go with the hard to get cards like Surt or Lokis


I think you and I are already PSN buddies.  Do you have any of the Scavenger Hunt, Luck Up or Luck Shift cards that you can Near to me?  I only have one Luck Shift card right now and I'd like to equip a few more to increase my chances.

 

Right now I need:

50. Mokkurkalfe 
51. Fenia 
52. Menia 
53. Hrungnir 
54. Surt 
55. Utgarda Loki (Sitting) 
56. Utgarda Loki (Floating) 
57. Armor Card 
58. Weapon Card 
59. Orc Shaman 
60. Bronzed Grendel
63. Desert Wolf Cub
64. Domovoi (Red Hood)


Yes I think you helped me with motorstorm rc! I won't have my Vita until tomorrow evening probably but i'll look for luck cards when I get home. I might have a surge, I know I do not have scavenger hunt.

 

You do not need the cards 59-64 for the trophy if thats what you need them for. If you are going for completion scavenger will help as the bronzed grendel I hear is a pain to get. Never got it as my groups would always zerg his butt thinking you fight him like the other grendels and wipe.

 

I have all these cards except for 59/60 if you want me to put some up

Message 10 of 23 (1,302 Views)
Reply
0 Likes