Dec 24 2011
By: Deiradinn Hekseville Citizen 305 posts

RPGs?

31 replies 231 views Edited Dec 24, 2011

I'm a hard core RPG fan, more of an old schooler but open to almost any/all RPGs. What are some of the games being released for the Vita RPG-wise. I know about FFX already. Any turned based RPGs coming out?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 32 (231 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Re: RPGs?

Dec 24, 2011

I too hope there are some good rpgs coming out. Turn based rpgs are almost nonexistant and it's saddening.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 32 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Dec 24, 2011

rpg's list

UNCHARTED: Golden Abyss

Dungeon Hunter Alliance

Gravity Rush

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention

thoughs are your rpg's that ps vita will have.

some are launch some are launch window games.

go to this link below for full details on what is a launch game and launch window game.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/12/22/playstation-vita-launch-lineup-and-details/

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 32 (231 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1362 posts

Dec 24, 2011

lifeburn wrote:

I too hope there are some good rpgs coming out. Turn based rpgs are almost nonexistant and it's saddening.

What is the appeal of a turn-based RPG?  Final Fantasy XII was one of my favorite Final Fantasy because it was just an open controlled fighting system.  Crisis Core is my favorite FF game to date because of it's fighting system.  I would much rather have complete control over my character than to sit there, press a button, and hope I hit the opponent.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 32 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Dec 25, 2011

Tony72495 wrote:

lifeburn wrote:

What is the appeal of a turn-based RPG?  Final Fantasy XII was one of my favorite Final Fantasy because it was just an open controlled fighting system.  Crisis Core is my favorite FF game to date because of it's fighting system.  I would much rather have complete control over my character than to sit there, press a button, and hope I hit the opponent.

Photobucket

no real skill needed for turn-based RPG. just lvl up enough and you can take on anyone. as for a action rpg there is more skill involved because you cant just lvl up you have to think it out more. in a action rpg if you suck you just suck at all lvls. in a turn-based rpg if you suck just lvl up on some low lvl guys to lvl up high enough and you will be fine.

this is my only guess though.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 32 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
305 posts

Dec 26, 2011

You control one character over all of your characters most of the time in newer RPGs. Any RPG allows you to grind and over-level to walk through the game but turned based were always more strategic. Action-RPGs are almost always easier by default, because you don't have to think too much. Reaction skills/combos are just button mapped. It's a fighting game with RPG elements.

I actually heard my friend say about turned based RPGs "so, they really think I'm going to just stand still while they hit me?". It's a stupid argument, because it's "implied", they don't actually sit still. It's like how Skies of Arcadia or even something newer like The Last Remnant tried to interpet it and other games. It's just a presentation style, a more of chess style RPG. I prefer strategy over action. I guess most gamers prefer flashy flips and super jumps, but I miss turned based RPGs. Games that blend the elements are great too, like Eternal Sonata. A very nice take on how a turned based/action rpg could work.

I'll play almost any RPG so, thanks for all the input and Uncharted... isn't considered an RPG lol.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 32 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Dec 26, 2011

do you know what RPG stands for right? according to that definition uncharted is one. uncharted is also a platform according to what a platform is as well. now to me I have seen a different result then you I seen people who suck at action RPG's but are good at turn based RPG's. even for me turn based RPG's are way way way too easy. since it is all level related. as action RPG's its all skill based when to do the correct combo and so on. like in most action RPG's some mobs are more efficient to kill with one set of combos as another is more efficient with another. also you have to think faster on your feet.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. yeah any rpg allows you to grind to over level but the thing is in a action RPG it will not help you as much as a turn based RPG. in a turn based RPG they cant kill you once you are way over the mobs level. in a action RPG you can still slip up and they can still kill you. action RPG is faster paced a turn based RPG is slower paced. witch one is more kinder?

turn based RPG is kinder since you have all the time in the world to think about how to kill the mob. in a action RPG you do not have that time to think it threw.

Deiradinn wrote:

You control one character over all of your characters most of the time in newer RPGs. Any RPG allows you to grind and over-level to walk through the game but turned based were always more strategic. Action-RPGs are almost always easier by default, because you don't have to think too much. Reaction skills/combos are just button mapped. It's a fighting game with RPG elements.

I actually heard my friend say about turned based RPGs "so, they really think I'm going to just stand still while they hit me?". It's a stupid argument, because it's "implied", they don't actually sit still. It's like how Skies of Arcadia or even something newer like The Last Remnant tried to interpet it and other games. It's just a presentation style, a more of chess style RPG. I prefer strategy over action. I guess most gamers prefer flashy flips and super jumps, but I miss turned based RPGs. Games that blend the elements are great too, like Eternal Sonata. A very nice take on how a turned based/action rpg could work.

I'll play almost any RPG so, thanks for all the input and Uncharted... isn't considered an RPG lol.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 32 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
838 posts

Dec 26, 2011

Incagneto wrote:

Tony72495 wrote:

lifeburn wrote:

Photobucket

no real skill needed for turn-based RPG. just lvl up enough and you can take on anyone. as for a action rpg there is more skill involved because you cant just lvl up you have to think it out more. in a action rpg if you suck you just suck at all lvls. in a turn-based rpg if you suck just lvl up on some low lvl guys to lvl up high enough and you will be fine.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 32 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Dec 26, 2011

bronxz32 wrote:

Incagneto wrote:

Tony72495 wrote:

lifeburn wrote:

Photobucket

thats what a fanboy would say to logic.  since there is no skill needed to read how to cook but there is skill needed to be a good cook. is that simple enough for you?

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 32 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
838 posts

Dec 26, 2011

Incagneto wrote:

bronxz32 wrote:

Incagneto wrote:

Tony72495 wrote:

lifeburn wrote:

Photobucket

thats what a fanboy would say to logic. since there is no skill needed to read how to cook but there is skill needed to be a good cook. is that simple enough for you?

Nothing in my previous post indicates or indicated that i'm a fanboy, so your logic is flawed. Your stupidity is printed right there in black and white in both of your responses. For your sake i hope future readers of your posts including these last two can show a little sympathy for you.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 32 (231 Views)
0 Likes