Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 09 2012
By: HardBoiled187 First Son 9 posts

RPGs for Vita?

8 replies 48 views Edited Mar 9, 2012

Hey there!

Anyone else anxiously awaiting the announcement of a decent RPG for this system?

I love RPGs (JRPGs and SRPGs especially) and the PSP never dissapointed in that catagory. The track record of publishers bringing these games from overseas to be localized in the US was what kept me coming back to portable consoles (PSP and DS) over the years. I was kind of surprised that aside from Disgaea 3, nothing has been announced for NA/EU. I know I can't be the only one hungering for some HD RPGs on a handheld!

I've actually been tempted to try some of the PSP games just to hold me over, but the costs are kind of prohibitive for older games with no resale value (at least when compared to what one can pick up a physical copy at Gamestop for). Thinking about Corpse Party (since it's newer and PSN only)... but I'm open to suggestions! Any reccomendations?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Re: RPGs for Vita?

Mar 9, 2012

Well Final Fantasy X HD is coming to Vita for sure, thats all i can think of, Monster Hunter 3 as well they say.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Mar 9, 2012

Ragnarok Odyssey is out in japan but I hope it comes to North America. It looks siiiick!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irydMySe6Wo

Plus its online multiplayer!!!

I heard that Monster Hunter is now with Nintendo.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (48 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Mar 9, 2012

Yeah, I was checking that out... it looks awesome. Sadly, I can't read Japanese! Hope they bring it here!

Final Fantasy X will satisfy people, but if Square really wanted to make money... they should re-release FF7 and sell a billion copies!

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Mar 9, 2012

ive played em all up to X, and 7 and 9 we're my Favs, specifically cuz 9 was my first ever and 7 was next. Id like to see Ragnarok Odyysey come to the US also, insta buy.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (48 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 9, 2012

Having not had a PSP, I am getting into FFIV and Wildarms. There a sever solid PSP RPG's available.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Mar 10, 2012

I really wish to play as "cloud" on VITA .............. and persona 4 the golden is also announced on ps vita
i hope they also launch in the US states........

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (48 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Mar 11, 2012

The Persona series is pretty big here so I'm sure Atlas will be bringing it over... having all the translations and voicework already done in English also helps. It's mainly just a matter of when.

FF7 would be epic on the vita... though I bet they would release it for 360/PS3 first (larger target audience).

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (48 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12049 posts

Mar 11, 2012

It's almost guaranteed that a FFVII remake isn't coming.

Think about all the FF games that have come out since the days of PS2 (with decent 3D Graphics and all). That was Final Fantasy X

It was a linear game. There was no "overworld" or "world map" with small towns representing actual towns that your character "ran into".

No flyable airships. You chose a spot and warped to it.

Every single Final Fantasy since has followed this format.

Imagine how hard it'd be to keep that same system but put it in 2012 graphics, without it looking stupid. (With Cloud, on the overworld, being as large as Nibelheim's icon)

And you can't just do away with the free roaming on the world map, that was half the fun.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (48 Views)
0 Likes