Aug 31 2011
By: FireCrow1013 Monster Hunter 40 posts

REQUEST: Save Game Management

6 replies 13 views Edited Aug 31, 2011

I have one major request for the Vita that I don't think has been addressed yet: PLEASE allow us to copy save game files to other storage media. I originally laughed at the idea of the PSP having a memory card for saves, but now I LOVE being able to back my saves up, just in case something goes wrong with the game/handheld in the future. I love that saves and DLC can go directly onto the Vita game cards themselves, but please let us move saves either to Memory Sticks or our PCs for safe keeping (one of the things about the PS3 that I absolutely can't stand is how many games have saves that are marked as "Copy Prohibited").

Message 1 of 7 (13 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7074 posts

Re: REQUEST: Save Game Management

Aug 31, 2011

I'd be surprised if that won't be a feature, but good point; it really should be.

Message 2 of 7 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2966 posts

Aug 31, 2011

Wow. How do you know they wont have this feature. How about waiting for the device to launch before requesting something that might be already a feature. The older psp's can save the game content on a pc, so why cant you do the same with the psv. The psv will have a memory card/stick slot do download content and i hope we get to chose where we have the game saves stored and if its on the memory card/stick it can possably be saved to a pc.

Now if the game saves are stored on the game card, then it could be a different story because of how sony is dealing with security concerns and how ppl access the game cards, but we dont know till sony gives us more information or the psv launches and the customers tell us.

Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.
Message 3 of 7 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55182 posts

Aug 31, 2011

FireCrow1013 wrote:

I have one major request for the Vita that I don't think has been addressed yet: PLEASE allow us to copy save game files to other storage media. I originally laughed at the idea of the PSP having a memory card for saves, but now I LOVE being able to back my saves up, just in case something goes wrong with the game/handheld in the future. I love that saves and DLC can go directly onto the Vita game cards themselves, but please let us move saves either to Memory Sticks or our PCs for safe keeping (one of the things about the PS3 that I absolutely can't stand is how many games have saves that are marked as "Copy Prohibited").

I bet it will tie in to the PSplus "cloud drive" setup.

Just like on our PS3's some gamesaves will be write-protected to prevent cheating and those ones will have to go to the cloud drive.

That being said I think we should be able to back up all our game save files to external media without write-protect restrictions.

Message 4 of 7 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Sep 1, 2011

Naquiel wrote:

Wow. How do you know they wont have this feature. How about waiting for the device to launch before requesting something that might be already a feature. The older psp's can save the game content on a pc, so why cant you do the same with the psv. The psv will have a memory card/stick slot do download content and i hope we get to chose where we have the game saves stored and if its on the memory card/stick it can possably be saved to a pc.

Now if the game saves are stored on the game card, then it could be a different story because of how sony is dealing with security concerns and how ppl access the game cards, but we dont know till sony gives us more information or the psv launches and the customers tell us.

Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.

Uh, when did I say it wasn't a feature? It's not in the official FAQ, so I thought I'd mention it just in case it slipped someone's mind. And it doesn't matter that the PSP can save game content on the PC - This is the Vita, not the PSP. The PSP also has video out cables, and the Vita won't. Just because it's made by the same company doesn't mean it's the same platform.

Message 5 of 7 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Sep 1, 2011

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

I bet it will tie in to the PSplus "cloud drive" setup.

Just like on our PS3's some gamesaves will be write-protected to prevent cheating and those ones will have to go to the cloud drive.

That being said I think we should be able to back up all our game save files to external media without write-protect restrictions.

----------------------------------------

Want to join BHD in MAG?  Just click this link or this link --> www.betterhideordie.com

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/4162/pilgrimb.jpg

I hope it isn't tied to PS+ - I really don't see why we as customers should have to pay to make sure our save data is safe.

Message 6 of 7 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2966 posts

Sep 1, 2011

FireCrow1013 wrote:

Naquiel wrote:

Uh, when did I say it wasn't a feature? It's not in the official FAQ, so I thought I'd mention it just in case it slipped someone's mind. And it doesn't matter that the PSP can save game content on the PC - This is the Vita, not the PSP. The PSP also has video out cables, and the Vita won't. Just because it's made by the same company doesn't mean it's the same platform.

If you have to request something means your asking for it as a feature. If you would of just said "Does the Vita have a way to back up games saves on a pc?", then it would look like your wondering if it had the feature or not. Even if its not the same as the older psp's, it dont mean they will not have many of the same features. Granted it does not have video out cables, but the same was with the launch version of the old psp 1000. Sometimes sony has to cut down on pricing when it comes to hardware.

Just wait and see. Since its this close to being launched, not much will change. The question is do we have access to the game save data that will be saved to the game cards. Granted we will have access to the game save data on the memory card/stick, but do we have access to the saved data on the game cards.

Message 7 of 7 (13 Views)
0 Likes