MVP Support
4944 posts

Re: RE5 Not Showing Up Free in Plus (PS Store Hiccup)

[ Edited ]
Nov 7, 2012

I expected problems with the new store, but it's disappointing nonetheless.  I can't download this for free and I also can't figure out how to remove it from my cart, from when I tried to download it.  If anyone knows how to remove it, and how to "fix" the other issues I'll mention, please let me know!  It seems to remember your cart now also, even if you quit and start over, which would be useful if I actually wanted it...I guess I can't buy the Portal 2 DLC until it's fixed/figured out.

I'm really not impressed with the new store so far.  I usually just browsed the new section and it was quick to check all types of games/|DLC, but now it loads slower and I apparently have to browse everything new by category (ps3 games - new, demos - new, etc...), which takes longer.  For example, I wanted to see what was new in Rock Band, but when I go to games/ps3 add-ons/new it shows all games, not sorted by game.  Before you could just choose the add-ons folder and the game you wanted; it was much simpler.

Message 21 of 28 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Make your way to your cart and the nice "X" on the top le...

[ Edited ]
Nov 7, 2012

JERM7 wrote:

I expected problems with the new store, but it's disappointing nonetheless.  I can't download this for free and I also can't figure out how to remove it from my cart, from when I tried to download it.  If anyone knows how to remove it, and how to "fix" the other issues I'll mention, please let me know!  It seems to remember your cart now also, even if you quit and start over, which would be useful if I actually wanted it...I guess I can't buy the Portal 2 DLC until it's fixed/figured out.

I'm really not impressed with the new store so far.  I usually just browsed the new section and it was quick to check all types of games/|DLC, but now it loads slower and I apparently have to browse everything new by category (ps3 games - new, demos - new, etc...), which takes longer.  For example, I wanted to see what was new in Rock Band, but when I go to games/ps3 add-ons/new it shows all games, not sorted by game.  Before you could just choose the add-ons folder and the game you wanted; it was much simpler.

Make your way to your cart and the nice "X" on the top left hand corner of the item in your cart will do the trick.

As for searching for content for Rockband, all you need to do is use the new search feature. That's the feature the new store revolves around. You don't even have to type the entire search, 3 letters should suffice. If the content you're searching doesn't show up in the " Top Results" list just scroll through the aphabetized list of content underneath that until you get to the letter your game starts with, find it and open it. From there you'll have all content for that game available to you through quick buttons on the lower left hand side of the screen. The content is grouped by Overview, Add-ons, Videos, etc.

Message 22 of 28 (275 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
4944 posts

Re: Make your way to your cart and the nice "X" on the top le...

[ Edited ]
Nov 7, 2012

FidelityNy wrote:

Make your way to your cart and the nice "X" on the top left hand corner of the item in your cart will do the trick.

As for searching for content for Rockband, all you need to do is use the new search feature. That's the feature the new store revolves around. You don't even have to type the entire search, 3 letters should suffice. If the content you're searching doesn't show up in the " Top Results" list just scroll through the aphabetized list of content underneath that until you get to the letter your game starts with, find it and open it. From there you'll have all content for that game available to you through quick buttons on the lower left hand side of the screen. The content is grouped by Overview, Add-ons, Videos, etc.

Thanks, I didn't realize I could select that.  I guess that's the problem with having "X" as a button on the controller and with a separate meaning as well.  I know how to find RB stuff, but it's still not as convenient as it was, which is disappointing and feels like a step backwards.  I think the new store may be good for people who don't use it as often as I do, but I just want to check it once a week, quickly see what's new (and relevant), and get out.

Edit: I cancelled it and then realized that RE5 now works as it should (free) anyway :smileytongue:

Message 23 of 28 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6428 posts

Re: Make your way to your cart and the nice "X" on the top le...

Nov 7, 2012
They fixed it. Been downloading for a while now.
Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion!

http://playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

PSN: ScreamAimFire999 [PS4, PS3, PS Vita Owner]
Twitter: @PSPersuasion

Message 24 of 28 (239 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: RE5 Not Showing Up Free in Plus (Now Fixed)

Nov 8, 2012
Ya I payed for it and when I called I was told it in so many words it was my fault
Message 25 of 28 (161 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 9, 2012

hey, i jus noticed anot the issue with the re5, i think i ended downloading the  full trial since i was playing it and told me i had only 30 minutes left to play, when i went back to the playstation store to check it shows the free download but it doesnt let me add it to the cart. do you know if there is a general problem with the game or wha could be the reason that message shows up.

Message 26 of 28 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Nov 10, 2012
Same problem here, everytime I try to download it just downloads the full trial of the game. **bleep** is this new store **bleep** Sony!
Message 27 of 28 (90 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 10, 2012

leopcarr wrote:

hey, i jus noticed anot the issue with the re5, i think i ended downloading the  full trial since i was playing it and told me i had only 30 minutes left to play, when i went back to the playstation store to check it shows the free download but it doesnt let me add it to the cart. do you know if there is a general problem with the game or wha could be the reason that message shows up.

I believe if you let the trial fully run its course, and it quits after an hour, it should revert to the PS+ version and you should have full access to the game...

Message 28 of 28 (82 Views)
0 Likes