Apr 19 2013
By: the_ed_85 I Only Post Everything 1011 posts

Quitting on loss

16 replies 168 views Edited Apr 19, 2013
I was playing Persona 4: Arena and for the few ranked matches that I had won, the players all quit before my victory was finalized. This is such a sign of disrespect for other players. If you're going to play a game, play the game and have some respect for the other players. If you win, good. If you lose, don't quit just before the match finalizes. Show some sportsmanship and accept your loss and look at it as a way to review your tactics for improvement. I've also had this happen in Dead or Alive 5, Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition, and The King of Fighters XIII.

Does nobody have any respect for their fellow players? Why is it so bad to have a loss on your record, do you want to have the false image that you're unbeatable? I get the competition aspect, but a part of competition is also facing and accepting loss and knowing that there are always ways that you can improve. If I lose and the game gives me an option to save a replay of the match, I will so that I can see where I went wrong in the match so that I can try to not make those mistakes in the future. If I win, I'll save the replay if it was a tough or close match so that I can see where I went right so that I can make note of the correct choices I made that got me my victory.

This makes it so that either way, I am able to learn ways that I can improve my game. Why is it that other players will deny you a well deserved victory and in effect deny themselves the opportunity to review themselves and learn from their mistakes?
My PSN
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 17 (168 Views)
Splicer
57 posts

Re: Quitting on loss

Apr 19, 2013
This happens to me on nba jam. They quit right before they lose and the funny thing is I also receive a loss on my record for someone else to quit. I feel ur pain. U must be angry to write a big post but don't let it get to u.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 17 (156 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Apr 19, 2013
If you do that in a tournament, you instantly get kicked out of the tournament and lose all wins that you had. The same should happen in the online aspect.
My PSN
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 17 (153 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3100 posts

Apr 19, 2013
I see this issue all the time and it is very disrespectful. Don't be a sore loser, just take the loss and be real about it. Its only a game but people think they are to good to have a loss on their record.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 17 (152 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3100 posts

Apr 19, 2013
Even on the PS Vita people quit before the game is done just because they suck. Sometimes you join and get stuck with bum players but I guess the have to much pride to take a loss.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 17 (151 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Apr 19, 2013
It's a lack of honor. It's not really a loss it's a chance to find room for improvement.
My PSN
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 17 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3927 posts

Apr 19, 2013
On Madden my DNF% is like 15 because I take my losses and learn from them. I can't help that my connection drops due to my playing on a 4G connection.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 17 (138 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3100 posts

Apr 19, 2013
I let my 8 year godson play on both my PS Vita and PS3, and he's a bad player lol. Don't mean to say it like that but he's 8 and wants to play with other people. I could card less about my K/D ratio as my score doesn't represent my skill
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 17 (129 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Apr 19, 2013

I watch this happen to my roommate a lot when he plays NBA2k13.  He'll be up by a few points, and his opponent will just quit.

I mean come on, at least play it to the end.  No reason to be a sore loser and rage quit in the middle of a match because you're not in the lead.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 17 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7498 posts

Apr 19, 2013
Yep, had this happen literally a few hours ago on SSF4AE. I was going to win my first ranked match and the sucker just quit.
FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice: 16SVoaaAfWtywpQ9GDqqzfoyGvt21XCB6M
Dogecoin is nice too: DU6DPv41zfqbSwvFz8LKYhVcgLsX85B3My
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 17 (125 Views)
0 Likes