I Only Post Everything
926 posts

Re: Quitting on loss

Apr 19, 2013
Welcome to online gaming. There is a sad reason why the "gamer" community is looked down upon by a great deal of society. While there are a great deal of respectable, honorable, civilized individuals, there is a much larger number of immature, disrespectful, racist, sexist, homophobic, sore losers out there.

There's really nothing that can be done, because as the "crowd" of online gamers has grown, the gamer community has done nothing to dissuade or reprimand those who act like so many do right now. They have their veil of anonymity and don't have the cerebral facilities to act like a human being. If they don't get what they want, they throw a temper tantrum and run away like a toddler who was told "no." Frankly, I think many of these people who are acting like this online probably aren't much more intelligent/mature than a toddler.

Many developers have instituted automatic losses for those who quit before finishing a game. Sadly, for those who have hiccups in their internet connections this can cause unwarranted losses on their records, but again, the only people to blame for this is ourselves. If as a community we didn't tolerate all this bad behavior by those we game with, this type of "penalty" for early quitting wouldn't be needed.

All of what I've posted above is one of the many reasons why I don't play multiplayer games, and hate it when that mode gets forced into a single-player only franchise. I just hate seeing what society has become. I sound like my father when I say this, but I shudder when I think of these people someday running the country. I wasn't exactly a golden child growing up, but I sure as hell would not act like so many I see on the forums here, and on the few occasions I've gone online and played some games. I just wish people would parent their children better and teach them how to be humans and how to treat other humans. Not be little entitled trolls and throw feces all over the place then demand somebody else clean it up. (Wow. Where did THAT come from? lol).
Message 11 of 17 (129 Views)
Fender Bender
4158 posts

Apr 19, 2013
Well said^
Message 12 of 17 (125 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

Apr 19, 2013
If I'm using my mic, and I'm getting beat down, I don't trash talk them. I compliment them on how well they're playing. Because of this I've made a lot of new friends online. For some reason people like to play with me. Maybe it's because I dot get upset if I'm losing, and I don't trash talk people. The only person that I trash talk is my IRL friend, and that's only because we've been doing that for years, and he tends to play dirty (spamming unblockable moves and just being really cheap in general). I just made two more friends in DoA because thy likes how I change things up all the time and keep them guessing, and I actually talk to them like we're equals even though our skill levels might be completely different.

I was losing a match in DoA so very badly. I didn't go and complain about how bad I was losing, instead I let them know that they made the fight amazingly fun and challenging, and it really was a beautiful fight to see. The fight was on my favorite stage, too (the beach) so it made the fight all that much more enjoyable.
My PSN
Message 13 of 17 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1602 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 19, 2013

deaofly wrote:
I let my 8 year godson play on both my PS Vita and PS3, and he's a bad player lol. Don't mean to say it like that but he's 8 and wants to play with other people. I could card less about my K/D ratio as my score doesn't represent my skill
Your ratio and stats does represent your skill. people look at your K.D and judge you and i admit im one of those people. Ratio gives me a heads up with your experience. so if you had 0.56 ratio then im going to automatically assume you are bad. Im not going to call you out or anything but that just means to me, you die a ton, just giving away killstreaks and free kills to the other team. You may be cool as a person and will be fun to play with you but you would be the last person to be picked on the playground. People wont/dont know your godson plays on your account.  When friends come over and decide to play COD i always have a simple guest account and thats for all my games, just dont want them playing on my saves or starting a new game on my profile. I often view my stats for everything to see my own progress on that game, if i suck, if im getting better, ect. But we need to play some COD together one of these days deao =) But i agree with OP just accept your loss and learn.
Message 14 of 17 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 19, 2013

Up to a certain share, that's also the responsibility of the developers. You can easily register that some developers took active measures against such bad habbits, while others simply don't care. MOBA games are a good example where it matters to "educate" gamers.

At the end of the day nothing can prevent that you randomly meet idiots, naturally. Focus on the positives, that's the best advise in RL too. Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 17 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Apr 19, 2013
I'm afraid his is common currency in online gaming; it was a pain in fighting games because, as many have noted, somebody's disconnection adds a +1 to your unfinished matches. So, as I played up the ladder in BBCSEX to get 200+ PSR I had to strive with the fact I had a number of unfinished matches that weren't really on my account but on account of people who disconnect before losing. Nothing you can do about it other than just remembering names and never doing anything with those people ever again~.
Message 16 of 17 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

Apr 19, 2013
I play a lot of fighting games. If I'm not playing an RPG I'm generally playing a fighting game. This makes it so that when someone does this, it really is a big problem. A lot of times, it doesn't show you who you're playing ahead of time in ranked. It just starts on the character select screen from search. This makes it so that you don't get the chance to deny them without getting a disconnect.
My PSN
Message 17 of 17 (72 Views)
0 Likes