Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 13 2013
By: fatkid81793 First Son 4 posts

Quick Question

7 replies 154 views Edited Jan 13, 2013

I am looking to buy a new ps3 and get playstation plus to back up my saves. if i have a game that you need an access code to get online with and I copy the save that the code is used on will i have to pay for online again?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (154 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28594 posts

Re: Quick Question

[ Edited ]
Jan 13, 2013

fatkid81793 wrote:

I am looking to buy a new ps3 and get playstation plus to back up my saves. if i have a game that you need an access code to get online with and I copy the save that the code is used on will i have to pay for online again?

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

You're referring to the online pass correct?

I'm a little confused by the wording of your question, but the online pass isn't for a particular save it's for the whole game & is tied to the account that activated it, so basically no, so long as you use the same account no you will not have to purchase another online pass.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (148 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1462 posts

Jan 13, 2013
The code is tied to whatever username you register it under, it's not tied to the save file. I think i'm right on this, if not someone let me know.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (147 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 13, 2013

I am playing wwe 13 and they have an online access code. so if i log in using my current psn id i should still be able to get online?

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Jan 13, 2013

fatkid81793 wrote:

I am playing wwe 13 and they have an online access code. so if i log in using my current psn id i should still be able to get online?

Of course you'll be able to get online. Just redownload the online access pass, it should be under your Download List in the Playstation Store or under the Download List under Account Management. Good luck.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1462 posts

Jan 13, 2013
As long as you entered the code under the id your using you should always be able to play that game online. If you change id's and try to play the game online it will ask you to purchase an online pass.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (130 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 13, 2013
thanks for all the help i really apprciate it. I tried and i was able to not only play online but also download all the downloadable content i purchased
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Jan 13, 2013
If you're no longer using your old PS3 be sure to deactivate it from your account. Purchased content can only be downloaded on up to 2 activated PS3 systems. You now have 2, so you have nomore available downloads for any of the purchased content you have on both consoles. To free it up for the future you deactivate the PS3 you no longer use. If you do plan on using them both just disregard this reply.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (111 Views)
0 Likes