Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 18 2012
By: Kaswa101 I Only Post Everything 1337 posts

Quick Question Regarding Regions

4 replies 17 views Edited Jun 18, 2012

Just wanna ask guys, I have a PSN card for an EU account (20 Euro), and I'm part of the South African region. If I buy DLC with the EU account, will it work with any of the games from my region code? From what I understand, SA is classified as part of Region 2, right? So, then, do we have the same region codes on games as EU?

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (17 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1337 posts

Re: Quick Question Regarding Regions

Jun 19, 2012

Thanks for the reply.

Another question though - if there is no indication on the Store as to which region codes the DLC will work with, does it mean it will work with any part of EU? For example, the DLC I want to buy has no code warning - so can I use it on any EU copy of the game?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (17 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28633 posts

Jun 19, 2012

Even though South Africa & the UK/EU may come under Region 2, because you have to choose your country/region from a list I'm not sure the DLC is interchangeable between the two.

Like I say I could well be wrong so I'd be curious to see what others have to say about this too.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (17 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28633 posts

Jun 19, 2012

The store you're accessing won't show a region, it assumes you know which store you're using & is the one for your home country/region.

All I can say is that DLC is not region-free & any DLC purchased has to be from the same region/country as the original game.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (17 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1337 posts

Jun 19, 2012

BRIT-KO wrote:

The store you're accessing won't show a region, it assumes you know which store you're using & is the one for your home country/region.

All I can say is that DLC is not region-free & any DLC purchased has to be from the same region/country as the original game.

Yeah, but that's the thing. All other content from the EU store is exactly the same as my own (region codes required, etc.), so I'm assuming both Stores get the exact same content. Can anyone prove this?

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (17 Views)
0 Likes