Dec 12 2012
By: moononite89 First Son 12 posts

Questions on PS3 Repairs.

4 replies 82 views Edited Dec 12, 2012

My PS3 wasn't syncing with my controller even after trying to manually sync, and when I plugged in using the usb cable I turned on my ps3 and was taken to a screen saying there was an error with the HDD and it couldn't find the right software to work. It then told me to restart the system and it worked fine. Then I started geting the yellow light of death. I called sony, and thankfully it was under warrenty still, so I sent it in for repairs. Six days later, and I get an email notifying me that the system has been repaired and is on it's way back to me. But my question is, is there a way to find out what was wrong with it....and what they did to fix/repair it? Like will there be an index card in the box to let me know they replaced the HDD, or they couldn't fix it so it's a brand new system, etc?

Message 1 of 5 (82 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Re: Questions on PS3 Repairs.

Dec 12, 2012

Anyone? Hello?

Message 2 of 5 (73 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40615 posts

Dec 12, 2012

moononite89 wrote:

My PS3 wasn't syncing with my controller even after trying to manually sync, and when I plugged in using the usb cable I turned on my ps3 and was taken to a screen saying there was an error with the HDD and it couldn't find the right software to work. It then told me to restart the system and it worked fine. Then I started geting the yellow light of death. I called sony, and thankfully it was under warrenty still, so I sent it in for repairs. Six days later, and I get an email notifying me that the system has been repaired and is on it's way back to me. But my question is, is there a way to find out what was wrong with it....and what they did to fix/repair it? Like will there be an index card in the box to let me know they replaced the HDD, or they couldn't fix it so it's a brand new system, etc?

Unless you specifically requested that your old PS3 be returned to you then Sony will generally send a refurbished model back to the consumer, something you have not been clear about in your OP.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 3 of 5 (70 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Dec 12, 2012

Ok yeah I never requested them to return my old system, I was just curious if they would include a note of what they did to fix the issue or if they'd inform me that it was a refurbished model. Either way it doesn't matter as long as it's fixed, just curious as to their process...tech major here.

Message 4 of 5 (68 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40615 posts

Dec 12, 2012

moononite89 wrote:

Ok yeah I never requested them to return my old system, I was just curious if they would include a note of what they did to fix the issue or if they'd inform me that it was a refurbished model. Either way it doesn't matter as long as it's fixed, just curious as to their process...tech major here.

If you never requested it be returned to you they'll send you a refurbished model back most likely, & no, you'll probably never know what was wrong with your old one, sorry.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 5 of 5 (53 Views)
0 Likes