Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 25 2012
By: zeldasushi Lombax Warrior 160 posts

Questions about new Super Slim model

7 replies 833 views Edited Sep 25, 2012

I'm currently debating on whether or not to buy the PS3 Super Slim with Uncharted 3 or the original Slim PS3 with Uncharted 3 (both are bundle units) and my indecisiveness comes from the fact I'm not sure about the quality of the newer model. How long will it last? Is it less durable than the old Slim since it's made out of what looks to be cheap plastic? How will the disk drive hold up since it's a top loader? Will it be more prone to scratching disks? 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (833 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24390 posts

Re: Questions about new Super Slim model

Sep 25, 2012

zeldasushi wrote:

I'm currently debating on whether or not to buy the PS3 Super Slim with Uncharted 3 or the original Slim PS3 with Uncharted 3 (both are bundle units) and my indecisiveness comes from the fact I'm not sure about the quality of the newer model. How long will it last? Is it less durable than the old Slim since it's made out of what looks to be cheap plastic? How will the disk drive hold up since it's a top loader? Will it be more prone to scratching disks? 

Nobody's used it, so nobody knows. 

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (817 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9699 posts

Sep 26, 2012
I watched someone unbox the new PS3 on youtube to see what it is like. The disk tray slide is mechanical and not motor driven like I originally thought. With this you can change or remove a disk without the PS3 being on, no motor to break, but lacks that 'cool' factor of the auto disk eject the current PS3 has.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (800 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15234 posts

Sep 26, 2012

Wow.......

this post reminds me of someone looking at buying a new car and debating on going with the older model year vs the new model year

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (782 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Sep 26, 2012
IMO the new superslim would be more reliable, because most of the automation has been removed from the machine, not that the Slim was all that complicated in the first place...
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (754 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2581 posts

Sep 26, 2012

Keep in mind that the Uncharted 3 that comes with the super slim PS3 is the Game of the Year version which includes $45 worth of DLC . The regular slim PS3 just has the regular version of Uncharted 3.

PlayStation MVP | PS Plus member | BETA Tester | YouTube Partner www.twitter.com/semajmarc87 | www.youtube.com/semajmarc87
1,600+ followers | 100+ subscribers
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (741 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Sep 26, 2012

Was this released?

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (708 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Sep 27, 2012

bluemaple33 wrote:

Was this released?

Yes. You should start seeing it in stores soon...

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (668 Views)
0 Likes