Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
25142 posts

Re: Questions about PS3 reading method

[ Edited ]
Sep 29, 2012

rsteele wrote:

I've been repairing these systems for customers for the last 2 years. I can tell you with 100% certainty that ordering the part, with shipping, and doing a little research can save a lot of money.

Most websites will sell the drive for $69.95 or $79.95 and will include free shipping or shipping of $12 or less. So the maximum spent will be $95 to $100. Verses spending at least $250 on a new system.

$100 < $250 if they don't feel comfortable repairing it themselves there are sites that will repair the drive of course the price of shipping a PS3 system is considerably more than shipping a small disc drive.

If he's built PC's before then swapping out a console drive is relatively simple and much more affordable (No matter how you measure the cost.)

Right on time with my "convoluted answer". Thanks :smileywink:

Why is everyone on the internet either a computer technician, Navy SEAL, or an ultimate fighter? Are those the only three growth industries left in America? 

Message 11 of 15 (40 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7966 posts

Sep 29, 2012

And the 160GB ps3 is still $250 correct?

It doesn't effect me if he buys a new one or repairs the old one. I keep a steady line of repair work coming in specifically because people don't want to spend $200 to $300 on a new system rather than fix the one they have. Just sharing my experiences with repairs. Not interested in your views on anything outside of the repair he asked about.

Thanks though.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd73/rseverclear/Lightemuprsteele2.png

Message 12 of 15 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7966 posts

Sep 29, 2012

You're a trip. However you trolling the forums looking for reaction from me isn't helping the poster that asked about repairs which is all that I was interested in.

Good day.

Message 13 of 15 (33 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Sep 29, 2012

Lol you guys sure are going at for no reason. Anyways let me be clear, I am looking at two options, one I buy it  used from my friend or Kijiji

OR

I wait till X-MAS for a drop in price (I don't want the super slim, the slim alone should suffice). With the second option in mind I asked if you guys know of any SPECIFIC websites that are known for having GOOD deals.(specially during X-MAS)

That's all gentleman. 

:smileyhappy:

Message 14 of 15 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7966 posts

Sep 29, 2012

Black Friday (November 23rd) sales would be the cheapest. Check local stores or online retailers but you won't find much out until mid November.

Message 15 of 15 (22 Views)
0 Likes