Jun 13 2013
By: walshcav First Son 1 posts

Question on Instant Game Collection for PS4

3 replies 131 views Edited Jun 13, 2013

I understand that my Playstation Plus account will continue on to my PS4, but I'd like one question clarified.

All the games on my PS3 that I have downloaded, will I be able to stream those through the Gaiki service on the PS4?

My thought process is simple, I'd like to be able to trade in my PS3 to offset the price of the PS4 and/or buy several games at launch.

Will I be able to play my downloaded GTA IV and Infamous 2 at launch on the PS4?

Message 1 of 4 (131 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14032 posts

Re: Question on Instant Game Collection for PS4

Jun 13, 2013

Don't know yet....the Gaikai service, while purchased by SONY, and announced as a potential streaming service, is not guaranteed.   Nor do we know when it will begin service, under what conditions, at what cost, or if there will be any way to "register" your existing games.

More than likely SONY will announce more details around the time the PS4 launches, but today we're all in the dark.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 2 of 4 (115 Views)
Last Guardian
11597 posts

Jun 13, 2013

vfr_800_rider wrote:

Don't know yet....the Gaikai service, while purchased by SONY, and announced as a potential streaming service, is not guaranteed.   Nor do we know when it will begin service, under what conditions, at what cost, or if there will be any way to "register" your existing games.

More than likely SONY will announce more details around the time the PS4 launches, but today we're all in the dark.

its already been announced that it will start early 2014 and it will stream ps3 games

>

Message 3 of 4 (110 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4457 posts

Jun 13, 2013

Teus wrote:

vfr_800_rider wrote:

its already been announced that it will start early 2014 and it will stream ps3 games

Yea but they didn't say which PS3 games will be able to be streamed. It's only going to be specific games when it comes out.  Again we'll have to wait until later when they give us more information on it.

Message 4 of 4 (91 Views)
0 Likes