Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 17 2012
By: DJ_Capro Lombax Warrior 183 posts

Question for owners of LBPV regarding data storage

[ Edited ]
7 replies 131 views Edited Sep 17, 2012

Hi guys,

Trying to decide to go retail copy or digital and it comes down to where the Vita is storing all the user creations you can download.

I imagine everything is stored on your memory chip, however someone said that if the game allows it data can be stored on the game cartridge? 

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7556 posts

Re: Question for owners of LBPV!

Sep 17, 2012
Nothing yet, because the Community Servers aren't up yet so user levels can't be downloaded.
FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice. Dogecoin is nice too.
dd58bb65b61e7ab81198f3cc66aa5896c7fd690a
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Re: Question for owners of LBPV!

Sep 17, 2012
Ah yes I forgot they are up tomorrow. Thanks tho
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (126 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8086 posts

Re: Question for owners of LBPV regarding data storage

[ Edited ]
Sep 18, 2012

I'd go physical media with LBPV.  I imagine the game itself is around 2GB, and will almost definitely store your creations (and downloaded community content) on the memory card (I've read that the 'user' space on the game cards is capped at around 250MB).

Of course, I'm a bit biased, because other than games that are only available via download (Escape Plan, Motorstorm RC, etc), I'm going all physical media.  That's basically because I currently only have an 8GB memory card.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2607 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 18, 2012

Well if you care about how much data you're taking up then go physical, as that even though the levels might not be on the game card itself, you sure don't have to worry about the amount of data the game itself will take up.

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 18, 2012

Thanks for the replies guys. I guess I'm not being clear though... If the game cart actually stores user levels then that makes it a clear choice. If however the new levels go on the memory chip then I'll go digital.

Imagine a couple years from now having, I dunno, 2 or 3 gigs worth of user levels plus your own creations... It will kind of suck to need the tiny game cart just to get at the large amount of data stored on the Vita. Might as well have it all accessible in one place. I have a 32g chip and it's nearly full but it's easy to put games on my laptop to make room... I just don't want a game cart to act like a key for the extra content.

edit: I hear the game size is 1.6 GB if anyone is interested. I usually get carts if the game exceeds 2 GB but it would be lovely if the game cart offered 2.4 GB of free space since they hold around 4...

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9700 posts

Sep 18, 2012
Buy the physical game from a store. Here are the benefits: you get a game case for your shelf, it requires far less memory card space, you can ebay it when you are done but you won't because this game is a 10 out of 10 PERFECT, but you could if you wanted to something a digital copy can't do.
I think the decision is obviously clear, go get it NOW if you are the slightest of LBP fan you will like this game more so than the PS3 games.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 18, 2012

Lol I really didn't mean to make this a digital vs retail thread but thanks for the advice :-)

I don't sell games and I actually find them more convenient on the memory chip... I want to conserve space on there, just not if the majority of the game's resources are going to end up existing there at some point. In that case I'd prefer to keep it together and accessible at the expense of the 1.6 GB main game file. If the game cart actually stores data then wicked, I'll even try to get some pre-order costume pack.

Sigh... If nobody knows that's cool, but I would appreciate it a lot if someone with the cartridge could check their availible memory in Settings before and after downloading a bunch of user levels - Thank you in advance to anyone willing to do that!

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (61 Views)
0 Likes