Dec 15 2012
By: RiserEric First Son 7 posts

Question for Ps3 Noob.

4 replies 143 views Edited Dec 15, 2012

Glad to be back after spending five regrettable years with the Xbox 360.

I was planning on getting a PS Plus subscritpion tonight and have one question.

With the free games that are around temporary, as long as you download them, do you have them forever? This was the only thing I wasn't sure of, and if you only got to play the game for the month its for download. 

Thanks for future help, guys.

Message 1 of 5 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
37716 posts

Re: Question for Ps3 Noob.

[ Edited ]
Dec 15, 2012
Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

RiserEric wrote:

Glad to be back after spending five regrettable years with the Xbox 360.

I was planning on getting a PS Plus subscritpion tonight and have one question.

With the free games that are around temporary, as long as you download them, do you have them forever? This was the only thing I wasn't sure of, and if you only got to play the game for the month its for download. 

PlayStation Plus is a 'Subscription Service", any free games you download are yours to play for as long as you have an active subscription.

Think of it like Netflix, you pay your $8.00 a month you can continue to watch your movies, if you stop you can't.

Themes & Avatars be they free or paid for are yours to keep forever.

Thanks for future help, guys.

You're welcome

Message 2 of 5 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 16, 2012

I'll add some things to what Brit said. Plus has benefits like Auto-Update and Online Save Data Storage, on top of that we get early beta access, and on top of all of that we get discounts on games and services. Games purchased at a discounted price are yours to keep forever unlike the games you get free with the subscription.

I too was all Playstation until one Christmas, about 5-6 years ago, I decided to get an Xbox 360. I'm not going to say I regretted it because I had good times with it. I'm just upset I actually chose it over a PS3 because of my friends preferences. I based my decision on their choice rather than the good 10 or so years I had with all of my Playstation devices. Never doing that again, Playstation forever.

Message 3 of 5 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
126 posts

Dec 16, 2012
Concerning Free games:
----------------------------------
IF your interest is the free games, subscribe in EU+ better. But if u liked the US+ free games selections, go for it.

Concerning discounts
------------------------------
if u looking forward for God Of War games, then US+ has exclusive discounts for it.

In General
---------------
Go around in ps+ section for both UK store and US store and take your final decision.
Message 4 of 5 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Dec 16, 2012
Bad suggestion above. Don't bother subscribing to another regions Plus service unless you're prepared to go through the trouble of buying content for those games in that regions store. You'll either end up paying more through a credit card or a PSN card you'd have to buy for that region somewhere online.
Message 5 of 5 (96 Views)