Highlighted
Jan 11 2013
By: garnergamer First Son 9 posts

Question for PS3 gamers who use the backwards compatibility feature

4 replies 119 views Edited Jan 11, 2013

Would you buy new PS1/PS2 games or only play the ones you already have?

Message 1 of 5 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11742 posts

Re: Question for PS3 gamers who use the backwards compatibility feature

Jan 11, 2013

When I still had a 60 GB PlayStation 3 model, I actually did some shopping around for PlayStation 2 titles. Games such as Bully I hadn't played until a few years after it first released, and it was good. Magic Pengel: The Quest for Color is another one that I bought, but had already played and finished years before then. Out of nostalgic value was the reason I had bought the game again.

Message 2 of 5 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
9437 posts

Jan 11, 2013

garnergamer wrote:

Would you buy new PS1/PS2 games or only play the ones you already have?

I would buy a new PS1 or PS2 game. But I already have all the old PS1 and PS2 games that I want. I don't think that anybody would make a "New" game for either of those dead systems. If there is a PS1 or PS2 game that I don't own, it is because I do not want to own it.

Ut96a.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 3 of 5 (104 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7074 posts

Jan 11, 2013

Well I don't have a BC PS3 but I'll answer anyway Smiley Tongue.  It's possible I would buy "new" games, but primarily I would want it to play my existing games, for the convenience of only needing one system.  It would be nice if the PS4 would have full BC for that reason, but it's not a deal breaker if it does not.

Message 4 of 5 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4392 posts

Jan 11, 2013

I went out an purchased GOW 1 and 2 new after I had my PS3.  I liked the idea of having the originals, plus it was easier for me as I moved my PS2 up to my cottage.  This way I could play these games in either location.

I also like the idea of having a single device to play my entire game collection.  It only makes sense.

When media like movies went digital, they were always backwards compatible because it is relatively easy to do so.  When I bought my first DVD player, it also played my CDs.

Every new DVD player did not require me to re-purchase my DVDs.

When BluRay came out it played DVDs, and did not require you to re-purchase your DVD collection.

Only the gaming industry, has conditioned us to spend large amounts of money, on a library of media that they argue to be art, thus worth holding onto, yet will be inaccessible in 6 years when the upgraded hardware comes out.

So unless you have enough room to continue adding console after console to your living room.  The library you have accumulated is completely wasted.

Then this industry wants to stop us from being able to sell our used games, during the life cycle of the current hardware generation.

Talk about wanting to have your cake and eat it to.

Be One With The Game.

Message 5 of 5 (79 Views)
0 Likes