Aug 16 2012
By: excalibur6834 Splicer 70 posts

Question about "Pulse" and "Qore" - What happened??

[ Edited ]
5 replies 1167 views Edited Aug 16, 2012

I usually download the latest "Pulse" episodes from PSN every month. As most people know, they usually have 2 episodes per month (an episode every 2 weeks), but now they haven't had a new Pulse episode since July 3rd (a month and a half ago)! Have they cancelled it? Does anyone know what happened or when it will return?

Also, what happened to "Qore"? I usually didn't download it because of the $2.99 price every episode, but occasionally they would offer a free episode download. I just checked in on it. Apparently, they started offering every episode for free starting last year (which I didn't know) and then cancelled it earlier this year. The last episode states that it is the last one, but they didn't tell why it was cancelled. Does anyone know?

I enjoy watching Pulse and host Christina Lee and I hope it will be back soon. It's a shame about Qore, especially since you could sometimes find game demos in those downloads that weren't offered on the PS store. Both programs have run for about 4 years or so, I think.

If anyone knows anything about these 2 PSN programs, let me know.  Thanks.

-Mike

Message 1 of 6 (1,167 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
342 posts

Re: Question about "Pulse" and "Qore" - What happened??

Aug 17, 2012
Qore got cancelled and no one knows about pulse, no one will give us an answer.
Message 2 of 6 (1,156 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 29, 2012

Christina Lee talks about Pulse on Facebook:

FB fam! Many of you have been asking and I'm sorry for the delayed response. It's been an incredible 3 years with Pulse and the PSN team. You know what they say, "All good things must come to an end." And it's been one incredible ride. I'm so grateful for the journey and for all of you who've showed your support and endless words of encouragement. I'm going through a sure year of transitions. Looking forward to the uncertainty, the crazy and boldness in new adventures. Thank you for your kind words, prayers and questions all these years. Hope you'll join me on this walk by keeping updated (find me on twitter, instagram!) and checking out the new things I'll be sharing with you all here. Let's dream big together. The world needs us all to dream bigger every single day. Let's keep hoping and not settle for good. Let's be nothing short of GREAT. Love and blessed by you all. Thank you for your hearts! ♥

Message 3 of 6 (833 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

Sep 30, 2012

Thanks for posting this message from Christina Lee. I didn't think to look for her Facebook page to find an answer to my question. Although, this message still didn't give a reason why Pulse was cancelled, just that it's ended. I don't know why she didn't go into more details as to why it's done. Maybe Sony forbid her from telling, for some reason. If she is still working for them in some capacity, they could prevent her from telling.

My only guess is that both Pulse (which has always been free) and Qore (which became free last year) were costing Sony too much money to continue to produce. It would have been nice of them to let us know that they were cancelling Pulse, though. They could have let Christina say that the last episode was going to be the final episode. I don't remember anything being said about it at all. We were just left hanging, wondering when the next one was coming out.

Oh, well. Such are the big corporations. Not really caring about their fans. I guess it's not that big a deal, but I will miss Pulse. It was entertaining and informative. And Christina is hot. I'll miss seeing her every couple of weeks.

-Mike

Message 4 of 6 (824 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
342 posts

Sep 30, 2012
Yet Europe still has their Access playstation show. I wonder why America doesn't have an equivalent. I just made a European account and download access and their other shows. I still don't understand why Sony doesn't put the videos and news that show up on Ps blog directly on psn. They're already being made and they do it for so e games such as all-stars.
Message 5 of 6 (820 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Sep 30, 2012

yea... theatre in HOME still running march 7 pulse and other antiquated vids. its a shame!!!RealWildChild.png

Message 6 of 6 (813 Views)
0 Likes