Sep 14 2013
By: semajmarc87 Treasure Hunter 4923 posts

Question about new the PS Vita model (PCH-2000)

10 replies 737 views Edited Sep 14, 2013

I read that the new PS Vita model has a micro USB Type B port. What is it's purpose and is it replacing the "mystery accessory port" on the old PS Vita model? Also has the 3G been permanently discontinued?

So is this an accurate assessment of the new slim PS Vita?

Pros:

- Lighter

- Thinner

- 1GB internal storage

- micro USB Type B port

Cons:

- less impressive screen

- no 3G version

semajmarc87
My YouTube | My Twitter
210+ Subscribers | 1,500+ Followers
Message 1 of 11 (737 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

Re: Question about new the PS Vita model (PCH-2000)

Sep 14, 2013
i wouldnt be suprised if the 3g version was discontinued, it was really annoying because you would have it on standby listening to music walking wherever your going and it would go off standby just to ask you to use the 3g even if you didnt have a plan! and from what i understand about the usb, i think they are just getting rid of the charger part of it.

and that is a good assesment on the vita, though the pros really arnt pros at all, especially at the same price. they just knocked the price off 100 dollars, my guess is they will try to phase out the phat vitas with the better screens. right now i would tell people dont bother with the light version.

The-White-Wolf-Sig.jpg

Message 2 of 11 (728 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4923 posts

Sep 14, 2013

lonewhitewolf1 wrote:
i wouldnt be suprised if the 3g version was discontinued, it was really annoying because you would have it on standby listening to music walking wherever your going and it would go off standby just to ask you to use the 3g even if you didnt have a plan! and from what i understand about the usb, i think they are just getting rid of the charger part of it.

and that is a good assesment on the vita, though the pros really arnt pros at all, especially at the same price. they just knocked the price off 100 dollars, my guess is they will try to phase out the phat vitas with the better screens. right now i would tell people dont bother with the light version.

You know you can just turn off the 3G in the settings, right? Anyway, I'm glad I have an OLED screen PS Vita. I would like to have a lighter/thinner PS Vita with the internal storage, but I don't want to downgrade the screen. I guess I'll just stick with what I have.

semajmarc87
My YouTube | My Twitter
Message 3 of 11 (724 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

Sep 14, 2013

semajmarc87 wrote:

lonewhitewolf1 wrote:

You know you can just turn off the 3G in the settings, right? Anyway, I'm glad I have an OLED screen PS Vita. I would like to have a lighter/thinner PS Vita with the internal storage, but I don't want to downgrade the screen. I guess I'll just stick with what I have.

im learning this now? and i was forced to sell mine, i was planning on getting the assasins creed bundle just because the white vita. but i never got it so now i have nothing. but still, the 1 gig will fill up fast with updates anyways so you have to get a new card. the new vita really isnt worth it. now if it had 64 gigs built in memory, then maybe iwould think about it.

The-White-Wolf-Sig.jpg

Message 4 of 11 (719 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
236 posts

Sep 14, 2013

I hope they still have the old model becuase I want a 3G one for remote play

Message 5 of 11 (711 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Sep 14, 2013

SliverAnimal45 wrote:

Are you out of your bloody mind? O.o You do know you have to pay for going over your data limit right? Something like remote play would suck up your data faster than you could believe. Look at the product page for Netflix. It has a warning which states it is highly recommended to not use Netflix over 3G, due to this hidden cost. Same concept for remote play, as it IS basically streaming gameplay.

Get your Portable ID!
Motorstorm 80GB Bundle w/ 320GB HDD
Message 6 of 11 (694 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1700 posts

Sep 14, 2013

New Vita = 1GB bundled, LCD screen, 20% thinner,15% lighter, improved battery life, micro USB charging & data, larger PS/Start/Sel/Vol buttons

Message 7 of 11 (682 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4923 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 14, 2013

Salesmunn wrote:

New Vita = 1GB bundled, LCD screen, 20% thinner,15% lighter, improved battery life, micro USB charging & data, larger PS/Start/Sel/Vol buttons

Is the battery actually better? The one that's in the original PS Vita is 2210 mAh. Have they said what the specs for the new battery will be?

semajmarc87
My YouTube | My Twitter
Message 8 of 11 (677 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 15, 2013

Shadelon wrote:

SliverAnimal45 wrote:

Are you out of your bloody mind? O.o You do know you have to pay for going over your data limit right? Something like remote play would suck up your data faster than you could believe. Look at the product page for Netflix. It has a warning which states it is highly recommended to not use Netflix over 3G, due to this hidden cost. Same concept for remote play, as it IS basically streaming gameplay.

You can not play Netflix over 3g connection on the Vita. I never tried remote play, and never wanted to pay the high data costs. Now my android allows me to create a hot spot and my Vita runs fine on it, I no longer use the 3g anymore.

Message 9 of 11 (648 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2609 posts

Sep 15, 2013

sparepart wrote:

Shadelon wrote:

SliverAnimal45 wrote:

You can not play Netflix over 3g connection on the Vita. I never tried remote play, and never wanted to pay the high data costs. Now my android allows me to create a hot spot and my Vita runs fine on it, I no longer use the 3g anymore.

Last time I tried to Remote Play over a 3G Connection it told me I had to use Wi-Fi, so you can't use 3G for Remote Play.

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Message 10 of 11 (625 Views)
0 Likes